Thursday, July 26, 2007

It's All About Me

I don’t know how many of you noticed but on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday I didn’t close this blog in the usual way. There was no summary of the day’s dull activities , no I need a breathing treatment, and no GBYA. The reason for that is that I was very sick. I spent most of those days in bed or in the bathroom. I had diarrhea , upset stomach and my breathing was so bad I had to carry oxygen all the time. I missed my soaps ( well not on Saturday and Sunday) Church, and being with Betty when she had her eye surgery. I was able to get to the computer room in the early morning and get the blog entry out but that was it.
Aside from the breathing problems this is something I go through about every two or three months. We think it has something to do with my hernia. The doctors don’t want to operate on it because of my lungs. So I live with it.
But it was not all bad. During this period I won two million dollars in a European contest I never entered, had a Mr. Wang Guangtao, Minister of construction of the People‘s Republic of China ,ask for my help in handling lots and lots of construction money, and was asked to handle the giving away to eradicate poverty over two million dollars by World Vision UK. Am I a lucky guy or what ?
Still I sit here as poor as ever and still slightly sick to my stomach.
Today the dog has surgery to change it from a her to an it and to fix a hernia she was born with. I hope that goes well.
If I feel well enough it is back to working in the basement.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and the answer is here.-It came on the morning mail train. It went from the Post Office to the Church where it sat on the Pastor’s desk until the Chairman of the congregation stopped in . It was the official reply of Pastor Castle. In the proper official language she said that with much prayer for the will of God she was accepting the call to Last Lutheran. She would begin her official ministry on the second Sunday in August. The chairman knew all this before opening and reading the document. She had called him last night and they had begun making plans for her to move into the parsonage. She didn’t have a lot of furniture so they decided that to save the parish moving costs the Parish would borrow a Baumen Egg Truck and send a couple of men from the Building Committee to move her furniture. They joked that they would treat her furniture like eggs. She also said that even though her ministry didn’t officially start until the second Sunday in August that she would be willing to take care of parish needs like funerals.
In a town like Pigeon Falls news of such importance moves quickly. Nancy soon had people coming into her coffee shop and wondering what this meant to Last Lutheran. Several people talked of leaving. They could go to the Baptist Church. It’s new Pastor wouldn’t even let women read the lessons on Sunday morning. The only other choice was the Catholic Church. It allowed no women in the priesthood.
****

Today's Link-(queenepeachie)- If you like poetry that's what she does. Leave a poetic Dr. John in the comment. ( read the one below today's entry as well . It's worth it.
AI had a pretty good day. I watched my soaps. I visited the last of my active links. I took a picture of the Priceless Prize for tomorrow. We still haven't mailed the prize from two Fridays ago because I've been sick and Betty had surgery so there was nobody to drive it to the Post Office. It is all wrapped up and addressed so soon. Last Friday's Ble Hipp can't go because we still don't have an address. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

17 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

During that period, I must have gotten over a dozen e-greetings from worshippers,schoolmates and relatives.

Last Lutheran is the only church in Pigeon Falls that accepts women in leadership roles? How in the world did they ever stand for a woman mayor?

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, Dr. J. You take it all in stride with such grace, though. I hope the puppy's operations go well.

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All that and you STILL managed to grind out blog posts?!? Makes me feel a bit ashamed that I can't seem to write more than once a week (or 4 times a YEAR on my own blog)...

6:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for the kind words.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Take care, my friend. I hope you all feel better soon. God Bless.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OKAY ... YOU MADE ME "HO-HO-HO" telling us about what was in your mailbag ...
When you feel that badly ... it makes you appreciate when you feel better ... hey?
LOIS

7:45 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Uh, yeah we noticed!!!!!!!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I will say a prayer for you, betty and you puppy. I hope you are feeling better soon

10:37 AM  
Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Wow, all that and you still posted on your blog? Hope you are feeling better.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am suitably shamed. I can't seem to get my blog posting done every day with good health. You're amazing. Tell those residents thinking about going to the Baptist church to get over themselves.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Sounds like you and I were in the same boat Dr. John. I've been battling a virus for two weeks now and finally am getting a little energy to do anything.

Here's to feeling better. GBY

11:39 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

lol Dr John, just glad you didn't capture the first paragraph on video for posterior-ity, lol!!!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Ruth W. said...

feel better...I just love reading your blog, hang in there, and I will be praying for you.

4:42 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Awww...I am really sorry to hear about your ailment. Hope everything is okay now. Just have a good rest and regain your health and energy that is just what is best.
I do appreciate your visit especially when you're not so feeling good. Thanks.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Hello. It is amazing that you wrote a long post in these moments of not well feeling. I wish that you "recover" soon.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

well you know i noticed. you are loved very much, how could i not.

glad the wrap ups are back for that means you are doing well and that is very good news. hoping the same from Betty's eye too.

my blog is active really, it's just that i haven't been able to post something new since i have been back..i hope this changes soon.

i as many others appreciate how much you are dedicated to your blog and to your friends. it is incredible that even while so sick you still managed to post daily. thank you so very much.

here is hoping that you and Betty have a wonderful sleep, restful and with only beautiful dreams..

i think it is pretty interesting how much in common we have. the same thing with my hernia is the same thing is what is going on with you..once in a while mine acts up and they are still not willing to take the chance because of the other things with me to go in there and get it fix so you and i live and try our best to live the fullest life we can.

i hope it is a better tomorrow for you.

love ya very much. hugs and kisses to you and yours.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Goodness, being sick like that can be demoralizing. Glad to hear you are able to keep on keeping on. Plus worry about blog posts!

But, I was glad to see how fortunate you were to win all those prizes and become a very rich man during those sad days!

Be WeLL!

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home