Thursday, August 30, 2007

It's All About Me- One More Time

Saying for the Day-Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

It is September and I have begun to reinvent my blog. You will notice the new logo. The new self-picture. These are visable new beginnings.
At the end of this week all the special days will end except for the contest which will stay on Friday. No more organization.
Now to start over I went back to my blog roots. If you missed that blog have reprinted the story below.

"It was a bit more than two years ago. I was sitting on the dock out at the Church camp. The water was calm , the day was beautiful. Suddenly a hand came up out of the water with a golden computer keyboard. A voice said “ You were born to blog. It is your destiny”. I respond “ Voice, I am too old to Log”. The arm with the golden keyboard begins to shake. I think it is getting tired.
” Not log! BLOG! You moronic dock sitter”, the Voice again.
“Do I get the keyboard? What is blog?” I respond.
Voice “Seek help from the great Patrick who blogs already.”
Me “ Couldn’t I ask the lesser Peter”
Voice-” Go to Blogger its all explained there”
So it began. The great journey into blogging. Sometimes when I look back I think it must have been a dream. But then there is that rusted , gold colored keyboard I got from the lake. I have it hidden in a box in the back of the closet.
I blog because it is my destiny. The Voice said so."
So I went back to my to the lake and I waited. A voice said " Go and Finn no more"." Keep Ralph but vary the day". " Cease with the Dr. John in the comments on the day's links." " Free Monday from the comment curse".
I said " Who are you"
The voice answered " I am the virtual voice of your virtual lake."
I said, "You have left me very little what should I do?"
The voice answered " Hey, its your blog . Go ask the great Patrick or the Lady Betty".
And so the change begins. Where it leads nobody knows except perhaps the great Patrick.

@@@@-News from Pigeon Falls-The littler town in my garage where the trains still run, dragons fly, and something smells.– For years Pigeon Falls has been dumping their sewerage into the Crayon River . There is flows down river to the Great Bear lake. Now the Great Bear Lake could be better named the Great Bear cesspool . The state of Michigan has now given the town ninety days to cease using the Crayon River or face increasing fines. Mayor Trumble is trying to get the state to give the town more time while she tries to get a grant and some kind of plan to handle the sewerage . The State says they warned the town last year and nothing happened. So Pigeon Falls is caught between Millions in fines or millions for a new facility and it doesn’t have either set of millions.
Petrovich says he thinks there is a driblet that somehow applies to this situation. Mrs. Trumble says that Petrovich can keep his driblets. Well that’s not what she said exactly . For a sweet old lady she knows some pretty interesting words.
Nancy says that people can’t understand why they need to change now. The river is already polluted and so is the lake. It won’t get any worse. You can almost walk on the lake now. The State will never get that back to pure water quality. So why pick on them. Nancy says she tells them that they would be surprised how fast nature restores things when we stop messing them up. Nancy is an environmentalist and really thinks Pigeon Falls has to stop polluting. In just two weeks Nancy will marry Tommy TW ( the writer) . Uncle Eino has redone the buggy he bought to look like a carriage fit for a Princess ( with a little imagination). They have their last meeting with Pastor Castle tomorrow. She believes in extensive pre-marital counseling as opposed to Pastor Marvel one hour meeting.
Will Pigeon Falls survive the State of Michigan? Will Great Bear Lake ever be pure again? Will Nancy really become Mrs. TW? Will Petrovich mess everything up , again? Will the carriage breakdown on the way to the reception? And of course Is Tommy UK really the undertaker’s kid?
*****

Today's Link-Brian Cormier's Blogtastic World- A look at the problem of being fat. Leave him words of comfort.
Took my grandsons to Toys are Us to reward them for all the help they gave me while they were here and to celebrate Elijah's birthday. It was a fun trip. They have now all gone North for the rest of their vacation. It is so quite here. I went to work on the train layout and discovered that you can't put a fas-track oval on a three foot wide table. We need a new engineer. I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

7 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

Change is good. I like the new log and picture. I'm glad you are not going away.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Petrovich has a driblet that applies to sewage. Why am I not surprised?

3:18 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Good for Pastor Castle. Marriage should require a whole lot of counseling before a person enters into it. Maybe then more marriages would last....or end before they start.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

The Great Patrick knows all, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

What????? No more leave a comment Monday???

I like the new look.

7:57 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

It's a new look
It's a new world
It's a new blog

3:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

like the new cool looking blog He!He!He! “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
Read it somewhere
wishing you well :)

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home