Sunday, September 30, 2007

Just a Little

Saying for the day- A little is better than none at all.

I didn’t get to church this morning as I wasn’t feeling well.I didn’t do the blog either as I didn’t want to fight with the portable. But now I am back in Neenah, feeling a little better. I am back at a computer that has some problems but not like the portable.
I guess into every life a bad week or two has to come. At least I slept through most of this one.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and it snowed again last night.– Of course last night’s snow was just a light dusting. Just enough to keep everything white and pretty.
This afternoon they presented Bob McBain with his trophy, money , and sweater for winning the cross country ski race yesterday. It was a very impressive ceremony. It should have been held yesterday but he came in so far ahead of the rest they thought that he might have cheated. They looked at video of the race at various points to make sure he went the entire distance. He did. They made a DVD of the separate videos and gave that to him as well. He said he was faster because he used a new and special wax. Wink’s woods is offering to sell the wax as well as I skied in Pigeon Falls in October sweaters.
The temperature stayed at five below zero today ending the hopes that a warm up was coming.
The group that is looking into holding a big Skido race out on the Lake of the Loons is counting on this weather staying at least another two or three weeks. But they have already plowed a track on the lack and invited riders to come and use it. They can ride out on what was the cross country trail.
Last Lutheran had a hot soup lunch today trying to raise some Money for the heating fund.Hot soup seems like just the thing in this cold weather. Nancy is thinking of offering it in her place if the weather continues.
******

Today's Link-WaitStress.com- You think you have it bad?

6 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Cold weather still doesnt seem to have brought hard times on Pigeon Falls. Where there is a will, there is a way.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Hope everyone gets to feeling better Dr. John. It's too gorgeous of a season to feel yukky.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Indeed, the season is a beautiful one. I will go home in two weeks to enjoy autumn for a few days. I posted something for you on my blog a few days ago.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Hope you are feeling better, Dr. J.

2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's your body telling you to slow down and take care. Hope you feel better soon. When you do, please come play the word game. I just don't know what is wrong with the email address I have for you...hmmm...must be an old one.

Above all...take care of you!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home