Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Coors Light Train

Saying for the day:Beer is proof that God loves us. -- Ben Franklin
I don’t drink beer but I have fallen in love with Coors Light. I don’t care about the beer but MTH makes the most marvelous O scale train called the Coors Silver Bullet. It has the most fantastic futuristic engine that looks a bit like a bullet train. The finish is a bright chrome on plastic that looks like a Coors can. It has all the right sounds built in so that when it starts up it sounds like the winding up of a jet turbine. Once it is running it sounds like a steam locomotive. It is spectacular. Now the cars are different from any model railroad cars I have ever seen. They have that same Coors finish. When the train is stopped and the button pushed to open a door on the refrigerator car filled with Coors beer, of course, a blue light comes on and smoke pours out. It looks like air blowing over a frosty cold object. The effect is great.


The only problem is it costs $499 . This is slightly over my train budget.
So I am waiting for Coors to have a contest where you buy a six pack and you could win the train. Then I might by a couple of six packs. My two sons drink beer.
Early next month I plan on going to the big train show in Milwaukee and if I’m lucky they will have one operating there. I know MTH will have a booth. I might even have the tracks in downstairs by then. I really don’t need new glasses and my family can do without Christmas gifts. Who knows!

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life goes on.–It is still zero in Pigeon Falls while the rest of the UP goes through a heat wave, one of the hottest Octobers on record. It snowed again this morning, just a light dusting. Some people are beginning to think this is the way it will always be.
The town has set up the big Christmas tree next to the gazebo . That is to say they have put lights on it and hung those giant candy canes. It gives a festive note to the town square. With people coming in from all over to snow mobile they want them to feel welcome.
The friendly dragon, big white rabbit, and poltergeist have all been strangely silent. It’s possible they don’t like zero degree weather.
Nancy is so busy she put in an extra table. Her soup is the best in town and so is her coffee. But now she can’t talk to everybody and really doesn’t have the time for decent gossip. She’s making money but not having fun and would be glad to see the cold weather end. She would be happy with half of the eighty degree temperatures the rest of the Up had.
As of this morning that are still only two men planning on going to Marquette to take on lightning woman. This is not the bravest community in the world. Of course there are those like Eino who say all this stuff from Petrovich is nonsense. They need to find the real reason for the weather in order to change it. Mrs. Trumble says she thinks it’s nonsense also but if standing on her head and singing the Pigeon Falls song had the slightest chance of ending this weather she would do it. She could to. She is in great shape for an old lady.
**********

Today's Link-Lyon Valley Northern-A blog about my hobby.
I had a good day. My oxygen level hit the bottom of the normal range in the morning which for me is really good. Betty and I continued trying to put the living/dining room area in order. I think it will take one more day. We lost some time walking the dog and going to get my hearing aid adjusted. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

17 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

That is a sweet looking train, I love to see it on a few of their commercials.

I don't drink beer either, the taste doesn't do it for me. However, there has been a few times when there was nothing else to drink and I must admit, Coors Light is thirst quenching and bearable out of all the beers out there.

My husband would disagree, he likes his imported, thick stout types of beer. Guiness or Heineken. They taste and smell too much like dandelions for me. Guess it's the hops.

And yes, I ate a dandelion before. =O)

6:28 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

I am wondering why the townsfolk of Pigeon Falls dont rise up and force Petrovich to go wrestle the lightning woman. I can just see them coming in the dark of night with their lit torches to get him. Sort of like the peasants in the old Frankenstein movies. Or maybe they will just come to run him out of town. Maybe it will come to that eventually.

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOW ABOUT IF A GROUP OF YOU BOUGHT THIS TRAIN ... & TOOK TURNS USING IT?

Oh well ... it gives me the chills to hear about the weather in Pigeon Falls. On my latest journal entry I had to post our falling temps here in Crystal Falls!
LOIS

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wish i could buy you the train.

9:12 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

lol Dr John,
Muslims and car crash victims might not agree with that one.

Though it would clearly make a Great Brewery Slogan, it is hard to reconcile with drunk driving, or all of the other chaos that drunkeness can bring about

11:09 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

It is no longer Religion
that is the Opium of the Masses
it never really was

It is Beer, sausages, beefburgers, chocolate and pharmaceuticals are the 'opium' of the masses

11:12 AM  
Blogger J C said...

Well, you could hint to your better half that Coors...uh, I mean, Christmas is coming. Or you could ask the folks of Pigeon Falls to start paying rent for your garage! :)

11:14 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Great vid
Cool Train set

4:19 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

If it will make you happy..........


(Hint : you could ask your loving :) family to split their money to buy it for you for Christmas.)

T.C.O.B

4:30 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

That is a cool little train Dr John, I can see why you like it. If there should be a way that I could win it I would ship it directly to you. Dont get too excited though...I never drink Coors. But I do have some friends that do.....and if they won the train..I think I could talk them out of it!!!!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

The six pack reminds me of what has happened once to my wife and me when we were shopping. She put a six pack of Coke in the caddy. When we reached the cashier, we discovered that only 5 bottles where in the pack. My wife was astounded. I teased her: But today is a special action. Get 5 for the price of 6. She did not think this was funny.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not certain that either Pigeon Falls or you needs a beer train. Wanting one is a different matter ....

1:17 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

it is a lovely train and i would so love to buy it for you if we could...i hope somehow, someday soon, you get it.if anyone out there deserves to have his hearts desire is you Sir.

i am glad you are breathing better and i thank you for your complimentary about the new template..i like it too and i'm quite happy with it.

much love and many, many hugs to you and Betty..have a great day and breath easy. xooxoxoxoo

4:30 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

That is one sweet train! If Coors has a contest let us know. Coors is not the kind of beer my husband drinks but I'll make him drink a six-pack or two for you!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Alastair said...

I agree with Ben Franklin! It seems through the history of any kind of booze that monks and the like have been best at brewing it, or making innovations which make it more enjoyable!

Like the train too!

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello..
a found a great place to find nice products at cheap rate at [url=http://50off.reviewazone.com/]discount coupon[/url]
Have Fun

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did anyone hear that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home