Sunday, October 14, 2007

953 entries



Saying for the Day:Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. Maria Robinson





I searched my data bank and it seems that nobody picked this day.
Nessa came close. She had yesterday.
Now I could be wrong. I have been before. If you think you entered the 14th let me know and I will go back and read all of your comments from the time the contest started.
My problem now is I have a train to give away. Perhaps I will put it behind a Friday door. Or give it to anybody who wins two weeks in a row. I will have to think on it.
Right now I am going to church.

@@@@ News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and hero‘s rise up as needed.. The big winter carnival went well yesterday except for the drunk that fell into one of the DNR bubbler holes at the Lake of the Loons. They got him out of the lake and into some of Eino’s dry clothes . He spent the rest of the day in Eino’s cabin , in front of a roaring fire, trying to get warm. The DNR had the hole fenced in but the gate wasn’t locked . Other than that the day went very well. Some people won, lots of people lost. Everybody had a good time.
The real event yesterday was in Marquette where wrestling held center stage. There was an overflow crowd many of whom had come to see the lightning lady take on all comers. It had been highly advertised. The TV announcer had said that the fate of a small town may rest on tonight’s match.
The first Pigeon Falls contender was Towner Maki. Lightning Lady had him dowhn and out in two minutes. Next came Fred Lehtinen. He tried running rather than wrestling but the ring is a small place and she caught him. He was gone in less time than Towner. Then there were no contenders. Lightning Lady looked at the Pigeon Falls people and shouted “ Come on fight me! You miserable cowards.” Nobody moved an inch. ‘Then you deserve to freeze forever “ she shouted.
It was at that point that the place went dark just like on the Raw wrestling program. The aisle was spotlighted and powerful music played. Down that Aisle came Pigeon Fall’s own hero. Dressed in a green jumpsuit with a cartoon of a knight slaying a dragon on the front came the dragon slayer. She moved quickly and soon stood face to face with the lightning lady. The house lights came up. The lightning lady laughed and said “ Is this your best and old lady . She needs help crossing the street. “ It was at that point that Mr. Trumble grabbed her , lifted her up into the air and threw her to the canvas. The referee gave a fast three count and declared Mrs. Trumble the winner. Lighting Lady screamed foul.” I wasn’t ready”. But the match was over she would be coming to Pigeon Falls to sing.
Somebody said they saw Mrs. Trumble at Applebee’s that night after the match having coffee with the Lightning Lady. They swear Mrs. Trumble said something like “ Thank your mother for me. Now I owe her one”. Mrs. Trumble says they did have coffee but what they discussed was when Lightning Lady would come to Pigeon Falls and some of the arrangements for that visit.
In any case when Mrs. Trumble returned to Pigeon Falls there were welcome home Dragon Slayer banners. If it wasn’t so cold there might have been a large crowd as well.
*****

Today's Link- Not Alone- Cute Baby
a good day. My oxygen level was down a bit so I took the oxygen with me to church. Pastor Joel was out of town so we had a guest Pastor. The Choir sounded like I imagine angels to sound. Came home to watch the Packers squeek out a win.It was as if both teams were trying to lose and the other team tried harder. But a win is a win and is better than a loss. After the game we went to the basement and finished the shelf. Piled as much Christmas stuff on it as we could but we will need another one. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

7 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Boy, the Lightning Lady is lucky Mrs. Trumble didnt bring along her Dragonslayer to the wrestling match.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Not to be a stickler, but are you sure this is your 953rd published post? See Here.

If you looked at "All" that would include your drafts (Unpublished posts) with your published posts.

If someone went through your archives and counted all your posts from day one - they'd come up short not knowing how many unpublished drafts you'd have.

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew somebody was going to end up in the lake! Brrrrrrrrr .....

11:07 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Oh, I'm always so close.

2:35 PM  
Blogger BBC said...

Hey you old fart, how has it been going with you? Why is it that a christian is following QUASAR9's blog?

That's scientific stuff you know. Starting to question some things are you? Maybe starting to see that God is in evolution also and a scientist learning about himself?

Hugs, you old fart. I always loved you even when I tested and scorned you. Think of me as you die, I will take you to a beautiful place of your choosing.

Don't let anyone else tell you what it is, you decide what it is. Meanwhile, do what you can about the stupid wars and the other souls starving to death everyday on this planet.

Thank you.

6:47 PM  
Blogger BBC said...

Oh, and happy fucking birthday or whatever on the 953 blog post. Let's see, almost 7 billion people on this planet. Maybe 100 read our blogs.

The rest don't even know or care that you exist. So tell me something, how does it feel to you to be just a speck of cosmic dust in cosmic space and time?

6:54 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Go Pack!! I agree with your game analysis. But.. a win is a win.

Your saying for the day is perfect. I need to print it and stick it to my computer.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home