Saturday, January 28, 2006

We let the genie out of the bottle

www.theologicaluniversity.org
Saying for the day:He who kneels before God can stand before anyone.
------Slept well. We had a good life. We weren't rich but we could buy anything we wanted (we didn't want much). WE could make a little extra Christmas gift to our kids( or give them a hand when they needed one). Life was good. Then we let the house genie out of the bottle. Suddenly we were poor. We lived in a house we couldn't sell and wanted to buy a house we couldn't afford. We were up to our neck in loan offers and moving expenses and suddenly we knew we couldn't do it. But the genie was out of the bottle. The simple good life was over. The truth is we are poor. O not dirt poor, but poor. The kids want us to move and if we save all our money and live like hermits and if the prices of houses in Green Bay don't go up in twenty years we could afford a house in Green Bay. Of course in twenty years we will need to move into assisted living. The question is can we back off and go back to life as it was. Can we push the genie back in the bottle? I don't know. I just don't know!
@@@ Well our hapless loser did his fifty daily losing spins. That's 4800 spins without a prize. I won.com could be called Ilost.com. Plans for the losers party progress but he is thinking of holding it off until the 600oth spin. He still needs to work on the invitation list. Hey, give him some help. Turn in those suggestions. Well tune in again tomorrow for "As the World Spins".***
Not much happened during the day. I worked on the February edition of the Church web page and Betty went to the church and set up for the baptismal coffee. Tonight we went to church and it was wonderful. Charles is a better preacher than when he was our intern and he wasn't bad then. Six years of pastoring and four years on the mission field haven't dampered his enthusiasm for the gospel at all. Aside from having a little less hair he's the same old Charles. Anita still has that engaging smile she had when we first met her. God is truly at work in their lives. The sermon was tremendous and Charles worked in the adult baptism that was taking place at this service. After the service we had a chance to talk to both of them and I am really thankful for that. From the church we went grocery shopping. When we came out of the store it was snowing so hard we couldn't see the car. This is supposed to be one of the biggest storms this year. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Over thirty years ago I won a small TV. Haven't won anything since. Oh, wait, a door prize at my class reunion. May I come to the losers party, too???

Sue

6:17 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

I pass, by a virtual stranger, to let you know that I've tagged you!

http://stillhigh.blogspot.com/

Peace.............

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful encouragements you have given me. I am at a Youth conference right now, and I am kind of feeling out the situation before I decide to approach it. But I definitely will be talking to him about it.

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the genie is back in the bottle. Once in a while mine gets out too and I have to shove him back in. I think a screw cap with super glue would work wonders! Sometimes a "good sermon" helps get him back in too. Or at least he isn't as noticeable. I remember when Charles was your intern. You've been blessed with some very fine interns over the years. As far as homes go, it's all about location, location, location! What you have now, if it was in Green Bay, would be worth more than the homes you looked at in Green Bay. So, you are rich! And you're greatest asset is your faith and your family. Rich, rich, rich!! In fact, very wealthy!! If I get invited to the party (I'm a Packer fan and my wife is a Lions fan) we could bring deviled eggs and the green been casserole. Every gathering needs a green bean casserole! And now I have to go out and shovel some more snow! Peace.

Terry

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home