Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Blog Thinking


www.theologicaluniversity.org
Saying for the Day:Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.
------Since I joined blog explosion I have been doing some thinking about blogging. It started with the question "Why would I want other people to read my blog?" Having no answer to that question I asked some others. What is the purpose of this blog? It started out as a simple daily diary where friends and family scattered all over the place could see what is happening in the Linna family. It has certainly met that purpose. So then why would I want others to read it ? Some possible answers. I went through all the trouble to write it (not to mention spell check it) .
It is so well written that I want others to see it ( who am I kidding. My granddaughter can write this well and does.)
Just plain ego.(That's a real possibility)
The hope that some other person will get something good out of sharing my experience.(Lofty purpose but probably nonsense)
Ah but all this thinking is hurting my head. I guess I will just have to work on a personal philosophy of blogging. If anyone has one they would like to share let me know.
@@@ Well its another day and another fifty spins by our hapless loser. Given that he now knows of a nice lady that has tried for two years without winning at Iwon.com he held very little hope for today .Now he has spun 4600 times without a win. Will he , knowing what he knows spin again tomorrow? Tune in to "As the World Spins"****
Well Betty went to therapy and I went blogging. I added to my top ten websites list. Betty came home and went to work on the laundry. Then she went out and took a picture of the house. If we decide to list it as for sale by owner we will need the picture. I am amazed every time I use the blog spelling checker because it thinks there is no word like "blog".I read my son Peter's blog and his wife has listed all the things she has to do. It is exhausting to just read the list. My advice to her is not to make lists. Betty continued to clean and haul. I went and worked on the HO layout in the train room. I still haven't gotten all the bumps out of the track. I began to layout the first mountain module which will be removable. Then I spent some time reading " The Soul of the Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe by Gene Veith. This is a very good book and a fine introduction to the works of CS Lewis. Betty went to Bible study at the church. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good picture of the house. However, if possible, wait and post one without all the snow. Might help it sell faster. Also thought you would be interested in knowing we met someone from Crystal Falls. They have lived here for several years. He was working at one of the pro shops. He graduated from the high school in Crystal Falls in 1960. Played on the basketball team. Don Franz. Do you know him?

Sue

12:07 PM  
Blogger Chandira said...

YOu know, I've had the same thoughts, then on my other blog, somebody left a really sweet note, about how the read regularly, and was inspired by it. So you never know. People do get something good out of a well written blog by a caring person.
Never doubt why you're doing it. It all serves.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Pamela J Weatherill said...

Hi Dr John - thought I would visit after you visited my blog ... perhaps to answer your questiona bout inspiring people I could suggest that people read other people's blogs for inspiration too ... just a though!

1:22 AM  
Blogger web_loafer said...

When a person is honest enough to talk about occasional failures,plans for the future, the need for God's forgiveness, and hope that is really faith.....
I'll read.
As we wait for the second coming.
It is so close, I want to be ready.
I want to be ready, I want to be ready to march.....
or maybe it will be April, it is soon, I love his appearing, because I know it will happen, and probably in my lifetime.
I'm 60

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home