Monday, September 08, 2008

Another Look at Me

Link of the Day

Cut on the Dotted Line


Saying for the Day:

Our credulity is greatest concerning the things we know least about. And since we know least about ourselves, we are ready to believe all that is said about us. Hence the mysterious power of both flattery and calumny. ~Eric Hoffer

Picture of the Day:

Robert's Challenge ( Show me your kitchen)


The Days Wrap UP
For some reason the Link of the day and the saying plus all of my left hand column are missing in Explorer but there in Firefox. Got the link and saying back but not the left column. It was a great and horrible day. Great because my oxygen level was up and I didn't even look at a little oxygen tank all day. Horrible because I had no internet this morning until after seven. Betty pointed out that my left hand column was missing in explorer. Spent all morning trying to fix that without succeeding .Then Betty decided to organize things. I hate that. I got stuck working the coupon basket. Almost all the coupons had expired. Why do we save them? Then she wanted my computer desk cleaned. That is not working on the computer but it does look nice now. Finally I got to visit all my links. After that I visited kitchen pictures. Now despite the good day I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
******************************************
It’s time to look inside my head. Soon you will know me better than I do.
Let’s Start with twelve words starting with Z that tell you something about me.

1. Zoo– I love zoos but not if the animals are in small cages.

2. Zero– This is one of my favorite drinks from Coca Cola.

3. Zantec– Now you know I get heartburn . Too much stomach acid.

4. Zest– Not the kind that youth has so much of but the soap. It works great.

5. Zipper– What my shirts have now because I hate buttons.

6. Zucchini– I like a good Zucchini bread but otherwise they waste garden space.

7. Zillion– One of my favorite numbers when I was a kid. I wish I had a zillion dollars.

8. Zircons– Because I can’t afford Diamonds.

9. Zarkov– Dr. Zarkov in the Flash Gordon movies always fascinated me.

10. Zinnia– One of the many flowers I managed not to grow.

11. Zap– A great little electric car that I would buy if I was well.

12. Zealous– I am zealous for the Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Now a little fill in the blanks. My answers in red.

1. If I was to walk into your life, _you would ask where is my walker?

2. Catch a bright star and place it in the living room. Cut the electric bill..

3. And you can send me to Finland

4. I try and try but I'm dealing with a memory that never forgets.

5. I'm the innocent bystander / Somehow I got stuck just watching.

6. What's keeping us apart isn't selfishness, it’s intelligence.

7. And as for the week, tonight I’m looking forward to sleep and dreaming, tomorrow my plans include putting stuff on E-Bay and Wednesday, I want to go to a movie!

Now you know me a tiny little bit better.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Tommy UK spent the week end watching Mary Maxim movies. He is now convinced that Mrs. Trumble probably is Mary Maxim. Now he has more questions than answers. Why did she quit making movies? She seemed to be very good at it. Why did she come to Pigeon Falls? Nancy says it was Mr. Trumbles decision and the railroad was the main reason. But that doesn’t seem like the whole answer to him. Nancy also says that we should stop asking questions and be thankful she is here. Tommy UK is thankful she is here but he just can’t turn off the questions. If it was Mr. Trumble’s decision why didn’t she move back to Texas with her parents when he died? One question leads to another and he knows he is going to have to ask her. There is no way he can stop now.
So tonight after school he is going to stop out to her house and ask. He just has to do it.
Mrs. Trumble will be busy all day trying to run a small town that is always short on money and big on problems. Pigeon Falls needs a new sewer system and its fifteen channel cable system needs upgrading . It is run by the town. She is trying to get the state to repair the road coming to Pigeon Falls because she knows the train won’t run forever. She has to push the group working on the October Fest. They are behind schedule. The power plant went down again in the last storm forcing them to use power from Wisconsin electric. She needs to find two more volunteer firemen before the next fire. She has a full day. It’s good she doesn’t know Tommy UK is coming this evening or does she?
Will Tommy UK really ask the hard questions? Will Mrs. Trumble answer? Will their friendship end, forever? What are the answers ? Will that road ever get repaired? And of course is Tommy UK really the undertaker’s kid.

14 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

If Pigeon Falls is full of rumors going around, no doubt there must be a rumor going around that Tommy UK is going to confront Mrs. Trumble. Tommy UK will have to make sure to watch her reactions very carefully as she is probably already prepared with the answers.

4:08 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

Yeah for #6 in both lists.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

It looks like if you have sterilized your stove so clean it looks, lol ! I love the dog's expression, I looked like that this morning when I woke up !

6:42 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I love all your Z's and your answers - especially #6! LOL!

I believe Tommy and the mayor will have a good heart to heart. The mayor knows (from the rabbit) Tommy can be trusted with a secret, and she probably needs to talk to someone.

Is that PIE on the stove? What KIND?
*smackin' my lips!*

7:35 AM  
Blogger Carletta said...

Do you think the dragon would let me share that pizza that looks like it may soon go in the oven?

I loved - catch a star and hang it to cut the electric bill - so clever.

Have a wonderful day Dr.John!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Maggie looks Zonked!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Anndi said...

So the dragon does all he flame-broiling?

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that pizza I spy in your kitchen? I'll be right over!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

That dog is so cute!

5:05 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

Mondays are always entertaining over here Dr John.
That stove is incredibly clean. Does the dragon do the cooking?

8:18 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

Pizza and coffee? Can't go wrong with that. And if there's ice cream in the freezer, this is the perfect kitchen!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I am pleased that you had a horrible day because you had no internet. That makes two of us feeling like this (but of course, in this world there must be hundreds of thousands who would feel like this). I had had though no problem in the last few weeks or even month of getting connected. But I always say: Without internet I am naked.

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a frozen pizza?

9:16 PM  
Blogger Alastair said...

It's amazing how much we have come to rely on the Internet! Just a few years ago I was dialing up very rarely and didn't really give a second thought when I sat down at my PC and got some work done :-) Now I can sit at my PC for hours and achieve nothing....ain't progress grand.....?

Hope you aren't bereft today, thanks for comments on New Kid...

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home