Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Change in the Pet World

Saying for the Day:
Just because everything is different doesn't mean anything has changed. ~Irene Peter
Picture of the Day:
Doors a Meme by Jientje















Two doors on a treasure chest!





Open doors showing the treasure.













  • The dragon went here to have her baby. It was cool like a cave.






    The Days Wrap UP

    After blogging I started searching through my pictures looking for doors. Then I went and took the door picture for tomorrow. Maggie caught a bird and poor Betty had to chase her to have her give it up. Then Betty went to Bible Study. I visited links with door pictures. In the afternoon my sister called. I printed out the May blogs for her since she isn't on the internet. That took a long time. I then visited all my links. Now I need a breathing treatment.
    GBYA
    ***********************************************
    Change in the Pet World
    Things have really changed. I was talking with my grandson Alex about pets and he told me all about his.
    Now to me a pet is a cat or a dog. Perhaps a parrot or a hamster but that’s pretty well it.
    But Alex doesn’t have a cat or a dog or a parrot or a hamster. He doesn’t even have a cute little pet pig.
    No, He has a four foot long Python. That’s right a python. A snake. Yuck. I don’t think I could sleep in his house.
    It’s all my fault. I took him to Six Flags over Greater America last year. There was an exhbit of snakes and he got to hold one. That’s when he decided he had to have one and talked his father into it.
    His dad thinks it’s great. It doesn’t cost much . You can leave it for a week and not have to have someone come and feed it. It doesn’t bark or make noise. It is a great pet.
    Alex feeds it mice. One little baby mouse will last it two or three days.
    I can’t imagine my mother ever letting me have a snake for a pet. But then I can’t imagine having a snake either.
    But Alex is happy. He says unlike a dog or cat his snake will live fifty years. I suppose that is an advantage.
    But then he has to find a girl who likes snakes at some point in his life.

    News from Pigeon Falls
    The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
    Yesterday there was a regular shouting match in the Liar’s Club meeting as they tried to pick a final winner in the Liar’s Club Contest. Everybody was shouting for their favorite. Finally they took a secret ballot and the lowest person which was Jon Bergall was removed. Then they took another ballot and Bob Alder was removed. That left only two and they took three ballots with them being dead even. Finally on the fourth ballot between the two somebody changed position and Warren Woodstuck ended up winning. He is the first person to win the local contest who wasn’t from Pigeon Falls but was just visiting. He received the traveling trophy, a special tee-shirt, a $50 gift certificate and a plaque.
    Rumor is that they really broke the tie by tossing a coin but Buddy East denies that. He says that everybody knows they wouldn’t lie about something like that. But then they are the Liar’s Club.
    Tommy UK is getting up his nerve to go and ask Mrs. Trumble if she used to be a movie star and if so why she gave it up.
    Nancy is spreading that rumor in the coffee shop as if it was the truth.


    20 Comments:

    Blogger VioletSky said...

    And people think I am strange for having a pet turtle. One who has lived for 24 years, no less.

    4:24 AM  
    Blogger Janets Planet said...

    Tommy UK should convince the owner of the local drive-in theatre to run a weeklong marathon of Maxim's movies. Then see how Mrs. Trumble reacts.

    Yay for Warren Woodstuck.

    5:14 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ha! I totally forgot about those kind of doors. The refrigerator! Have a great Tuesday...

    7:38 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I thought about showing my fridge doors, but there is nothing on them and no one wants to see the whole shelf full of yogurt.

    7:52 AM  
    Blogger Melli said...

    It is amazing the lengths at which dragons have to go these days in order to procreate...

    What is Alex's python's name? My son had a snake ... for a short time... AFTER he had moved out of my house. They (he & his girlfriend) called me up one Saturday right before Christmas and asked if Dad & I were going to be home that evening - THEY wanted to come show us something. I said yea... Dennis said it's probably an engagement ring. My eyes popped! I ran out to buy champagne! I downloaded Going To The Chapel ... I was READY for 'em!!! They walked in the door with a BOX... a shoe box. I said "That doesn't LOOK like an engagement ring!" THEY looked at me like I was NUTS and said "No Mom... It's a snake!" ... We named him Ringo!

    I think the liars need ONE more member ... or one fewer! Then such ties would not take place! Congrats to Warren Woodstuck! (however he came by that coveted award!)

    8:00 AM  
    Blogger Carletta said...

    "Two doors of a treasure box" - I like that!
    Great thinking for the doors theme.
    Now, care to share some of that Edys ice cream!

    8:15 AM  
    Blogger Shelly said...

    I chuckled when I saw your fridge doors.
    Snakes...ewww...I'm really trying to get over my extreme fear of them - but having one in the house as a pet would be too much for me.

    8:15 AM  
    Blogger Lori's Minute said...

    So that's where my pet mouse went....

    8:44 AM  
    Blogger Dragonstar said...

    Great doors Dr John! And such a sensible dragon going to a cool treasure cave to have her baby.

    8:53 AM  
    Blogger Christine said...

    I wonder if I have dragons lurking in my fridge. Sometimes food is missing..

    9:51 AM  
    Blogger Margaret said...

    I like you're fridge! We graduated to a side by side here in our new house. Hard to say if there is more room or not.

    Great original door pic too!

    10:30 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Snakes freak me out too! My boys would do anything for one but after they saw me almost faint when we saw snakes on our Oregon property I'm no longer sure.

    11:21 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, Dr. J., I do love your twin doors and your treasure chest. That is treasure, for sure. Thanks for the chuckle.

    12:58 PM  
    Blogger juliana said...

    well, that's a very important door! :)

    1:02 PM  
    Blogger Carver said...

    A stocked refrigerator is a treasure chest. Great idea. I'd have trouble with a snake as a pet.

    2:29 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Been a while since i've been able to stop by. I like the go kart picture. We absolutely love go karts. Does Miss Betty's Bible study group cover different topics or do they just go through the Bible?

    I am starting Romans 3. Romans 2 was a hard chapter for me. It wasn't hard to understand - it was just spiritually hard truth. I am so glad the Lord corrects us.

    5:03 PM  
    Blogger bettygram said...

    Betty answering question on bible study. We use a study from the national church body on the gospel text for the next sunday. We have been in Matthew.

    7:31 PM  
    Blogger Willow said...

    Those are doors ya gotta love. I'll have some of that ice cream that is in the freezer. Specially if it's chocolate. Snakes? Nope. No thank you. Not on your life. Never in a million years. Not in my house or my back yard. (Actually I might have one in my back yard. I live real close to the Santa Monica Mountains.)

    7:41 PM  
    Blogger Gattina said...

    I have a castle door you a fridge door, we need doors everywhere ! I had to laugh about your comment about my green elephants.
    I honnestly prefer my 5 cats to one Python, it must feel very cold in my bed ! (Maybe in summer ??)

    8:31 PM  
    Blogger Minkydo said...

    Very important doors :)

    9:51 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home