Friday, August 29, 2008

An Obituary

Link of the Day
Shamelessly Sassy

Saying for the Day:

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn

Picture of the Day:
I Was Born2Cree8's Bridges

The Days Wrap UP
The first bridge is the book end bridge not to be confused with the Brooklyn Bridge. It was created because my poor dragons were upset they hadn't gotten in any pictures this week. The bridge is a Lionel model railroad bridge from forty years ago. The next bridge is over a river that runs through Neenah. The last two pictures are of an old railroad bridge that is no longer used over the same river with still another bridge in the background.
Spent the day with the grandsons. Went to lunch at Perkins. Then Pennie, Betty, the boys and I went to the Houdini musem. The boys enjoyed it but I expected more than what they had. Then we went to Toys are Us to shop for Elijah's birthday. Coming home we played canasta. Betty and I against Patrick and Alex. Patrick and Alex won. Now I need a breathing treatment. Will visit linkls in the morning.
GBYA

***********************************************
An Obituary
I am heartbroken to report the death of an agent of change.
For a brief moment in time he lived upon the American political stage.
He promised only that the government would do what it was supposed to do.
He would be a man of compromise that could bring the nation together.
I am sad to report that Obama died on the campaign trail.
In his place has arisen the political Obama.
Proof of the death and replacement came in the recent Obama commercial.
The old Obama was against tax cuts. The political Obama promises bigger tax cuts than McCane.
Further where McCane sprays his tax cuts out and across the board the new Obama in a politically wise move targets the middle class. ( There are far more of them than the rich).
In the same commercial the new Obama promises limited offshore drilling. The old Obama had other ways to handle the oil crisis.
Because he really wants to be President Obama has surrendered and died. The new Obama may very well get more votes.
He promises more than McCane.
We Americans like our tax cuts.
But still I feel sad at the passing of one for whom truth and reality were more important than winning.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
Nancy is now trying to decide if she should share the information she has with Tommy UK. Mrs. Trumble could be Mary Maxim but why? There is no answer to that question. Why give up fame and fortune and come and live in Pigeon Falls?
.Yesterday Jon Bergall did his Liar’s Club story and here it is:
How many of you remember the story of Aladdin and the Magic Lamp. You know the one where he rubs the lamp and there is a puff of smoke and out comes a genie . I bet you all thought that was just a fairy story for children. Well I’m here to tell you today that it was more than a children’s story. Like many fairy tales it was based on a long lost truth.
You see there really was a magic lamp. But it wasn’t magic. No it was made out of a very rare material . Now when you rub this material it begins to get warm and when it is warm enough it opens a door to another dimension . Sometimes things come through that door and they have powers that nobody in our world has. That’s where the idea of magic carpets and genies came from.
You are perhaps wondering how I know this. Well my great Uncle Waldo Bergall, the archeologist, found such a lamp– in an ancient tomb. It did not take him long to discover that the lamp was a portal. I wish I had the time to tell you about his adventures with the portal but that’s a story for next year.
He might never have known that it was not the lamp but the metal that opened the portal but he broke the spout off the lamp. He was polishing it getting it ready to glue back on when the portal opened and he realized it was the metal not the lamp.
My great uncle then had belt buckles made for all the men in the family including my father. In the middle of each buckle he placed just a small piece of the metal so one could open the portal by rubbing the buckle.
My father decided a few years ago that he was too old to go running around in other dimensions and so he gave the belt to me.
As you can see I’m wearing it today. If you look closely at the buckle you can see in the center a little magic lantern.
(At this point Jon began to rub the buckle. Tiny wisps of smoke ot fog began to emerge. But then he stopped. )
It is too dangerous too open the portal with all of you people here. You can never tell what might come through. But you know it is true because you saw it start to open.
Jon got a 9.6.
This leaves the poor Liar’s club with a four way tie.
Is Mary Maxim really Mrs. Trumble? Should Nancy share the information? Who will win the Liar’s Club contest? How will they decide? Can you keep Nancy from sharing information> and of course is Tommy UK really the undertaker’s kid?

21 Comments:

Blogger Voegtli said...

Reading your obituary, I bow my head respectfully. Or should I? It is always like this with them. They only care about power. It would be interesting to make a study on all the promises the candidates make (anywhere in the world) and what they actually fulfill. I am sure, the result will be poor. We have experience in this.

4:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your picture of the day and the first bridge :)

5:03 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

I'd like to know which congressman Obama is going to convince to end the program (that isnt working) that favors the congressman's constituents. Same ol' same ol'

Seems to me if Nancy really wants to know if Mrs Trumble is Maxim she would tell Tommy UK. After all, Tommy seems pretty good at solving mysteries.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

UGH! My flabber is gasted! Of course, I think Bergall's story is worth a sOLid 9.9! BUT... how can you give a liar a high score for tellin' the TRUTH? Ummm... well... I mean - c'mon - he's GOT the smokin' BUCKLE! What more can you want?

I wonder if the death of Real Man Obama will end up in a song... you know... like the day the Music died?

6:57 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Oh... by the way! I LOVE the Dragon Book End Bridge! (gooooo dragons!) And the other bridges as well! The LAST one is quite the artsy shot!!!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I like the bridge with the dragons on it, it is clear they are much happier now that they have a bridge. I like the picture of the grandson and Maggie, too.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

Your dragons are lucky to have their own bridge. I bet it made them happier.

That's a brilliant story!

8:30 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

wow, you have built a genuine dragon bridge!
:)

9:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Too bad you didn't get a picture of Alaska's "bridge to nowhere". Oh wait, Gov. Palin, I mean VP to Mccain, killed it...

10:05 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Hi cute picture awww all Spanks does is sit on my lap and not let me get up. and maybe snore louder than my dad. Hope to see you tommrow.

TCOB

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for making me your link of the day!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Carletta said...

Politicians promise and promise. NO President can do anything if the congress doesn't support it. He can't do it on his own and how well has this arrangement been working so far.

Love the dragon bookend bridge - very clever. The others are good, but I like that one.
Hope you saw my railroad bridge last Wednesday.

12:11 PM  
Blogger LadyK said...

Hey there Dr. John!

Today, I have nominated your BLOG for the Brillante Weblog Award! Please stop by my blog to pick up your award, and then post it here for all to see, CONGRATS!

1:11 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

I certainly hope you are wrong about the death of the agent of change. I still have hope.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Carver said...

The dragon bookends bridge is great as are the other ones. You have been coming up with a good variety of bridges this week.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think John should win. He can really open the portal. How is that a lie?

I'm glad your dragons nagged you into letting them be in the bridge hunt. I like that picture!

7:07 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

Goodness me, more changes in the header. You seem to have a lot of spare time.

Yes, well winning is everything to a politician. Such a shame when principles go out the window. Sadly few notice the shifts, they are blinded by the rhetoric. Words are nothing but words, it's actions that count.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

My Mother used to say an honest man could never get elected to government. I doubt that anyone in politics could get elected if they actually told the truth about what they believed. We the people are so diverse that not enough of us would vote for one person, so they have to lie to try and get the majority vote. You can not promise everything to everyone. Well Clinton did it, didn't he...haha

9:20 PM  
Blogger Amber Star said...

I'm not getting sucked into those liars club stories :)

I'm just sick over the whole election thing...all of it. It used to be so exciting and wonderful. Now not so much at all.

Tell the dragons their bridge is number one and wins the dragon bridge prize for today. I do not mess with a dragon's feelings either. I don't know how to make a prize for them, however. They probably feel it in my heart.

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John, these are all FABULOUS bridges. I really like the top one, lol. My bridge, Melli's dragons, and there's even Quilly's reflection!! SOOO well done! Haha. One of my photos from the park has the bridge and reflection and I'm planning to go back and take my dragon so I can do one with all 3 too. You beat me to it. Well done!!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

I believe is rather difficult to know exactly who or what the real Obama is.

I'm just saying.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home