Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Me Again a Day Late

Link of the Day
Stuff in My Brain


Saying for the Day:
I think of life itself now as a wonderful play that I've written for myself, and so my purpose is to have the utmost fun playing my part. ~Shirley MacLaine

Picture of the Day:
Quilly's Just Reflecting
Dragon looking at reflection in computer disk
The Days Wrap UP
Another good day. In the morning I worked on the fair slide show for tomorrow then worked on another reflection shot.Betty went to Bible Study. In the afternoon it was back to the basement. we did a bit of nailing, a bit of sawing, and a lot of plasdtering. Little by little the layout is shaping up. Then I visited all my links and left lots of comments. I noticed the list needs to be upgraded so I'll do that tomorrow . Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
***********************************************
Another Krysti Meme...And I don’t even know who Krysti is since I took this from Melli.

1. What is the dumbest thing you have ever done with your cellphone?
Decided to use it.

2. Favorite sit down restaurant?
I-Hop –Such a variety of pancakes.

3. Bubble gum flavor of choice?
Without teeth gum is just a memory.

4. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I don't WANNA grow up! (and you can't MAKE me!)

5. The most excitement you had this week?
Brown County Fair and the Chicken barn

6. What do you usually order at Taco Bell?
On my list of places never to go to.

7. Have you ever sat all the way through Gone With the Wind?
Yes I have! More than a few times!

8. When was the last time you were up all night?
Ummmm... Eight years ago.

9. Where is your favorite place?
Wherever I am.

10. Do you ever think about the price of gasoline?
Makes me wish I had stock in an oil company.

11. Do you sleep with a fan on?
No

12. What is the best thing about winter?
It’s not hot.

13. How often do you hold back from saying what you are thinking?
Not often enough! I'm working on that! I'm getting BETTER at it too!

14. How many states have you been to?
Lots

15. Are you currently planning a trip?
Nope! I’m stuck here.

16. Who was the last person you read something out loud to?
Betty. She puts up with it.

17. Are you holding back anything?
Yep! And if I'm smart I'll ALWAYS hold something back!

18. Have you ever googled your name and found somebody?
Yep– A Finnish Pastor with the same name

19. Who's your number one on your top friends?
Top friends? I’m lucky to have one or two.

20. What makes you feel like you are young again?
Not much.

21. Do you ever type "kik" or ";p';" instead of "lol"?
Can't say that I have ever done that!

22. Do you know how to play chess?
Yep! And I’m not a bad player. I just let my grandson beat me. Really!

23. What's on your mind right now?
Should I go get the oxygen bottle or can I finish this meme without it.

24. Do you want to take something back that happened in the last week?
Nope... I think I've been good this week! Not kickin' myself for anything!

25. Plans for tonight?
Sleep... I hope!

26. Last place you were at?
Brown County Fair. Had some fair French Fries.

27. Last person you talked to on the phone?
Peter– Called to tell him we were on our way to the fair.

News from Pigeon Falls
-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
This has been one of the best tourist summers ever for Pigeon Falls. Partially this is due to the big promotional campaign run by the business association. They put big adds in the Chicago papers saying “ You won’t believe what you will see in Pigeon Falls– take the train and come on up.” Of course the articles on the dragons and the whale in the , National Enquirer didn’t hurt, particularly in the light of their outing John Edward’s affair and being the only paper to do it. Now they have status. Whatever the reason tourists are pouring into Pigeon Falls and they haven’t been disappointed.
This being old timer’s week the train is greeted by the Liar’s Club sixty five piece band. All three of the members have band uniforms from one hundred years ago. The old station office has been opened and dusted off and a calendar that says 1910 on it has been hung on the outside bulletin board. Timothy McCarthy , who has arranged this elaborate practical joke , greets them as the station manager. He looks at them and then says “ O! No you folks been caught in that stupid time warp and are back in 1910.” That’s when the band begins to play. People look astonished then terrified. Given the reputation and the stories of Pigeon Falls they believe they really have gone back. That’s when Tim says, “ I’m not sure we can get you back. The band marches off. The group from last week is still here. We were expecting the President, William H. Taft, today. I suppose he went forward. That will be a real shock in your time. There won’t even be a band to greet him.”
Then Tim gets this funny look on his face and says “ Do you feel that? I think it is a time wind. You may be in luck. It just might take you back. I hope it goes all the way.” There is a loud noise and a flash of light , all staged of course, and a Limousine shows up. The drivers says “ I hope you haven’t been waiting long we had to take this nut who thinks he’s President Taft to our local psychiatrist.”

16 Comments:

Blogger The Mumma said...

I like your reflective dragon. He's a great colour.

4:33 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

A great meme and one that I must put aside to borrow sometime! Maybe I'll be able to sneak online at work and do some up.

but I'll never know until I get to work. I have three minutes to get there. So off I go.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ohhhh LOOK at you and those kids! You have GOT their attention! I wonder what you were telling them!

Dragon is looking mighty closely at his reflection - he must be "reflecting" on his reflection...

ROFL! Krysti is my daughter! (you should KNOW that!) :) I-Hop is good! Blueberry pancakes... mmmm... and I wish I had stock in Exxon!

Oh! The shenanigans that go ON in Pigeon Falls! LOL! They are a fun bunch! So silly!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

A reflection dragon, not bad, lol ! and if you like winter move to Belgium we have it here the whole year with a lot of rain !

6:41 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Sounds like people from Chicago might be a bit gullible.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Carletta said...

Hello Dr. John,
Your pics today are wonderful.
You have the children spellbound!

I'm really liking how you are using photos of your dragon buddies for Quilly's reflection challenge.
First the tower and now the CD - clever.

9:24 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

it's certainly never boring in pigeon falls, is there!

the reflecting dragon is cool and it looks like the kids and you are getting along wonderfully.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to visit Pigeon Falls and have Tim play that joke on me! What fun!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I did not realize how much Pete and I sound alike on the phone.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kids look amazed...what are you telling them?

4:45 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

I love the fair. Where there any fun chickens in the Chicken Barn? Usually that is my favorite part of the fair! That, and the turkey races.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Yeah I asked Pete if you called him and said you did on your cell phone....whew....I am glad I was wrong and my voice does not sound like his...although he does have a nice voice!!!!

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea... reflection in the CD. Too cool, haha.


Alice at I Was Born2Cree8
Or Reflections on Ruby Tuesday

6:50 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Such cute pictures.. and the answers to that survey were fun..

Have a great day!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I smiled at your number 3. I am in the same situation. And for number 4, I fully agree with you. I don't want to grow up also, and sofar people have not succeeded to make me grow up.

10:09 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

That Shirley, she is quite the lady.
Another meme in your own inimitable style.

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home