Saturday, August 16, 2008

How to Vote?

Link of the Day
Iowa Grasslands

Saying for the Day:
The problem with political jokes is they get elected. ~Henry Cate, VII
Picture of the Day:
The Days Wrap UP :
Pennie's largest office dragon came to visit and Maggie thought it would be fun to chase it around the living room. All around the living room Maggie chased the dragon. Maggie thought it was all in fun . Pop went the dragon. You don't mess with office dragons.In the morning we took the old TV that no longer worked, the old computer, the old printer, and an old monitor to a one day only recycling center. Any other time we would have had to pay to get rid of the items. Then we went out to lunch. Pennie stopped afterward and bought me another dragon. It is too late for Melli's dragon hunt. Then I cut a disk with the Church Choir numbers for the last few months. It worked well on my computer but had problems on Betty's. Then I visited links. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
***************************************
You know I am confused as to which candidate to vote for this election.
My friends ( yes Virginia I have a friend or two) are trying very hard to help me.

My liberal friends have informed me about John McCane. They said
1. He is too old for the job.
2. He has no computer skills ( imagine a President with no computer skills it boggles the mind).
3. He is just four more years of George Bush ( they accompany this with a picture of him with his arm around the President.)
4. He has an illness he won’t tell us about and won’t make four years in office.
5. He won’t help the poor.
6. He played the race card.
7. He will spend so much on the military we will be bankrupt as a nation.

So I can’t vote for John McCane

My Conservative friends have told me about senator Obama. They said
1. He is a secret Moslem ( accompanied by a picture of him in traditional Arab clothing.)
2. He spent years listening to a hate spewing preacher.
3. His wife said hateful things in college.
4. He won’t wear a flag pin. ( He is unpatriotic)
5. He painted the flags off his plane. ( They were pretty too)
6. He played the race card.
7. His liberal programs are so expensive they will bankrupt us as a nation.

So I can’t vote for Obama

My friends must be correct because they really believe what they send me even the parts that make no sense.

So what do I do.

Perhaps I should wait and see who the Vice Presidential candidates are then I can vote for the ticket with the best Vice President on it.

News from Pigeon Falls
-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
Last night the five Pigeon Queen candidates were announced at the talent show. There was only one surprise. The five candidates are Melisa Stir ( Father is head of the Insurance Office) , Nancy Winkler ( Her dad owns Wink’s Woods, Virgina Farthing ( Father is Superintendent of the local Iron mine), Donna Maki ( Her dad owns a local real estate office), and Belinda Brown ( Child of a single parent mother and father is unknown). Nobody expected Belinda to make it to the top five. In fact some of the girls laughed at her for even allowing her name to be entered. She is definitely not part of what passes for society in Pigeon Falls. She doesn’t even have a formal dress for today. The dress she will be wearing her mother made for her.
The five candidates will visit with the judges this afternoon , one at a time. Then the judges will decide on the runner up and the winner. The winner and runner up will be announced at the last performance of the talent show tonight.
Other then the inclusion of Belinda in the top five Queen candidates there were no surprises at last night’s talent show. Mrs. Trumble did not fall and kill herself, Tammy and Tommy UK continued to be funny, The really sad singers had people crying again with a rendition of “ Father dear Father Come Home with me Now”. And all the other acts went without a hitch. It was as people said afterward the greatest talent show ever.

12 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

So did the really sad singers have Tommy UK crying at that song? Do any other of the residents of Pigeon Falls wonder if Tommy UK is really the undertaker's kid?

4:15 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

so messing with dragons doesn't pay off... perhaps you should find a dragon for president?

4:58 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

You pretty accurately summed up the political advertising as well as the dumb emails.

Millions of dollars wasted on advertising and flying around the country. Think what we could do with that money....feed the poor, house the homeless, pay off the national debt, buy me a new computer and make my house wireless, for example.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Oh I LOVE today's saying! LOL!

Ohhhhhh dear! POOR Maggie! I had NO idea Office Dragons were so persnickety! I thought they were more on the mischievous side themselves... I hope she recovers!

(I did not have excess dragons all along... I only found extra's on Wednesday... but they weren't the BEST ones, so they kept getting bumped!) :)

I can't believe Donna Maki made it in! SHE should be the surprise candidate! Isn't she the one who was caught under the bleachers last year with that Humbridge boy from the OTHER side of the tracks? She WAS! And then she got a little pudgy and then went to visit her aunt down south for a few months! WHAT are these people THINKING??? And not only that - but I've heard rumors that Nancy Winkler has a TATTOO! Where no one would EVER notice... Well... I probably shouldn't have said that... cuz it IS just a rumor... I'm sure...

5:37 AM  
Blogger Carver said...

I would never mess with an office dragon. Great post for the final day of the hunt. I've enjoyed your stories. You have an engaging writing style. I would tell you who to vote for but I'll restrain myself. Cheers, Carver

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm starting a write in vote campaign and voting for you.

7:08 AM  
Blogger maryt/theteach said...

Oh Dr. John, just vote for Obama!! Who could it hurt? Love your tuckered out dragon! :)

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though they are tiny, office dragons can be formidable. Maggie is lucky it just decided to sit on her. It could have tagged and filed her, torched her tail, or even run her through the shredder!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

I'm glad Maggie survived, the office dragon must have a kind heart under that fierce exterior.

I'm voting for Belinda!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

We once had a debate in high school about whether we would vote for the man or the party. It was pretty much split half-in-half. I decided I would vote for the man rather than the party.

One of those two men has an honest look in his eyes, and the other does not. And everyone can tell which one it is.

My choice would be the honest one.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Lanny said...

I think that Pigeon Falls should have a movie night. They should start with Blossoms in the Dust (1941) Directed by Mervyn LeRoy. With Greer Garson, Walter Pidgeon, Felix Bressart. It's a good movie and very relevant to there little burg. But they better put a box of tissues in every other seat.

And then perhaps How Green Was My Valley (1941) Directed by John Ford. With Walter Pidgeon, Maureen O'Hara, Anna Lee. Another good flick.

And the fact that one of the actors has a name that is similar to the town's has nothing to do with it. But Walter's name added to my incredibly poor spelling grades that's for sure.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Dr John ~ I will ask God to give you the Wisdom to know which one to vote for.

A Blessed Sunday is wished for you and Betty.

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home