Saturday, August 09, 2008

Link of the Day
The Blog


Saying for the Day:
Humility does not mean thinking less of yourself than of other people, nor does it mean having a low opinion of your own gifts. It means freedom from thinking about yourself at all. ~William Temple
Picture of the Day:

The Days Wrap UP :
I just finished the certificates for the winners of my last two contests. They and the prizes should be mailed out on Monday. That is pretty good for a procrastinator like me. I also made some slight changes to the logo.Then I made some potato bread ( garlic and potato bread actually) . It tasted great. My son called last night because I had the wrong date on the blog and he thought I hadn't blogged so I must be sick. He and his family are in Washington DC. Betty cleaned the living room carpet. She borrowed some kind of special steam cleaner from Pennie. Now I am going to visit some links then get a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*****************************

The Political Truth
( According to the Net)

Because I am retired and therefore have the time, I have involved myself in the study of the American political system as revealed by the internet. This is, as you would expect from me, an exhaustive study. I have read hundreds of political blogs. I have read all the political e-mail forwarded to me. Now I am ready with my first conclusions.
The American political system consists of three distinct groups, liberals, conservatives, and changlings. Each has distinct characteristics.

Liberals
(As seen by conservative blogs)

1. Are close to communists.
2. Always give aid and comfort to our enemies.
3. Are soft on crime.
4. Would like every woman to have at least one abortion.
5. Want big government with lots of laws.
6. Hate business
7. Want to tax more so the government can spend more
8. Hate the constitution
9. Want to treat illegal aliens like royalty
10. Are amoral
11. Want people to have the right to use drugs
12. Are anti military
13. Are in favor of all religions except Christian
14. Lie
15. Would take away our God given right to have a gun or two
16. Want free speech as long as it agrees with them
17. All Democrats are liberals

Conservatives
( As seen by liberal blogs)

1. Hate the poor
2. Have no compassion
3. Are at heart fascists
4. Would limit health care to the rich
5. Want small government with few laws
6. Want business to regulate itself
7. Cause large government deficits
8. Hate the constitution
9. Want the right to torture people
10. Talk morality but do immoral things
11. Pretend to be Christian to get votes
12. Are always leading us into war
13. Would jail all drug users
14. Lie
15. Would have everybody carry a gun to solve the crime problem
16. Want free speech as long as it agrees with them
17. All Republicans are conservatives

Changlings
( As seen by Conservative and Liberal Blogs)

1. Are not very smart
2. Vote their gut and not their brain
3. Are easily swayed by the evil ones
4. Wouldn’t know the truth if it kicked them in the backside
5. Are the largest group of voters
6. Change allegiance from election to election
7. Only care about themselves
8. Live in fear that is exploited by the other side
9. Believe in but never read the Constitution
10. Drink a lot but are anti drugs
11. Love the flag
12. Would vote for any great quarterback running for office
13. Want lower taxes
14. Believe in morality
15. Likes to hunt with a gun
16. Couldn’t care less about free speech

These are the preliminary findings of my research.
Would Conservative and Liberal blogs lie?

News from Pigeon Falls
-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
Fred Varna wants to be paid more for weeping the town street during August. He says that with all the visitors because of Pigeon Days the amount of liter increases dramatically. Fred sweeps every night that there is no festival and in the mornings after a festival. He has given the Town Council an ultimatum. They can either pay him double for August or he quits.
The Town Council met and debated the issue. Their first inclination was to let him quit. But then Mrs. Trumble reminded them that nobody else wants the job even at double his pay. They could let him go and then the street would fill up with litter . That would be followed by mice and rats in the street. Not the image they want for Pigeon Falls Days. So the Council gave in and raised his pay.
The Methodist ladies group voted not to meet until the Bishop comes. By then Mrs. Smith says she will have found that place in the Bible that says change is bad. At least some good is coming out of the squabble Mrs. Smith is reading her Bible.
Our whale continues to appear and disappear in the Lake of the Loons. Since it comes every day at about the same time it is now a regular part of the Pigeon Days tour. The tour includes seeing the whale, going to the museum and seeing the White Rabbit, and if everything goes right the dragons in the evening.
Kivi&Maki are selling t-shirts with I took the Tour on the Front and a whale , rabbit, and dragon on the back. That should be a conversation starter in the tourists home town. Of course, no one will believe that the tourist really saw those things alive. It must be that Pigeon Falls is sort of Disneyland North.
Our two sets of twins are doing fine.

10 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Fred Varna needs to come out east and get a job sweeping. Really need it here.

4:42 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

You saved me a lot of time reading all those blogs and summarizing them. Thanks. I believe every word you wrote in the summaries.

Sheeesh, you'd think people could think more kindly of each other.

I remember learning something about "rhetoric" in high school and how people can't talk to one another because their basic assumptions are like on different planets.

If you've read any of the conservative "Christian" blogs, esp the conservative "Lutheran" blogs, you'll find the same type of hype about the rest of the people who call themselves Christian. There is all sorts of intense drivel about people being tools of the devil and leading others astray.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

But wait a minute here... what to the Changlings have to say about the Conservative Republicans and the Liberal Democrats??? Somebody is NOT being represented here! You better keep researching!

I'm glad the Town Council came to their senses... without Fred Varna Pigeon Falls would become a little Italy!

I'm praying for the Bishop! I hope he is a STRONG man!

How did Tammy take the news that Tommy was in on the whole white rabbit thing? Are they still speaking?

(my 1000th post today is dedicated to YOU!)

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a sit here listening to CNN and reading all this, I have to say politics scare me. All the swirling around of information is seriously making my skin crawl. Thanks for listing this information.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I don't think I've won any prizes but you'll have to get my new mailing address for we have moved.

It's terrible how un-united we are in politics. Many issues I believe should be kept and considered at a smaller state, county or community level.

Our elected Senators and representatives on Capital Hill should be just that. Representative of the desires of the people from the smaller state/population centers.

When it comes to the big guys - like Obama and McCain for instance. I'd much rather them focus on the United larger issues that we all are in agreement on like fuel prices, the economy and international relations.

All this bickering Red vs. Blue stuff scares me away.

9:49 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

One of the best classes I had in high school taught me to analyze various types of advertising and political speech to see what they were saying and see through what they were saying. That seems to be sorely lacking in our education system, given that we are supposed to be a democracy. Not to mention that the math classes don't seem to teach people about credit, percentages, and mortgage entanglements, which ARE math.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahahahahahahahah You are such a crack up. Of course, this is totally true - thanks for sharing.

I love this quote too! :)

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for clearing things up! I feel so much better now!

1:10 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

So all Americans are concerned with guns, one way or another? Too sad.

Another good saying for the day.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Lanny said...

Well, this American would like to see her livestock make it to another day. So, yah I guess that sinks it, I'm a changeling, but I would prefer to be called a waffle, yum.

Dirt is pulling for Mrs. Smith, hoping that she will find the object of her quest and that it will apply to just about everything, except dinner.

I have been particularly enjoying all of your "link of the day"s. Thank you for that and thank you for putting mine up there too, I feel honored.

I hope you like your clean carpet. If I lived close I would give your Betty mine, my carpet cleaner not my Bettikins. My asthma is better already.

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home