Monday, August 04, 2008

Step into my Mind

Link of the Day
Ordovicius

Saying for the Day:
Sure you can psychoanalyze me! But as Baehr used to say, why bother to sort garbage? ~Martin H. Fischer

Picture of the Day:

The Days Wrap UP :
Been away from the computer most of the day so this is my first chance for a wrap up. Melli thinks I am pushing to turn her Friday thing into a meme but it works out well for me. Thank you to those who have now saved me the expense of seeing a psychologist with your excellent diagnostic powers.( Of course my daughter will continue to call attention to my little
Idiosyncrasies .) I did a little reading ( finished the book) . I will start a new one tomorrow. I told the magearth elf tale to the duck on the refrigeratoras my dragon won't listen any more.Betty and I finally got to the basement and spent the afternoon cutting up boxes and bundling them for recycling . We have pledged to put in at least two hours every day this week. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
************************
News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. It is the first week of Pigeon Days. The Grand Opening of the museum is now set for Wednesday at 9:00. For the last few days everything has stayed in it’s proper place so our ghosts seem to have given up. One of the workers who came back to the house late one night to get a tool he left swears he saw a monk going up the stairs and entering the Petrovich room. But the house never had any monks and the guy didn’t stick around to check it out. Petrovich says it could be the ghost of the Great Seer Alexis Grengicoff protecting his own. Eino says that it could be the worker drinks too much.
Mrs. Trumble and Tommy UK have called for people to gather at the gazebo tomorrow for a very important announcement concerning the big White Rabbit.
Petrovich has translated and posted this driblet on the town hall bulletin board.
Driblet Number Eleven
I see them.
I see them everywhere.
Big and little.
They come to eat.
They eat the plants.
The people will starve.
The town will die.
There is no hope.
Bug after bug after bug after bug after bug after bug.
They come like an evil munching army.
The people are doomed.
It is so black.
There is no hope,
Bugs everywhere.
The town is destroyed.
No! Wait! I hear the sound of wings. Thousands of wings.
The birds are coming.
Hungry birds.
They eat the bugs.
They eat all the bugs.
The town is saved.
They are so happy.
They build a statue.
A bird statue.
I awaken feeling good.

Eino pointed out that other towns have been saved by birds like Salt Lake City.
********

The following two sort of memes I took from Melli’s blog. She is just a meme gold mine.

They open up my hidden psyche to you amateur psychologists.

This first came with a whole set of rules but the only one that applies to stolen memes is this.
3) Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about myself.
( Disclaimer– everything about me is quirky and boring)

1. I drink pop in the morning.
2. Even seeing a tomato makes me feel sick. ( how unspectacular can I get)
3. I blog at 5:00 in the morning. ( Really a boring time)
4. My bathtub has a door ( Come on that’s weird)
5. I have a pile of old computer CDs that I will never use again.( But I save them)
6. I have three dragons and a monkey sitting on my computer.( I know everybody has dragons but the monkey is weird)
7. I give more answers than I have too. ( Why that's almost spectacular)
8. I eat ham and jam sandwiches ( But then doesn't everybody so perhaps that's not weird)

Then there is this fill in the blank meme adjusted for Monday. My answers in light black.

1. If I could travel back in time, I’d visit my grandmother and gather family stories now long lost.

2. Give me a burger or give me a hot dog. ( Proper fixins , of course)

3. I am listening to the sound of a train whistle in the early morning.

4. Somewhere, someone is thinking what is wrong with John now?

5. I'll always be old.

6. My idea of a good time includes leaving the house or my grandkids visiting.

7. And as for the week , tonight "Bones" tomorrow "NCIS " and Wednesday "Criminal Minds."

There you have it. Now my amateur Freuds look into my open brain and tell me what you see.

18 Comments:

Blogger Dragonstar said...

Yes, the monkey is weird!

3:16 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I'm thinking you are REALLY desperate to turn Friday Fill-Ins into a Monday Meme... but MOM is coveting your bathtub... and last night so was I!!! And if you think Ham & Jam is weird... my hubby eats *shiver* Peanutbutter, butter, mustard & Cheese sammiches! And his MOTHER used to MAKE them for him! This is what's wrong with the world today, I'm tellin' ya!

And I'll tell ya something else!... I am terrified for Mrs. Trumble or Tommy UK's LIFE. I just know SOMEthing is going to happen to keep that announcement from going forth! And it's just sad that Petrovich had to waste so much time on a driblet that's already come to pass... so long ago... OR has it?

4:29 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

I always thought that ghosts tended to hang around the place where they died. So did Grengicoff die in Pigeon Falls-- err-- Potato Grove?

5:53 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

My computer's pet is a gecko.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ham and jam and pop, wow I bet you're difficult to cook for..he-he.

8:10 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

I laughed so hard at the monkey
thing. My idea of a good time is going to your house so i guess that works out well.

8:30 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

i have a spider on my computer.
but ham and jam? you americans eat the weirdest things (but scottish deep fried mars bar probably beats this one)

9:32 AM  
Blogger KathyB. said...

Ham and home made yellow plum jam are very good, what kind of jam do you eat with your ham ?

We watch the same shows ! I tell ya, the season they had Jethro retire we said that's it ! If Jethro is really retired, we're not watching this show any more. Gotta have principles....Oh, and Abby too, we gotta have Abby on NCIS !

KathyB.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Dr. John, you must have some French blood in you. Of COURSE ham and jam sandwiches are good! The French eat ham and jelly. It's delicious. And pate and jelly, of course! There's nothing odd about that at all.

The monkey, however....

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I look into your brain, among the gunk and goo and sticky stuff, I see a rock statue of a man who seems to be missing the toes from one foot, a pink sweater covered in motor oil and rabbit fur, saffron bun crumbs, that the receptor on the "names" archive of your memory receptors seems to be stuck on the name Tommy, and the brilliant glow of the glory of God -- which makes it difficult to make out much of anything else.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

I think you are a complex person, with complex ideas. You are comfortable with yourself, and a born leader, and healer of the spirit. You live to go at your own pace, and enjoy the simple things in life.

~Hows that for armchair psychology?

1:51 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

that is an excellent way of getting something done, just dedicate two hours a day to it, till it is finished......unless it is like this house, and everyone makes more than two hours worth of clutter each day, so that I go an hour behind each day......haha

I like your quotes........made me chuckle...

6:12 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Hi, Dr. John,
In looking over the list of answers, I'll add that I love tomatoes and have three plants on the sunny side of my house that are already very "bountiful."
Hope things are going well for your and Betty up in the cool north.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Yeah, my dragon stopped talking to me when I took away fun things for him to burn....like when we replaced the wood burning fireplace with a gas one.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

If you have THAT many boxes, maybe you should just ... oh never mind... we're going GREEN! You've got THAT many boxes???

7:54 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Ham and jam sandwiches? Ive never tried it but it sounds interesting. My girls love turkey and cranberry sauce on a bun. It sort of sounds the same to me. I haven't tried that either. I like my turkey sandwich with stuffing.
The rose in the picture is beautiful. I think I can smell the fragrance too.

8:45 PM  
Blogger MaR said...

Try cheese and jam...much better :)
Loved your pic of the day too!

12:50 AM  
Blogger Alastair said...

love the meme, might have to pinch another from Melli! This time I will have to mention it in her comments, or she'll come around and tell me off like she did last time....

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home