More Usless Facts?
Saying for the day: Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold. ~Leo Tolstoy
The internet is just filled with cool “ facts”.
You can use them to astonish your friends.
So every Saturday I bring you fifteen more “internet facts”.
One is a “true fact”. That is I have verified it.
The other fourteen I made up this morning.
Can you spot the “ true fact”
Last week it was too easy as almost everybody got the fact that parts of the Bible have been translated into Klingon which was number 8.
Here are todays facts:
1. There are thirty five towns named Church in the United States.
2. The oldest town named Church is in Maine.
3. Church, Idaho was named after Walter Church who was an atheist.
4.. The only state with two towns named Church is Alaska.
5. It is against federal law for a state to have more than one town with the same name.
6. Liberal , South Dakota is just across the border from Conservative, Nebraska.
7. There are two American towns named Stress.
8. Stress, Wyoming was named after the Stress Deadbolt Company . Its biggest employer.
9. Roughouse, Nevada got its name from the days of drunken gold miners.
10. Ishpeming, Michigan is an Indian name meaning “ Where birds fly”.
11. Nowhere, Michigan is not far from Hell.
12. Yard , Texas was so named because of a customer’s request for a yard of cloth in a local store.
13. The town of Carp Creek, Texas is not near any creeks or rivers.
14. There are thirty seven American towns named Paradise but only one named Hell.
15. Crackers, Ohio was named for the fireworks plant and not the food.
There they are fifteen internet facts. You can now tell them to your friends and say you saw it on the internet. One is for sure true . The others could be because I make up great stuff. Put your guess as to the correct one in the comments. Answer tomorrow if I remember.
News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Some one suggested the Pigeon Falls dragons feel neglected as the crowds to view them have dwindled in the past few days. So last night they put on a a performance that will make all those who missed it sorry. It started with the smallest of the young dragons flying higher than usual. Then breathing fire it tumbled toward the earth making rings of fire in the sky. It pulled out of its dive just before crashing into main street. One spectator said it reminded him of a passenger pigeon. This was followed by the other young dragon doing the same thing. Then they went back to the end of the street , flew high and did the tumbling together. It was unbelievable.
Everyone coming into Nancy’s today was talking about it. The few that saw it were telling how fantastic it was and the rest were wishing they had been there. With every telling the dragons went higher and the turns got fancier. There is nothing like a good story , told and retold, to grow on its own. One lady said that she heard that they almost set the Masonic Building on fire. Which, of course, is just not true.
Buddy East announced that the winner or winners of the Liar’s Club writers contest would be announced on Tuesday. By then he should have the plaque done. He does want to thank all the writers and all of this years judges .
Tommy UK and Tammy are still not speaking. This White Rabbit business is putting a real strain on their friendship.
Tommy UK’s uncle says that the State Police ended up with the same result on the fingerprint of the FBI man as Eino got on the Passport fingerprint. They were told the information was highly classified.
Today's Link-The Squamata Report-
In the morning I made another loaf of banana bread. It turned out very well. I almost have the recipe down just a little more fine tuning. In the afternoon I worked on the plaque for the winner of the writer's contest. Betty and Pennie went to Barnes and Noble and got some books. I visited all my links. Now I need a breathing treatment.
Some Time Ago in Crystal