Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Real Real Real Facts

Saying for the Day:
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. ~Confucius
Picture of the Day:
The Days Wrap UP :
I started the day with a nice cup of coco in a Janvangogh cup. A perfect way to start the day. You can win a cup by clicking the cup on the left hand side and leaving a comment on her blog. I have to confess Betty and I spent most of the day playing a very addictive computer game called Jewel Quest II.We got mno work done. We visited no blogs. But then we are retired so once in a while it is okay. Quilly had the right answer including the name of the person buried there.Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

***************************************

News from Pigeon Falls
-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
Things got a little weird at the museum yesterday. A lady was looking at some things displayed in a glass cabinet when the White Rabbit gave her a swat on the behind. Nobody could figure out why the machine moved. It was set just to wink. Then they couldn’t find the control which ended up being locked in the bottom drawer of the ticket counter. Even if they had had the control it can’t be programmed to slap only wave. It is a bit of a mystery.
Nancy says that some people think Mrs. Trumble should resign as Mayor because of her part in the White Rabbit nonsense. According to them the Mayor should be above such practical jokes. Of course, she wasn’t Mayor when she and Tommy UK started the White Rabbit thing. She only became Mayor because nobody else wanted the job. How soon they forget that Tommy UK was mayor because no adult would touch the job. Then there are those who think Mrs. Trumble should get a medal because the White Rabbit was good for the town.
**********************************
Real Real Real Facts
It is time for the internet contest that is not taking America by storm. The contest in which the priceless prize from the last episode has yet to be shipped.
That’s right it’s time for find the true fact contest.
I list fifteen “ internet facts’.
You pick out the one that is verifiably true.
The first one to leave a comment with the “true fact” wins a priceless prize. ( It might even be mailed out before the next contest)
Fourteen of the facts I made up this morning.
They might be true.
I am good at making up facts.
Here is the list:

1. Outside of the United States the largest software producing country is Japan.

2. If you could travel at the speed of light it would only take 6 minutes to get to Pluto. ( That’s the planet not the Disney character)

3. In Neenah , Wisonsin it is against the law to sell pencils door to door without a licensee.

4. According to British legend two of King Arthur’s knights died fighting a dragon.

5. At least one American is buried on the moon. ( In a crater)

6. The term “getting high” was coined by Alexander Heilman who felt that smoking pot was a mountain top experience.

7. Copper mining techniques used in Calumet came from China viva England.

8. The highest point in Colorado is lower than the lowest point in Pennsylvania.

9. In every Monk episode there are two glasses on the chief’s desk that Monk always straightens. It is a running joke.

10. The name of the plane in which Buddy Holly dies was “ The American Pie”

11. In Green Bay Wisconsin you need a hunting licensee to catch mice.

12. The tiny mosquito can drink more than an ounce of blood in its lifetime.

13. The Belgium miniature brown bear is the only bear whose bite is poisonous but it is so cute.

14. After his death the movie star Tom Mix was played on the radio by Gene Autry who had not yet become a star in his own right.

15. The term “getting fired” derives from the act of burning people at the stake.

There they are. Fifteen wonderful “ facts”. Tell your friends you read them on the internet.
Pick the one that is verifiable and win a priceless prize. Good luck.

15 Comments:

Blogger LoieJ said...

I'm guessing #3 because my daughter has done door to door sales in three different places in the last three years and she had to buy a license.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

According to today's saying, I must be one of the most knowledgeable people on the planet! YAY!

You know... in a small town, everyone has to have an opinion! (of course, everyone in a large town has an opinion too ... they just don't share it with one another!)

Well, at least this week I can pick out a few facts that are definitely FALSE! That narrows my choices some... LOL! NOT being a tv watcher I have NO idea what Monk is even about... but it seems like probably other's would pick that one out easily if it were true. So I'm going to ignore it even though it sounds likely! I'm thinking the license things are true SOMEwhere - but you're throwing us off with the places - cuz you're LIKE that! I'm thinking if an American were buried on the moon I would have heard it somewhere ELSE first... I dunno... I'm torn between mosquito's and getting fired! LOL! I'll go with... #15!

... I need to get a life...

6:52 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

So Tommy UK & Mrs. Trumble have created a monster. Tommy will have to change his name to Igor and Mrs. Trumble to Dr. Frankenstein.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Lanny said...

I know I have given several pints o' blood to the pesky little buggers in my lifetime does that count? But I am never sure of my answers and I hate looking gullible, being the blonde youngest sister of six.

Although you could have said the mouse thing about Washington State and I would have believed it, darn bunch of vermin huggers we've turned into.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I think it is #12, those pesky Critters seem to be able to sit and drink as much blood as they want. Provided they are not sent to their maker first.

A Blessed Day is wished for you and Betty.

11:42 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Since I know you are a Monk fan, I'm guessing #9. I hope #15 isn't right, because I think it will soon be my fate to be fired, and I don't like the sound of that.

That is one funny bunny... no wonder he winks.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Alastair said...

I'll go with the Monk thing too, number 9 for me please Dr John...

Only because I've only ever seen about one episode of Monk, and that was some time ago....

12:33 PM  
Blogger KathyB. said...

O.K. I am probably wrong..but I have never heard of a miniature Belgium brown bear...and if there is one ...a poisonous bite ?

I can well believe we're going to need licenses to kill mice, that is why it is so nice to have Miss Marple here at our place...." but your Honor ? It was my cat ! And she can't help herself. She has this mouse addiction and there are no self-help groups or clinics set up for mouse addiction (yet).

As Lanny said, in Washington it is ridiculous ...a bunch of Varmint Huggers. But then , some people have White Rabbits to hug.KathyB.

1:17 PM  
Blogger KathyB. said...

changed my mind...are we allowed to do that ? I am thinking it is # 15. That sounds about right. But hey, I am always open to finding out there are miniature cute bears with poisonous bites ! KathyB.

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Born in Los Angeles, educated at Princeton, killed in a car accident in Australia -- the remains of Dr. Eugene Merle Shoemaker are buried on the moon. His ashes were taken to the moon by the Lunar Prospector space probe in 1998. The probe was deliberately crashed in 1999, making Shoemaker the first person buried on the moon. This honor was granted because Shoemaker was originally chosen to be the first man on the moon, but was medically grounded due to problems with his adrenal gland.

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found nothing anywhere that said anything about the remains being in a crater -- though they likely would be because the crash would cause one -- so I still don't know that I have found the TRUE statement.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I'm going to go with #2 and I'm sure it's verifiable by being on the law books.

I grew up in such a place where blue laws were very common but rarely enforced. Selling pencils, crayons and paper on a Sunday was illegal in any store.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

I keep on forgetting to thank you for mentioning the mug giveaway.

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One summer Jewel Quest sucked away all my free time. I was so addicted it was ridiculous! Thanks for reminding me....I'm scared now.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Me again! I found a Peanuts Cartoon with Snoopy done in Finnish and thought of you!

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home