Friday, August 22, 2008

Empty head

Link of the Day
Stuff in My Brain

Saying for the Day:
My mind contains many good ideas, but it's not always easy to squeeze one out. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Picture of the Day:

Quilly's Just Reflecting

The Days Wrap UP
Not a bad day. In the morning I bloged.Then I read. After lunch wew went to the basement and nailed and plastered until we ran out of plaster cloth. We will go and get some more tomorrow. My sister Dawn called to tell me my sister Chris called her. Then I visited all my links or most of them. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
***********************************************
News from Pigeon Falls

-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
They had to take Bruce Curman to the hospital in Iron Mountain yesterday. He tried to carry his wife in the spouse carrying contest and something went in his back. He just couldn’t straighten up. Mrs. Curman really needs to go on a diet but she pestered him until he agreed to try. He was doing well until he got to the part where he had to climb the little ladder over the small fence. When he tried to turn on the top whatever it was gave way and they both ended up on the air mattress designed to catch those who fell. Then he couldn’t get up. There are some people who just shouldn’t run in some races.
The winner of the race was Charles M. Geiser from Hidden Park, Georgia. His wife was one of those skinny little things that you can hardly see. They should have made him carry a couple of flour sacks as well or perhaps some bags of potatoes to make things equal.
The event itself was very popular it had forty entries this year. Of the forty thirty six finished the race. For one couple it may be the end of th marriage as the wife is convinced he dropped her in the muddle puddle near the end on purpose.
The Pigeon calling contest was also held yesterday but there was no winner. The pigeons come close but never close enough. Too bad because the prize is so high.
The first of this year’s Liars Club finalists will do his story this afternoon. These are usually such good stories there is sure to be a large crowd at the gazebo.

Empty Head

You probably noticed that News from Pigeon Falls came before my deep thoughts today. If you are very perceptive you guessed that the reason was that I had nothing to say today. This is very sad indeed.
You see last night I had twenty seven great ideas for a blog and one terrific story. Well, maybe only seventeen of them were great. But I think I was ready to solve some of the world’s problems , give some guidance for the election, and confound the scientific community with a new discovery. I am fairly sure the story would have been my greatest Elf Tale ever.
But this morning they were all gone. My head was empty. My mind was blank. First I though they spilled out during the night so I looked in the bed and on the floor but they weren’t there. I even checked the bathroom but no luck. My head was empty and the ideas were gone.
Then it occurred to me they were probably sucked out by my breathing machine and they are somewhere in the hose that attaches my face mask to the machine. So I shook it and shook it but they didn’t come out. I am fairly certain they are in there . When the man comes to check the machine in six months he’ll ask if I knew the hose was partly clogged by bad ideas. You see by then they will be moldy and corrupted.
Please come back tomorrow. Tonight I have a little book by the bed to write the ideas down so I will have at least one tomorrow, as long as I don’t lose the book.

13 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Bruce Curman is a saint.

BTW, does the man who comes to check your machine where a green suit?

3:51 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

WOW! I LOVE your photo of the day! You've been having fun! By the way... have your eyes suddenly gone bad? Well... it only makes sense I guess... if your head has gone empty then you might be squinting on the inside trying to find those ideas... I'm so sorry... we could start a list here if you like... you could tell us about

1.) The time you ALMOST won the hot dog eating contest and if it wasn't for having to take a break for the Heimlich maneuver you WOULD have... or

2.) The time Great Aunt Marion came to town and brought her pet scorpion. (remember? it got loose in the house and was found in the guinea pig pen!)... or

3.) You could research and do an essay on the 25 most popular flavors of snow cones... or...

Well... I'll let some of your other friends offer up some suggestions too.

I wasn't going to SAY anything ... but I think Mrs. Curman MIGHT be pregnant. I think she's in denial though... I'll BE there for the Liars Club story this afternoon! I'm lookin' forward to that!!! I'm packin' lunch so I get a good spot early!

5:41 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Oooh, I hate when those grand ideas manage to escape us when we need them the most.

I hope some sneak in and stay in my brain today while at work so I can blog tonight!

5:46 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

I think some of these ideas drop in just to tease us, then run away again - like little boys ringing doorbells!

I love, absolutely LOVE your picture of the day!!! How did you do that?

7:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, just give your head a little rest. Then it will fill up again. I'm feeling a little empty today too. I had a couple of ideas running around my head but I guess they got lost.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Hey, I think I found would could be your missing elf tale in with my missing socks but I just donated it to Goodwill so perhaps you could find it there?

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if they sell brain squeezers to get the ideas out? I need one.

10:21 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

an empty head now and again is no big deal... i'm sure your head will be teeming with ideas in no time... you might even be visited by a small man in green...

oh, btw, great reflections!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really nice reflections! Very interesting..

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A whole week of "reflecting" and you are idea free. It is simply scandalous!

I was going to tell you to get a little notebook for beside your bed. I keep one by mine. I sometimes wake and fumble throught the dark for pad and pen, then scribble great ideas in it. In the morning I grab the pad, sift through the pages and find words written in a language I do not speak. I think I may need a pen with a little light ....

11:07 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Sorry to hear that your ideas you had in the night left you blank this morning. It happens to all of us, I will think of something I want to make a post of and in the morning when I get up the Idea is but a Forgotten Memory.

A Blessed Day is wished for you and Betty.

12:59 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

I know I could have won the pigeon calling contest.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Empty heads happen to everybody, from time to time. And to me more often. There is a soft alcoholic drink which I enjoy very much and generally drink it on Sundays. Two days ago I told my wife that I have run out and need to go and buy a bottle. I did and came home to find out that I had a full bottle. Yesterday I also bought a little book to note things down. And, as you, I hope I will not lose it.

Thank you for your comment on my memoirs. Indeed, I am not a very religious person but I know there is God. And you are right. What happened in my life must be His doing.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home