Monday, September 01, 2008

Monday is ME

Link of the Day
Icy's Playground

Saying for the Day:
A neurotic is a man who builds a castle in the air. A psychotic is the man who lives in it. A psychiatrist is the man who collects the rent. ~Jerome Lawrence
Picture of the Day:
Doors a Meme by Jientje
























  • The Days Wrap UP
    The picture has an upper and a lower door. They are on United Lutheran of Crystal Falls.
    My thanks to Betty, Alex, and Bree each of which wrote one of the four final stories in the Liar's Club finals.
    Did a deep virus scan in the morning which tied up my computer for two hours. I watched reruns of the Closer. In the afternoon we played two games of three handed canasta. For a change I won. Then I visited all my links and started looking at doors. Now I need a breathing treatment.
    GBYA
    ***********************************************
    Monday is ME
    Here are twelve words starting with Y that tell you something about me:
    1. Yarn– I love to hear or tell a good yarn.
    2. Yarn– Not the same word. This is from my latchet hook period when I used skeins of Aunt Lydia’s old rug yarn to make Christmas gifts for relatives.
    3. Young– Something I used to be. I think.
    4. Yesterday– when I was young.
    5. Yearn– I yearn for the good old days that never were.
    6. Yell– My grandkids learned this last week I can still yell but not as loud.
    7. Yogurt– I have just learned to like yogurt.
    8. Yeast– The stuff that doesn’t always work in bread making but I use it.
    9. Yoda– One of my favorite Star Wars characters.
    10. Yard– I like to keep ours looking nice but now I have to hire somebody to do it.
    11. Yawn– Something I will be doing all day today because I didn’t sleep well last night.
    12. Yay– What I say when I finish a list like this

    Now for a closer look into my mind this meme from Melli.

    1. When I'm sick I'm not fun to be around.
    2. When I take a walk, I think about falling.
    3. Money can't buy happiness but it can buy lots of model trains.
    4. Cotton makes me itchy and leather makes me think of new cars.

    5. The strangest person/character I've had lewd thoughts about was - Princess Ozma of OZ
    6. My favorite color these days is green because I’ve always liked green.

    7. And as for , tonightI’m looking forward to some sleep with n o grandkids to interrupt it, tomorrow my plans include being back on my computer and Wednesday, I want to work on the layout.

    News from Pigeon Falls
    The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
    Here are the four final Liar’s Club stories each using the ten words.

    Bob Alder’s story:
    Sandy walked slowly sucking on a popsicle stick and kicking the falling leaves. She was dreaming of going to Jamaica and eating caviar when the grizzly bear suddenly appeared. Instead of running she leaped at him feeling she was invincible. A feeling caused when she was working on the fusion reactor which exploded when the two-year-old laptop failed and the reactor exploded. Her delivery of the punch was right on and the grizzly fell to the ground stunned giving her time to get away.

    Ailli Sorry’s story:
    It was all because of the two-year-old .That’s what we called the mutant grizzly bear that lived with us at the research lab in Jamaica. Despite being very little he considered himself to be almost invincible and very smart. He wasn’t.either. Thinking that laptop that kept the fusion reactor safe was a phone he pulled it out. At the time he was chewing on a popsicle stick and eating caviar. That bear loved caviar. Wit no laptop that reactor exploded fusing Charlie into a popsicle stick with a caviar flavor and sending him , special delivery, through a hole in the ceiling. There the falling leaves buried him. Thus ending our mutant bear and our time in Jamaica.

    Warren Woodstuck’s story:
    It was the time of falling leaves in Jamaica. Our incredible, invincible two-year-old was playing fusion with the grizzly bear again. This time it looked like the grizzly bear was winning. That’s when the doorbell rang and there stood the delivery boy eating caviar on a popsicle stick, we don’t know why, but he had the long awaited laptop. The two-year-old jumped for joy. But the grizzly bear just growled because he knew they would never finish the game.

    Jon Bergall’s story:
    Falling leaves much to be desired he thought as he fell slowly from the top of the tallest building in Jamaica. His life flashed before his eyes or rather his almost deaths. There was the battle with the grizzly bear when the two-year-old opened the cage door.. Then the accident with the defective laptop that burned down the house. That was followed by the attempt by a former wife to poison him with a popsicle stick, not an accident that. Then infected caviar had hospitalized him but he survived. He even survived the delivery of a class two bomb but his front porch didn’t. Finally his survival of the accident with the fusion reactor convinced him he was invincible. But now the fast approaching sidewalk might be about to prove him wrong.


    17 Comments:

    Blogger Russell said...

    My goodness!! What great stories those four people came up with - using those 10 words!!! I vote for Bob's as it is really to the point and so, so good! But the others were most creative, too!!

    Josie told me about your Pigeon Falls stories, so I had to check them out. How did I miss them earlier??!

    Very good!! I enjoyed the pictures of you and your wife, too, from your wedding. Congratulations!!

    Take care.

    5:48 AM  
    Blogger Gattina said...

    That's the second church door I see and soooo different from those in Europe ! I also went door hunting on saturday and sunday !

    5:55 AM  
    Blogger Carver said...

    Those are beautiful church doors. I love your saying of the day and as always enjoyed the stories.

    6:21 AM  
    Blogger Melli said...

    What a beauuuuutiful stone church! I LOVE it! Yep, I do!

    WHO in the world (or out of it) is Princess Ozma???

    Ohhhhh boy! BOY, oh BOY, oh BOY!!! I'm certainly glad I don't have to choose who wins! All 4 candidates did a bang up job with those words! I think I am a little bit partial to the ENDING in Jon Bergall's story... but I also love the feminine Super Hero feel to Bob's story. I feel the grizzly bear's angst in Warren's story... and who wouldn't love a caviar eating bear? Of course ALL two year olds think they are invincible!

    GOOD LUCK LIARS CLUB!!! Decisions, decisions...

    6:26 AM  
    Blogger Dragonstar said...

    Love your doors Dr John!

    6:38 AM  
    Blogger Janets Planet said...

    Warren Woodstuck cause he has the best name. How much wood would a woodstuck stick if a woodstuck could stick wood?

    7:45 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yoda is big around here too! Have a great Labor Day!

    7:48 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The doors and the church are beautiful!

    9:37 AM  
    Blogger juliana said...

    there's so much to enjoy here again.
    lovely doors, interesting facts and great stories. i'm a bit weird so i like jon's story best (although it's a close call)

    9:39 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi ICy! Fancy seeing you here! [waves]

    #4 is my favorite story. I am still cringing as I await the final splat -- but am hoping a runaway hay wagon shows p just in time!

    12:02 PM  
    Blogger Jientje said...

    Dr John!!!!!
    How nice!!!
    Thank you for playing, but you're so shy, I almost missed you? You didn't leave a comment. Never mind, you don't have to, I found you!!! Thanks for playing!

    Oh and um ... You're so right on the psychiatrist!

    1:27 PM  
    Blogger Margaret said...

    Hehe, I love your Meme answers. Classic!

    1:51 PM  
    Blogger Jo said...

    Princess Ozma of OZ? Dr. John, who knew!

    *heh*

    2:32 PM  
    Blogger Christine said...

    Loved the doors but loved the L Club stories even better.:)

    3:22 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dr. John... great post. I especially like the Saying for the Day, the Doors photo (2 in one shot, well done), and the Monday is ME... great job.

    5:00 PM  
    Blogger Carletta said...

    Hi Dr. John,
    I'm sorry for not being around sooner. I was away all day visiting my Mom.
    I love the quote of the day.
    That lion statue is gorgeous.
    Two doors in one I see - that's a great angle and it looks like a lovely church.
    I noticed in your ME post you like Yoda - I so did the first time I saw the movie. He was by far one of the best characters to come out of those movies. Him and the EWOKS.

    7:01 PM  
    Blogger jmb said...

    Are you going to be changing things again? You are always trying to confuse me.
    I like that quote, plus all the peeps into Dr John.
    Money can buy lots of books too!

    Sleep well tonight.

    7:33 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home