Friday with Fourteen
It is easy to get a thousand prescriptions but hard to get one single remedy. ~Chinese Proverb
Click HERE to get to my 55s
1. New medication seems to be helping as breathing is much easier . ( Stems from having a good lung Doctor)
2. I have to live for at least two more years. ( Stems from that’s when my burial insurance kicks in)
3. Last Saturday there was a knife fight behind the storage facilities across from our house. ( Stems from a desire for revenge)
4. It was a real shock to see the yellow police tape across from the house. ( Stems from watching too many Crime shows)
5. I am now intaking much more fluid, coffee, juice, soda, and water. ( Stems from directions from Primary Care Doctor)
6. Have begun reducing intake of new super pill ( Stems from Lung Doctor’s instructions.)
7. Finally felt well enough to ride to basement and start collecting stuff for E-Bay. ( Stems from a need to get it done)
8. Am now walking on treadmill for six minutes every day. ( Stems from Doctor’s belief it will help my breathing)
9. Am also doing exercises to strengthen chest muscles. ( Stems from same Doctor)
10. Now I hurt everywhere . ( Stems from the exercises)
11. Everyday I hurry to write Pigeon Falls. ( Stems from my desire to find out what happens next. Perhaps I need a plan.)
12. I am now on an eat more diet. ( Stems from my Doctor’s desire for me to gain weight)
13. The stabbing and crime tape reminded me of the murder across the street from the parsonage in Crystal Falls. ( Stems from trying to forget that event)
14. Short or long term I am thankful for the improvement in breathing I’ve seen this week. ( Stems from just feeling better)
The best one could say of the people of Pigeon Falls is that they were disappointed. They had hoped to be back in 2009 by today or tomorrow but now nothing could happen until Monday or Tuesday. Then there was the horrible possibility that they couldn’t raise the money the old lady/witch wanted. Eino was giving the wagon and the horses and Jon Bergall was giving the cows so that was no problem. Kivi’s Grain and Feed was giving the four bags of seed as specified. That left only the money.
Mrs. Trumble began immediately trying to raise the $10,000. She got all of Winl’s and Kivi’s cash on hand which together came to a little over $200o. She put in the entire $630 that was in the town treasury. Nancy threw in $734. Jack provided a little over $ 600. With all of that plus bits and pieces here and there she had accumulated a little over $ 5000. But she didn’t have any clue as to where the rest would come from.
The leadership group met and brainstormed.
Rob the bank in Marquette. They would be back in 2009 before they could get caught.
Rob the payroll train.
Sell the local mine.
Sell the dairy.
The group was against becoming robbers and the other two couldn’t be done in time.
But there was Eugene.