Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday with Fourteen

Today's Saying

It is easy to get a thousand prescriptions but hard to get one single remedy. ~Chinese Proverb

Click HERE to get to my 55s

What you are about to read leans on the truth and bends it ever so little . But in the process every Friday you will catch a glimpse of me.And I save the cost of a psychiatrist.

1. New medication seems to be helping as breathing is much easier . ( Stems from having a good lung Doctor)
2. I have to live for at least two more years. ( Stems from that’s when my burial insurance kicks in)
3. Last Saturday there was a knife fight behind the storage facilities across from our house. ( Stems from a desire for revenge)
4. It was a real shock to see the yellow police tape across from the house. ( Stems from watching too many Crime shows)
5. I am now intaking much more fluid, coffee, juice, soda, and water. ( Stems from directions from Primary Care Doctor)
6. Have begun reducing intake of new super pill ( Stems from Lung Doctor’s instructions.)
7. Finally felt well enough to ride to basement and start collecting stuff for E-Bay. ( Stems from a need to get it done)
8. Am now walking on treadmill for six minutes every day. ( Stems from Doctor’s belief it will help my breathing)
9. Am also doing exercises to strengthen chest muscles. ( Stems from same Doctor)
10. Now I hurt everywhere . ( Stems from the exercises)
11. Everyday I hurry to write Pigeon Falls. ( Stems from my desire to find out what happens next. Perhaps I need a plan.)
12. I am now on an eat more diet. ( Stems from my Doctor’s desire for me to gain weight)
13. The stabbing and crime tape reminded me of the murder across the street from the parsonage in Crystal Falls. ( Stems from trying to forget that event)
14. Short or long term I am thankful for the improvement in breathing I’ve seen this week. ( Stems from just feeling better)


The best one could say of the people of Pigeon Falls is that they were disappointed. They had hoped to be back in 2009 by today or tomorrow but now nothing could happen until Monday or Tuesday. Then there was the horrible possibility that they couldn’t raise the money the old lady/witch wanted. Eino was giving the wagon and the horses and Jon Bergall was giving the cows so that was no problem. Kivi’s Grain and Feed was giving the four bags of seed as specified. That left only the money.
Mrs. Trumble began immediately trying to raise the $10,000. She got all of Winl’s and Kivi’s cash on hand which together came to a little over $200o. She put in the entire $630 that was in the town treasury. Nancy threw in $734. Jack provided a little over $ 600. With all of that plus bits and pieces here and there she had accumulated a little over $ 5000. But she didn’t have any clue as to where the rest would come from.
The leadership group met and brainstormed.
Suggestions :
Rob the bank in Marquette. They would be back in 2009 before they could get caught.
Rob the payroll train.
Sell the local mine.
Sell the dairy.
The group was against becoming robbers and the other two couldn’t be done in time.
But there was Eugene.

16 Comments:

Blogger Melli said...

Amen! Alleluia! Thank you Lord! Amen! Amen! Amen!!! (I am just a weeeeee bit happy that you are feeling so much better! AND that the doctor even has you exercising!!! Wow!) And drinking more fluids! And eating more! Wow! I wish my doctor would tell me to eat more... ;)

Yea... I'm for sure against becoming robbers too... I'm all for prayer though! You know ... a bag of money might just FALL of one of those payroll trains... that's not robbing! I'm sure God will provide! HE intended these people to live in 2009... I'm pretty sure of that! Or... there's Eugene.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I am so glad your new medication is helping.

Maybe the witch is a pretty young girl in disguise and Eugene will be very happy?

Flash 55 - Favors

7:36 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I'm glad that you're breathing has improved, Dr. John. Could I ask about the new medication? I would love to pass on the information to my mom.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

Perhaps some kind person could donate all their basement treasure to Mrs. Trumble and she could sell it on E-Bay? You think? So glad that you are feeling better! God blesses us with your dry wit each time we enter in...for that I am truly thankful!
Sandi

8:15 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I am leaving a comment. (Stems from the fact I feel guilty if I don't).

Glad the breathing is better.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Brighid said...

Glad to hear your doing better and following doc's directions.
Oh, could the witch be a princess under a spell herself. Win, win for everyone!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

I came by to check on you, and am so glad you are breathing better!

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My day has started off excellent (stems from reading this post) Well done my friend. Keep up the good work and remember...the positive attitude. I must admit I love your reason for living for 2 more years LOL

I'm not for robbing. Bad idea...bad bad bad LOL

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw you made the praise list in Melli's reader, so I hurried over to read the good news myself.
I'm confident that my doctor may never, ever tell me to eat more. If I am wrong, I'll eat my hat.

Robbing? No-no-no-no, two wrongs don't make a right. (However, I've been told that 3 lefts *do* make a right...)

11:29 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Glad that you are feeling better and breathing better. #2 was kind of Morbid though.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Glad that you are feeling better and breathing better. #2 was kind of Morbid though.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Boy it sounds like your doctor wants you busy! Working out, drinking and eating more. I am very happy to hear that you are starting to feel a little better! Lets hope it continues so that you can at the very least reach your # 2 !
Happy that the meds are working Dr. John! Love Di

3:27 PM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Dr. John -- I am glad you're feeling better. I hope you continue to improve and get considerably more than two years, all of them spent happily blogging and sharing the adventures of the folks in Pigeon Falls.

Eugene ... town drunk or town hero?

5:03 PM  
Blogger DawnTreader said...

Very glad to learn that you're breathing easier! :)

4:06 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

It sounds like you have a great doctor. Glad to hear you are following instructions.

Crime scene tape is not a good thing but it happens in the best of neighborhoods. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Take care.

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

The whole town is really pulling together.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home