Thursday, November 19, 2009

Quilly 37


Today's Saying

The biggest problem in the world
Could have been solved when it was small.
~Witter Bynner



It is time to share with you another of my favorite blogs.

Alice's Restaurant

This is one great blog. Every day there is a new picture with a clever caption and then there are the house specials. They are listed on the side. All kinds of things from recipes to stories. And for dessert the world's greatest history teller Mr. All introduces us to the history of Kings.
Give it a look. Scroll down and sample the wares.



The old lady/gypsy came as promised yesterday and gave the town her terms for removing the curse which she said was a very very hard curse to remove. She wants a new livery wagon, four sacks of specified seed, two horses, two cows and $10,000 . Mrs. Trumble had a hard time keeping Eino silent at that point. His shins must be black and blue from the number of times she kicked him under the table.
After the initial shock Mrs. Trumble said they would try to meet her demands but $10,000 is a lot of money. The lottery that gave Mrs. Trumble money for the town didn’t exist yet and the town treasury in this age had very little in it.
The old lady/witch looked at the sad group and said “ I would take one other thing instead of the money. I like Eugene . If he consents of his own free will to stay with me I will forget the money part and lift the curse. I really need a man to help out around the house. I will return on Monday and you can give me your answer then.
She disappeared and the group sat in shocked silence.

It is a good thing I auto-posted all of today's material because I had a horrible night last night. If you can catch something off the internet then I have what Quilly had. I spent all night either in the bathroom or heaving in the bucket by the bed. Here it is 2:30 and I am just getting to the computer. I feel like a wet dishrag. The only good news is my breathing held steady through it all.



.

15 Comments:

Anonymous quilly said...

Oh my goodness! They can't give Eugene away! Is he hero enough to volunteer?

2:09 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Was by to visit your Featured Link to say hello.

5:19 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Good Morning Dr. John,
I hope that this finds you breathing better. I will go and visit Alice when I leave here.
Love Di

5:24 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

ROFL! Well... now all they gotta do is get Eugene DRUNK again! He'll agree to ANYTHING when he's drunk! ... But... maybe HE likes the gypsy too... maybe he DOES want to stay. That would be delightful... BUT... is it at ALL ethical? That's messin' with HISTORY right there! I think they better find a way to raise the funds and have this whole thing DONE with, once and for all!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

It is a great blog & she is a good writer. I don't get by there enough:(

6:37 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Excellent choice for Blog of the Week!

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Aw, thank's Mama Zen. I love your blog too.

What a nice intro, Dr. John!!! Melli and Bill have already come to visit, and have very nice places of their own. I appreciate being featured.

We could lose Eugene? No way!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Nice choice for your Blog of the Week. Alice's site also led me to Dining with Debbie

7:44 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Witches always want the best of what others have. Now I'm wondering how this will turn out.

Off to visit Alice's Restaurant.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Alice's Restaurant is a great place.

Gosh, this whole "tough curse" business is bull crappy. Doesn't anyone know that. Don't give Eugene to the witch. Don't do it.

Thursday Thirteen - My Drive to Work

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Brighid said...

Will go by Alice's after you, thanks for the tip.

They wouldn't really give up Eugene, would they? What to do, what to do...

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog of the week. Great choice. Hmmm what is Eugene going to do?

10:10 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I have a feeling if Eugene volunteers to go with the witch she will turn into a beautiful princess!

No? Oh well, I suppose I'm just an old romantic.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read that blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

You have the nicest readers.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home