Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cooking for Old People

Today's Saying

You can say this for ready-mixes - the next generation isn't going to have any trouble making pies exactly like mother used to make. ~Earl Wilson

Cooking for & by old People
EggMcLinna


We begin a new series today that I will run from time to time.
The idea is to give you a way to cook a quick meal with a minimum of dishes to wash .
Today you start with a muffin . Cut it in half, toast it and butter it. Put it on a paper plate.
Then take a small bowl the size of the muffin and spray it with Pam.
Now break in one egg and stir it up.
Microwave for one minute
Then add cheese.
Then Canadian Bacon
Then microwave for 30 seconds on high. Place on muffin and add ketchup jam or whatever.
Put the two pieces together your ready to eat.
Spray the bowl again and your ready for another one.
Only dishes are the bowl and the knife and fork.
You can find paper bowls that work almost as well.

Find then the giver of the curse.
This morning Chief Ican reported to the committee on his investigation. He had gone up the mountain and found a cabin that looked just like the cabin of the old witch/gypsy, He had watched and the occupant came out and she either was the gypsy or a twin.
Apparently she didn’t age. But she is what the driblet called for
Find then the giver of the curse
We can assume that she hasn’t traveled to the future. So she doesn’t know about her being the one who put the curse.
We have to keep her from knowing and get her help or the driblet says we will be stuck here.
But she must not know it is her’s.
Or lost forever they will be
We have to send somebody to her that can spin a good story and not get caught lying. Then we have to hope she doesn’t put some kind of truth spell on that person.
Somebody said “ I nominate Mrs. Trumble. She’s a politician and they spin stories with ease and sometimes I think they believe their own lies.
Everybody laughed.
Herman then joined in “ But that does give me an idea. I know who to send.”
.
.

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Foodie - I am.
Maybe will try new dish.

1:43 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I love one dish meals.

I wonder who they will pick to lie to the witch.

Blast from the Past

2:31 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

I like the sound of this. You can cook for me any day!

2:33 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

I never liked the taste of microwaved eggs.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

This sounds quite tasty, but I think I'd need to fry the egg and bacon.

6:13 AM  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

When it comes to cliffhangers, Dr. John, you really know your stuff....

6:17 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

I am so hungry right now as my husband is fixing me something to eat in the kitchen. I only wish that I had read this before he started. Sounds good. Love Di

6:49 AM  
Blogger Jenny-Jenny said...

I've done that before on a bagel. Tastes great, less mess!!

Someone will have to be a very convincing story teller with no fear. Maybe they shouldn't even know the truth... maybe they should send a child.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Your McMuffin makes me hungry! Now I'm going to have to go make something to eat... Oh... it's almost lunch time...

I think they should send my friend Dr. John to talk to her! He spins the best yarns I've EVER heard!!!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

Love the how to. You should write a cooking story.

Gosh these cliffhangers.....Can't wait for more

10:36 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

But Dr. John, I don't like egg mcmuffins even with ketchup -- or jelly.

And I trust Herman to brilliantly solve the problem as much as I trust Tommy. Pigeon Falls will be home soon!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Wow thanks for the tip! :)

11:42 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Oh! Melli has a point!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

The egg McMuffin with just one bowl is genius! I'm so glad that they've figured out a better use for microwaves than just reheating coffee. lol

And I've got to say that the addition of Chief Ican to the city payroll has been a good one. :)

12:09 PM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

I can't wait to see who is nominated! Oh, and ever made an omelet in a zip lock bag? Just beat the eggs and add what you want in it into a small ziplog bag, drop it into boiling water and hold it upright for a minute to set the egg, then let simmer for about 2 minutes, put on the plate and voila, there you have it...we put all the chipped up goodies anyone might want on the counter and let everyone make their own breakfast...kids love it!
Sandi

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Can't wait to see who they send..

ps. Don't you love those little Pyrex bowls?

4:02 PM  
Blogger forever lost said...

now that is a breakfast that I can do!love your pics to go with the words

5:19 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I'm going to try that!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

Thanks for the quick recipe...will sausage work as well as Canadian bacon?

5:41 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Well, John, you wouldn't believe it but I had your sandwich (made my way but using similar methods and food materials) for lunch today. I am preparing a post for next weeks Ruby Tuesday early (preliminary done in a few minutes).
I will send you a link then.

It is good that Chief Ican came back. People were worried before although now his arrival seemed to be an uneventful return.

I do hope the ambassador they send will do his/her thing in a valiant, business like manner.
..

5:43 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I'm back. To see my
Jim's Four Minute Egg Sandwich go here:
jim's little Christmas tree farm .
..

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what I like quick and easy :)

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home