Friday Usless Facts
When you finally go back to your old hometown, you find it wasn't the old home you missed but your childhood. ~Sam Ewing
Click HERE to get to my 55s
1. Have now given away two books but six new ones have arrived and am short shelf space for them. ( stems from not giving away enough books)
2. My nephew’s daughter went to school with the flue and now that school is closed for three days. Her father being a teacher shouldn’t have let her go .( Stems from being part of our weird family)
3. I always wanted a parrot when I was growing up but never got one. ( stems from all the stories my dad told of their parrot)
4. I had a pony and wanted to trade it in on a parrot or a monkey. My parents said to be happy other kids didn’t even have a pony. ( Stems from advanced parrot envy)
5. If all the books I read in my life were piled one on top of another they would fall over and hurt somebody.( Stems from heavy reading and bad luck)
6. Today’s food doesn’t taste as good as food used to taste ( Stems from age and illness hurting my taste buds)
7. I like real butter on hot toast not pretend butter. ( Stems from butter melting differently from the imitators)
8. The only good thing about snow is you can brush it off when you come in. ( Stems from hating to be soaked by rain.)
9. Twice in my life I taught math, once in a private academy and once in a college. ( Stemmed from a need for money)
10. Believe it or not I have an earned Doctor’s Degree not an honorary one.( Stems from low standards and expectations)
11. My favorite musical is the Wizard of Oz. Yes Virginia that was a musical ( Stems from my hatred of musicals in general )
12. Roy Rogers and Gene Autry were my favorite movie stars as long as they didn’t sing .( Stems from my childhood desire to be a cowboy)
13. Took three years of accordion lessons but can now only play three songs ( Stems from my right hand not getting along with my left)
14. I am in reality a very shy person. ( Stems from my Finnish heritage)
She alone can restore the balance.When they met last night it was obvious that you couldn’t work in that large a crowd. Everybody was screaming out ideas and you couldn’t understand because so many people were hollering at one time.
But she must not know it is hers.
But she must not know it is hers.
So Mrs. Trumble divided them up into groups of seven or eight. Each group was asked to come back with no more than five ideas.
These are some of the things the groups reported.
1. The medicines they came back with were running out. There would soon be no antibiotics and no insulin.
2. People were going to start dying if they didn’t go back soon.
3. The she in the driblet was probably the old witch.
4. She was in the year 2009 and they had no way to get to her.
5. Even if they could get to her she would know she laid the curse.
6. It might be best to live out their lives here.
Mrs. Trumble appointed a six person committee to consider what was reported and look for solutions. They were Pastor Joan, Herman, Tommy UK, Sheriff Ican, Eino, and herself.
The six then held their first meeting.
Tommy said that if they brought one sample of each medication to the Doctor’s office he would privately use his power to replicate all of it. This would buy them some time.
Chief Ican said he had an idea and would check it out in the morning and report back.