Friday, November 06, 2009

Friday Usless Facts

Today's Saying

When you finally go back to your old hometown, you find it wasn't the old home you missed but your childhood. ~Sam Ewing

Click HERE to get to my 55s

What you are about to read leans on the truth and bends it ever so little . But in the process every Friday you will catch a glimpse of me.And I save the cost of a psychiatrist.

1. Have now given away two books but six new ones have arrived and am short shelf space for them. ( stems from not giving away enough books)
2. My nephew’s daughter went to school with the flue and now that school is closed for three days. Her father being a teacher shouldn’t have let her go .( Stems from being part of our weird family)
3. I always wanted a parrot when I was growing up but never got one. ( stems from all the stories my dad told of their parrot)
4. I had a pony and wanted to trade it in on a parrot or a monkey. My parents said to be happy other kids didn’t even have a pony. ( Stems from advanced parrot envy)
5. If all the books I read in my life were piled one on top of another they would fall over and hurt somebody.( Stems from heavy reading and bad luck)
6. Today’s food doesn’t taste as good as food used to taste ( Stems from age and illness hurting my taste buds)
7. I like real butter on hot toast not pretend butter. ( Stems from butter melting differently from the imitators)
8. The only good thing about snow is you can brush it off when you come in. ( Stems from hating to be soaked by rain.)
9. Twice in my life I taught math, once in a private academy and once in a college. ( Stemmed from a need for money)
10. Believe it or not I have an earned Doctor’s Degree not an honorary one.( Stems from low standards and expectations)
11. My favorite musical is the Wizard of Oz. Yes Virginia that was a musical ( Stems from my hatred of musicals in general )
12. Roy Rogers and Gene Autry were my favorite movie stars as long as they didn’t sing .( Stems from my childhood desire to be a cowboy)
13. Took three years of accordion lessons but can now only play three songs ( Stems from my right hand not getting along with my left)
14. I am in reality a very shy person. ( Stems from my Finnish heritage)


She alone can restore the balance.
But she must not know it is hers.
When they met last night it was obvious that you couldn’t work in that large a crowd. Everybody was screaming out ideas and you couldn’t understand because so many people were hollering at one time.
So Mrs. Trumble divided them up into groups of seven or eight. Each group was asked to come back with no more than five ideas.
These are some of the things the groups reported.
1. The medicines they came back with were running out. There would soon be no antibiotics and no insulin.
2. People were going to start dying if they didn’t go back soon.
3. The she in the driblet was probably the old witch.
4. She was in the year 2009 and they had no way to get to her.
5. Even if they could get to her she would know she laid the curse.
6. It might be best to live out their lives here.
Mrs. Trumble appointed a six person committee to consider what was reported and look for solutions. They were Pastor Joan, Herman, Tommy UK, Sheriff Ican, Eino, and herself.
The six then held their first meeting.
Tommy said that if they brought one sample of each medication to the Doctor’s office he would privately use his power to replicate all of it. This would buy them some time.
Chief Ican said he had an idea and would check it out in the morning and report back.

15 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

Your 14 facts are always fascinating and funny.

Flash 55 - Holiday Preparations

3:33 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Great saying and better 14, especially #5 !

4:09 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

So many things on today's list that would fit me -but the real butter thing, that one is an absolute necessity for me particularly when the bread is homemade and hot -fresh from the oven. Have to have REAL butter to slather on that warm, fresh bread! And even on cold bread too, when it is of the homemade variety, the real butter just adds so much more flavor then.

4:23 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

A shy person ? you ?? I have some doubts, lol !

5:43 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Good Morning Dr. John,
I always enjoy your Friday fourteen.
You are such an interesting person.
I too have always wanted a parrot but have always had too many cats.
Can you imagine me as a cat lady?
Ridiculous indeed!
Love Di

5:49 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

I once had a squirrel monkey...rescued him from a department store where he sat under an a/c vent shivering...the best 100 bucks I ever spent...and that was in 1969 when 100 bucks was hard to come by...
I'm so absolutely sure that Tommy UK can save the day, but I do hope Sheriff Ican's idea is a wonderful contribution!!!
Sandi

6:12 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I do not think your shyness stems from your Finnish background! Shyness is not a cultural trait...

I think your parents should have SOLD that evil pony and got you the bird! The bird would still be alive... and loving you! (oh... but his dander might not agree with your COPD...)

I like REAL butter too! We had a hysterical conversation about that with Jientje at my daughter's house! Amanda RUINED Jientje's fabulous feast by spraying FAKE butter on her FISH and her vegetables!!! I thought I would DIE laughing!

And still no word from Eino. *nods* I'm pretty sure that the witch from 2009 was alive back in 1890 too. She probably looked a bit younger back then... but maybe not.

7:10 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Hmmm - perhaps Tommy could get enough vaccine replicated for the world's needs right now? We are in short supply everywhere for the H1N1 vaccine.

Just a thought.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

Your first fact is the one that shouts at me. I've received my copy of Jordan/Sanderson "The Gathering Storm". It's BIG, and there are two more to come!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

Some great facts. Even those that (Bend) are very telling. Have a great Weekend!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Interesting!

#5. Books. I never thought about it but my stack would be high but probably with much lighter books. Large heavy books make wonderful end tables.

#10. I never doubted your Dr. title. It shows and is well used.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I always look forward to your Friday Posts, Love that Tongue in Cheek that you have.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Your 14 were great!
And a quick question on Pigeon Falls-Since I've only been reading your blog for a little bit now-so this is a story that you write a little about everyday? It's very interesting..
((hugs & blessings))
Sarah @ ButterflyChic

5:41 PM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Thom was excited about the book he won at your place. He came and told us all about it.

If, somehow, the folks can find the old lady in their new time, maybe they can get her to change the future (their real time).

6:10 PM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

3 years of accordian lessons? Do you do weddings???

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home