Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday before Halloween

Today's Saying

The art of living lies less in eliminating our troubles than in growing with them. ~Bernard M. Baruch

Click HERE to get to my 55s

What you are about to read leans on the truth and bends it ever so little . But in the process every Friday you will catch a glimpse of me.And I save the cost of a psychiatrist.

1. I have ordered seven new books including one I saw on Aims blog. ( stems from my fall reading bug getting worse)
2. Halloween was one of my favorite holidays. That’s why I have no teeth. ( Stems from all that candy we got in two neighborhoods)
3. Halloween at the Fortress is a disappointment. ( Stems from no kids stopping by)
4. Betty won’t even buy the large bags of candy for Halloween anymore ( Stems from her desire to keep me from eating all those leftovers)
5. I was a youth so long ago that one Halloween we tipped over an outhouse. ( Stems from our mischievous nature – young people should goggle to find out what an outhouse was)
6. Found out a new drug is being developed that might help my breathing but I have to survive a year or two to get it. ( Stems from a lengthy FDA approval process)
7. My singing voice , which was never good, has gotten worse. ( Stems from my COPD)
8. Am still waiting for the swine flue vaccine ( Stems from distribution problems)
9. The good news is I may have some residual antibodies to the swine flue because of a flue I had as a kid. ( Stems from that flue having much in common with the Swine Flue)
10. The visit of old friend Pastor Les Niemi was wonderful and carried into this week. ( Stems from a need to have somebody to talk theology with.)
11 One of my dragons has disappeared and no longer sits on my computer .( Stems . Possibly, from something I said)
12. Still haven’t chosen a $50 restaurant card or a magazine subscription so my MY points and my Coke points just sit there. ( Stems from blatant procrastination)
13. The dragon wing is still not repaired. ( Stems from procrastination defeating organization)
14. Am happy Victor isn't leaving my soap after all. The actor signed a new contract ( stems from very heavy fan letter writing)


Well Mrs. Trumble went up the mountain to visit the old woman taking the $100 with her. She found the little house and knocked on the door. She was invited n an was surprised to discover the lady knew who she was and had tea waiting.
Mrs. Trumble explained that the town had a gremlin problem and she understood that the lady could solve it. She told her she was ready to pay the $100.
The old lady looked at her and said.” The price to get the gremlins out of the Town Hall is $100 to get rid of them altogether will cost you $5000 .
Mrs. Trumble gasped.” But you told Mrs. Pemberthy it would be $100.”
The Gypsy or Witch or whatever responded.” That was a one time , poor little old lady price. This is a one time rich town price.”
Mrs. Trumble then said “ She would have to call a special town council meeting to get that figure approved.”
The old lady smiled and said “ The offer is good for three days”
So Mrs. Trumble has come back down from the mountain and called a special council meeting for tonight.

11 Comments:

Anonymous quilly said...

Pick a restaurant card and go out for a nice meal. I can't believe you bought all those books but had no interest in Kabul24.

AND, I knew that witch was going to raise her price, but I didn't think she'd raise it that high. Wow!

1:31 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

They must have a whole bunch of gremlins.

We don't get many trick or treaters either. I miss them.

Flash 55 - Morbid Norberth

3:03 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

This is WHY she's a WITCH! And the TOWN better not hesitate! But you know Frank Stottlemeyer is going to be a biscuithead about the whole thing! He didn't even want to repair the WATER TOWER when it sprung the LEAK! Do you remember? Oyyyyyy.... he is NEVER going to okay witchery! The mayor better send a gremlin or two over to HIS house before the meeting tonight!


I LOVE that quote today! It's a GOOD one!

New medication for COPD? YAY! HANG IN THERE!!! 2 years is just around the corner! :)

6:54 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

One wonders, where DO those dragons go?

7:31 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

See, Mrs. Trumble should go to her rich neighbors, the Ricardo's...Lucy can con Ricky out of the 5000 bucks and he won't know what hit him till he starts picking Gremlins out of his oatmeal!
Sandi

7:40 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

Oh, and the Mrs. Trumble/Ricardo ref stems from my love of I Love Lucy reruns
me again
Sandi

7:40 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Dr J- you make me laugh!
Halloween is my favorite too!
<><

7:53 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

I like the out house tipping thing. My grandfather is 95, so some of his sotries amaze the kids. Someday I will share his story on my curbs are raised.... Happy Halloween!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Enjoy your Halloween Dr John

11:37 AM  
Blogger Enchanted Oak said...

I had fun reading your post (stems from your sense of humor).
Chris A

2:49 PM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

oh that saying My Knight...

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home