Friday before Halloween
The art of living lies less in eliminating our troubles than in growing with them. ~Bernard M. Baruch
Click HERE to get to my 55s
1. I have ordered seven new books including one I saw on Aims blog. ( stems from my fall reading bug getting worse)
2. Halloween was one of my favorite holidays. That’s why I have no teeth. ( Stems from all that candy we got in two neighborhoods)
3. Halloween at the Fortress is a disappointment. ( Stems from no kids stopping by)
4. Betty won’t even buy the large bags of candy for Halloween anymore ( Stems from her desire to keep me from eating all those leftovers)
5. I was a youth so long ago that one Halloween we tipped over an outhouse. ( Stems from our mischievous nature – young people should goggle to find out what an outhouse was)
6. Found out a new drug is being developed that might help my breathing but I have to survive a year or two to get it. ( Stems from a lengthy FDA approval process)
7. My singing voice , which was never good, has gotten worse. ( Stems from my COPD)
8. Am still waiting for the swine flue vaccine ( Stems from distribution problems)
9. The good news is I may have some residual antibodies to the swine flue because of a flue I had as a kid. ( Stems from that flue having much in common with the Swine Flue)
10. The visit of old friend Pastor Les Niemi was wonderful and carried into this week. ( Stems from a need to have somebody to talk theology with.)
11 One of my dragons has disappeared and no longer sits on my computer .( Stems . Possibly, from something I said)
12. Still haven’t chosen a $50 restaurant card or a magazine subscription so my MY points and my Coke points just sit there. ( Stems from blatant procrastination)
13. The dragon wing is still not repaired. ( Stems from procrastination defeating organization)
14. Am happy Victor isn't leaving my soap after all. The actor signed a new contract ( stems from very heavy fan letter writing)
Well Mrs. Trumble went up the mountain to visit the old woman taking the $100 with her. She found the little house and knocked on the door. She was invited n an was surprised to discover the lady knew who she was and had tea waiting.
Mrs. Trumble explained that the town had a gremlin problem and she understood that the lady could solve it. She told her she was ready to pay the $100.
The old lady looked at her and said.” The price to get the gremlins out of the Town Hall is $100 to get rid of them altogether will cost you $5000 .
Mrs. Trumble gasped.” But you told Mrs. Pemberthy it would be $100.”
The Gypsy or Witch or whatever responded.” That was a one time , poor little old lady price. This is a one time rich town price.”
Mrs. Trumble then said “ She would have to call a special town council meeting to get that figure approved.”
The old lady smiled and said “ The offer is good for three days”
So Mrs. Trumble has come back down from the mountain and called a special council meeting for tonight.