Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday Fourteen Give or Take

Today's Saying

What we remember from childhood we remember forever - permanent ghosts, stamped, inked, imprinted, eternally seen. ~Cynthia Ozick

Click HERE to get to my 55s

What you are about to read leans on the truth and bends it ever so little . But in the process every Friday you will catch a glimpse of me.And I save the cost of a psychiatrist.


1. I am down to the last book ( I think) in the unread book pile. I have finished six books. I enjoyed every one of them . ( Stems from a Fall reading bug)
2. My baby sister with COPD uses her oxygen at home but goes to work without it while I use it mostly at night at home but always when I leave the house. ( Stems from the fact that one of us is weird)
3. Am waiting for the Swine flue vaccine since I am in a high risk group. ( Stems from having lungs that are already bad)
4. My breathing treatments don’t seem to help much but twice a day I take them ( Stems from Doctor’s orders and legalistic wife)
5. I can take better pictures with my Kodak than with my more expensive Olympus. ( Stems from the Kodak doing a better job of neutralizing my shaking hand)
6. Windows 7 is now available. It will cost around $120 for an upgrade. It should be free if you own Vista. ( Stems from Vista’s many many problems)
7. Now that Fall is here I need to cut back on blogging and work more on the train layout. ( stems from having one new box of equipment that isn’t even opened.)
8. My favorite villain on a soap, Eric Braeden who plays Victor Newman, is quitting. I feel really bad. ( Stems from my need to vent my anger at somebody and better somebody unreal)
9. Have enough “my points” to get a $50 restaurant card but can’t decide which one. ( Stems from inability to make quick decesions)
10. Have enough Coke points to get a years subscription to a magazine but can’t decide which one ( Stems from same problem as in 10)
11. Have new priceless prizes and a new treasure chest so am almost ready to start a new contest ( Stems from not having learned my lesson last time)
12. Weather you see a “ Wrap Up” or a “Here is My day” or neither will depend on what I have planned for that day. ( Stems from getting my life organized)
13. The dragon wing is still not repaired but is on my to do list. ( Stems from a need to organize my procrastination)
14. I intend to go and see Disney’s 3-D Scrooge ( Stems from having seen every Christmas Carol movie ever produced and still wanting another one.)


Petrovich’s latest translation from his old Coptic driblets of the Great Seer Alexis Grengicoff.

Driblet 19

A Voice without a body says
The strange one leads the land where Eagles fly.

To the city of the birds a curse might come.
One chance to fend it off
Or
Reason will bring it on
That which was now is not.
That which never was is now.
Find then the giver of the curse.
She alone can restore the balance.
But she must not know it is hers.
Or lost forever they will be
Forward then
Back to where they had been.

Mrs. Trumble looked at the driblet and shook her head while the microwave in the inner office caight fire.

It was a good day today. The oxygen was up. I planned on going out in the afternoon but it rained hard and it makes no sense to try to get the scooter out in the rain. I think it was an act of God because if I had gone I would have missed a visit from an old friend passing through. Pastor Leslie Niemi and his wife on their way to Beloit stopped to visit. Les was at Bible camp when I began my walk with Jesus. We had so much to catch up on. Thank God for rain. Visited a lot of flash 55's today. So many creative people. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a hard time believing that Victor is quitting. Hmmm And I got my upgrade to Windows 7 for about 45 bucks. They ran a special in July or so for that price. I've been using the beta for months and it's so much better than Vista :) I dunno if I'm going to get the swine flu vaccine. I probably will. :) Hope your breathing gets better :)

1:27 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Eric Braeden has been playing Victor since I was a little girl. If he wants to retire I'd say he's earned it.

When we bought me new computer we got XP -- it's still the best.

And that Dribblet makes even less sense than usual.

1:56 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I'd like to see the list of the books you have read. I so want to see the new 3D Scrooge.

Flash 55 - Home of Our Own

3:00 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Soooooooo I guess you have NOTHING planned for today, eh? Last nights wrap up went up verrrrrry late... I was already in bed! You must have been a very busy boy!

Can't wait to SEE what you and Betty are cookin' up!

I need to go back and read some of the former driplets and see if they make any more sense once the mysteries are solved than they do before the mysteries are revealed! I have a feeling they don't....

4:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I too am sad to hear that Victor is leaving Y&R...I haven't watched it for years but it was always a comfort to see his mug on there. At least we'll still have Katherine! She can be awfully devilish too.

I am also looking forward to seeing the 3-D scrooge movie!

God bless your weekend Dr. John!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Carma Sez said...

You sound just like my husband with #7 - he recently said the same thing; it being fall, he is resuming work on his elaborate landscaping for his train set.

I'd help you make some decisions, but that is not something I excel at (understatement)

Hope you decide on a nice restaurant and have a lovely meal.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Victor is quitting? I can't believe it!

8:53 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Who's Victor?

I'm not getting the swine flu shot or the flu shot. I'm allergic to just about everything.

Is there a certain time in our lives when we finally get our act together and fly right? If so - let me know when I can expect this to happen to me.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

What is it with microwaves lately? There appears to be something fishy going on here!
Love Di

2:26 PM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

I think I'd be able to pick a restuarant pretty easily if the list included one I really liked.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

It's going to be tricky to keep the person who made the curse from knowing it while still resolving it.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Don't wait for this piggy flu vaccin ! Our doctors here recommend the normal seasonal flu vaccin for people at risk, because the other one is just a good business making for the pharma industry ! Meanwhile people start to understand the panic makers ! It's all about money !!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home