Monday, October 19, 2009

New Awards

Today's Saying

A deadline is negative inspiration. Still, it's better than no inspiration at all. ~Rita Mae Brown


I have been in my laboratory creating three new internet aewards that will never be presented to anyone. The first is the
It is intended for those special people that make it necessary for us to type those bothersome letters in at the end of our wonderful comments. And those, even worse than that, who have forced people hurt by them into comment moderation. They slap spam on our sweet blogs and they say mean and nasty things or they use language not appropriate to our blog. There is , of course, no use in presenting it because they would never accept it, particularly the righteous nasty ones.

The second is :
This is a blog that is filled with obscene or potty words. They are not used to make a point. They don’t emphasize anything. They just use them. This makes it hard for some ( read me) to read the blog with any understanding. The words distract me. This award displayed at the top of the page would warn people like me to go read another blog. It won’t be presented because I am a chicken.

Finally there is this masterpiece
Some blogs are just dull. The writer has nothing to say. There is no emotion. There is no excitement. They are just plain dull. It won’t be presented because I couldn’t hurt somebody’s feelings.
But I am thinking of presenting it to me. I must be dull since I get so few comments



It seems that Pastor Joan’s husband was as surprised by the name as the congregation. He thought they had agreed on Alexander Zachary. Pastor Joan says that she doesn’t know where the name came from but it just jumped into her head . It somehow seemed like the right name for their son so she used it. She knows that Elijah was a great man of God so she can understand that name but Hoops . Where in the world did that come from?
Tommy UK smiled and thought of the being from another world. He and Herman, alone, remembered her.
In any case, wherever it came from, that is now the baby’s name.
Someone told Mrs. Pemberthy that there was an old woman who lived at the end of a seldom used trail up on the mountain who might know how to control gremlins. Some people said she was an old gypsy ladies and others that she was a witch. Most of what was known about her was from tales told at Nancy’s or around a campfire late at night. Some said she was older than Pigeon Falls and indeed some of the stories seemed to have been passed down from generation to generation. Some said she wasn’t even there any more and that nobody had visited her in a long time. Since one of the stories concerned her putting a curse on somebody whose life was then ruined one can understand why people were not in a hurry to visit. Some said she could cast a spell so that when she came to town to get groceries she would look young. Some said she turned a man into a frog.
But Mrs. Pemberthy decided she had to go and visit her.

Got to the computer at 5:00 this morning. Visited Quilly's blog. Then having hurt my head trying to figure out what her puzzle meant I upgraded my fiend's list.Pennie brought me a Diet Pepsi( The soda on sale this week). After breakfast I read until lunch. The afternoon was spent visiting blogs until we lost our internet and our TV. Back to reading. When the internet came back I finished my blog visits and discovered that Thom gave me this award without conditions. He also gave it to the rest of the internet but I accepted it. After all I am honest, sort of.
Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA.

22 Comments:

Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Oooh Don't say that, you dull!!?? Never. I sometimes feel a bit sort of abandoned if I only get a few comments, which usually happens on Saturdays and Sundays (people rest you know?)
That must be pride and ambition. For writing should be done for the sake of it... No matter the quantity of comments, but their quality, I believe.
Perhaps if you became a follower and let other people follow you, you'd gain acknowledgement and fame,(?) not infame.Just an idea, a suggestion...

Sweet Hug Dr

3:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the new awards...it would be so fun to be able to share them with a few people, LOL!

And you...dull? Never!

Have a blessed day Dr. John!

4:55 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

So glad that I won't ever be the recipient of any of these awards! Oh, and a quote from one of my all time favorite authors!!! Of course I'll be she learned that one from Mrs. Murphy, (her cat)...hope your day is blessed with easy breaths and good weather!
Sandi

8:12 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Your newly created awards made me laugh Dr. John.

Then I thought

"I hope he didn't have me in mind when he created them!" :0

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so creative. Dull...pffft. Hardly my friend. Ummm might Fandango get presented your Bad Commentor Award. I do believe, and I guess it's just the dragon in him, that we have those bothersome words after posting our comment. WOOT...could be your first winner of that :) Watch out for old women turning men into frogs LOL. I wonder if Pastor Joan heard from the bouncing heads? Have a great week ahead :)

11:02 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

YOU are NOT dull -- and you get PLENTY of comments!!! Do you want to spend your WHOLE life blogging? That's what people who get a hundred comments a day do! And a lot of the comments they get are not really heart felt comments... they fall into the "oh, nice post" category! YOU have about 20 or so regular visitors who stop by at least a few times a week and leave thoughtful caring comments! YOU ARE BLESSED!!!

Oh! I wasn't even associating HOOPS with OOPS! Of COURSE that's where the name came from! I'm a goofball! I bet Matthew Castle was fit to be TIED when he heard Pastor Joan announce his son's name! LOL! I hope they didn't quarrel about it... Elijah IS a fabulous name! I'm sure the little fellow will live up to it!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

YOU are NEVER dull. It's just me, being a bad commenter sometimes. Not because I use mean words, but because I'm not around as much as I should be.

And I'm a lurker sometimes too!

12:52 PM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Since you are whining about how hard the puzzle was, I take it I am on your fiend's list? AND, you WON, Dr. John!

I don't know how to get read of the alphabet soup box at the end of my blog, or I'd do it in a heartbeat. I do believe that if you used the meta tags in the right sidebar and registered as a user, you wouldn't have to sign in every time you visit. I registered at Thom's blog and clicked "keep me signed in" and I only have to log in every couple of weeks. The rest of the time it greets me by name.

And you are most certainly NOT boring. You just scatter your comments out across 3 different blogs so they appear to be fewer.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I love your awards! I wish I knew how to make those.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I could never associate the word "dull" with you!
I thought of you the other night when I saw this church sign, thought you'd enjoy it: "Wells of joy are often dug with spades of sorrow."

2:50 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

You are anything but Dull Dr John. You blog is an Oasis in this Quagmire Called the World Wide Web. Your's is one really nice blog to come visit.

Oh, Congrats on being the Winner at Quilly's. Most deserving.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Those were some pretty interesting awards Dr. John. Ah I hope I'm not getting one?
Love Di

4:42 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I like your awards. If the case would come, I gladly would dish them out to the people falling in those various categories. But lately, I did not get any nasty comments. And dull blogs, I don't look at. And all the blogs in my favorites are not dull.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Lou said...

Ha,ha! I have thought this so many times. How about the "innocuous commenter award" for the bland commenter who exclaims every post to be "great." (Does NOT include anyone who comments on my or your blog..LOL)

5:09 PM  
Blogger Lindy said...

Thanks for stopping and for your kind words Dr. John. I totally agree with you on the foul mouth award. The foul language is so unnecessary. You can always get your point across without it. As for dull, never. Maybe deep sometimes but you make me think and for that I say thank you again. Have a blessed evening!

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

You get so FEW comments?! Humph!

You already know darn well you aren't boring.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hey Dr. John! Maybe you should rename you blog to 'Land of Excitement' or similar exciting ilk. First impressions, you know, go a long way.
I am sorry you have to do word verification on my blogs. I had multispams one evening, they still aren't all cleaned up. Trouble is they are written in an oriental font. They may sound vulgar. They are vulgar for sure.
I also comment moderate on any of the older blogs, 8-10 days, and on my Dr. Jim 9(blog). I had a spammer on it everytime (hardly ever) I would post.

I hope I was of some help here,
..

9:05 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

These are the best awards I have ever seen !!!! I think I should put them on my blog. I have a lot of bad commentors, with comments like "Very nice, mine is up" or worse just copied comments. These people must do a comment marathon. Or the once who comment but haven't read anything !
Blogs with vulgar vocabulary I don't even read. First I hate that in all languages and second most of the words I never heard or learned and I don't know what they mean.
Dull blogs I haven't met so far, but they certainly exists.

10:26 PM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

Enjoyed those awards. And no, you're not dull.

1:10 AM  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Well, I hope I am doing my part to provide you with comments. Goodness knows, you get a lot more comments than I do, but I refuse to let The Green Monster rear its ugly head (no relation to your dragons). I'll just let it slide like the noble person I am. Oops, I just remembered that Mama used to say, "Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back."

I love your creatively original awards. Hope I never get one.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I love deadlines.

4:02 AM  
Anonymous Walter said...

You don't deserve that dull blog award. Actually, your blog is nice and funny. Your dull blog award should go to my blog. :-)

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home