Friday, October 09, 2009

Fourteen on Friday

Today's Saying

I was seized by the stern hand of Compulsion, that dark, unseasonable Urge that impels women to clean house in the middle of the night. ~James Thurber

Click HERE to get to my 55s

What you are about to read leans on the truth and bends it ever so little . But in the process every Friday you will catch a glimpse of me.And I save the cost of a psychiatrist.


1. Thought I saw a raven but it was a crow. I hate ravens. ( Stems from reading too much Poe but nevermore.)
2. Sent my Bishop an e-mail saying I was depressed over my pension cut . He responded that times are tough and they are. ( Stems from my need to dump on somebody)
3. I am no longer depressed. (Stems from never worrying about money but trusting God to provide all we needed)
4. Four books finished off the unread pile and it is getting smaller. I am making up a list of books to order when its gone. ( Stems from a rebirth of my love of reading )
5. Created my last really stupid internet award. The smart ass award to go with the dumb ass award. ( Stems from my need to keep things in balance)
6. Now I can taste the lava soap from number five. ( Stems from inability to even sneak the word in without visions of ma and her soap)
7. I entered the Blingo contest every day last week, and the week before, and the week before and even the week before that. I have won nothing. Not a gift certificate. Not a HD TV. Not a camera. I have won nothing. ( Stems from a severe lack of luck . So why do I try?)
8. Well I still have the poor man in jail and a green dying secret agent but I did save the world and the Pigeon Falls. ( Stems from my need to do first things first-the world is more important than innocent men or secret agents.)
9. Watched NCIS –Las Angeles again and I still don’t like it, ( Stems from my hope it would grow on me like a fungus.)
10. I am upset with the USA network. We have only a few adventures of Monk left forever and they ran a movie in his place last Friday. ( Stems from the fact that I just love that show.)
11. We had a flat tire on the van. The garage came and filled the tire, drove the van to the shop, pulled out the metal piece, fixed the tire, washed the van, and returned the van that day and charged us only $17.00. Some places charge more to wash the car. Bergstroms you are special. ( Stems from my need to thank a business that really cares about its customers.)
12. We still don’t have a winner in our daily draw. It is so frustrating. ( Stems from my commentators being as unlucky as I am)
13. The refinancing of our mortgage will save us as much in interest next year as I lose in my pension cut and the new payments will be that much lower.
. ( It stems from God continuing to provide)
14. Betty and I had fun making pictures for the idiom meme. Saddly there are only two weeks left. ( Stems from our need to do things together)


With the aliens disarmed attention shifted for a moment to the Church and Pastor Joan. Very quickly the announcement came " It's a boy". They were expecting a girl but a healthy boy is fine.
Pastor Joan was having trouble in the delivery and the old midwife didn't know what to do. That's when the other midwife showed up. Her name was Rebecca W. Oops. Nobody had ever seen her before but she took control of the situation. She and Herman delivered the baby. After that it was almost like magic as the baby was born with no further problems. Rebecca went to the rest room to clean up and neve came back. Nobody has seen her since. She has become a mystery woman to be talked anout at Nancy's over coffee.
With the birth now over. Tommy turned to the alien leader. You do understand that we could have destroyed you as easily as those weapons. We could have made you our slaves, a fate you might deserve. But we chose not to do that . Instead we send you unarmed back to your home planet. By the time you arrive a group of Guardians will alreay be there. They will have destroyed your stockpiles of weapons. They will have dismantled the factories you make them in. They will destroy any other rocket ships you have.
One of our Guardians will go back with you and destroy these ships when you arrive back. Special instruments will be installed that will alert the Guardians if you test rockets or weapons and regular inspections will take place.
Now get on your ships and leave before we change our mind.
The aien leader, one of the Guardians and the alien soldiers returned to the ships and left.
Will we ever find out how Tommy pulled this off? Who was that strange midwife? How special is this baby? Where did the extra wooly elephant beasts come from? Is Tommy to be reunited with his birth father only to see him leave?
Perhaps some of these questions will be answered tomorrow. One can hope.




And the names Betty drew yesterday were SUE and Melli . If she draws one of them again today that one gets what is in the treasure chest. Click on the treasure chest in the left hand column to see what is in it.
While I wait for Betty I am adding this to the treasure chest.
Here is a 3 cd Immersion into fifty one languages. The package is still sealed. It is very rare.
Now that is a priceless addition.

Well Betty has arrived in the office
Betty has drawn.
Sorry Sue and Melli it wasn't yours.

The name drawn was











Dulce

If she is drawn again tomorrow she wins what's in the treasure chest.
Congratulations Dulce.
Stop over and wish her luck.
She missed by one day winning. If she had been drawn yesterday instead of today she would have won. Perhaps, it is a sign we are getting closer. I hope so because the treasure chest is getting heavy.
REMEMBER TO WIN YOU HAVE TO BE DRAWN TWO DAYS IN A ROW!

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it's good to know I'm a dumb ass and smart ass all wrapped up into one LOL. Dang I wish you could win at Blingo. I never win anything if that's any consolation. What a great price to fix a tire. Next time can I use your garage LOL

WOOT a boy for Pastor Joan. Hmnmm things and people just show up and disappear. Strange goings on in Pigeon Falls. Have a great weekend. :) Much aloha

1:20 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

I won so many prizes last month that I am regretting not buying a lottery ticket.

1:28 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

I know where Rebecca Oops came from! ;)

And I am sending vibes to your name jar and trying to wiggle Melli's name to the top.

1:31 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

It is very hard to give up control and let God take care of me. I know He can and will, but I really am a control freak.

4:57 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Hey! I've been drawn twice, so ... now what? Why? arrrgghhh..!!!
I can't undertand. (sniff)

5:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah you gave me a nice chuckle. Now I feel better.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGH!!! Pastor Joan gives birth, and what do we get??? This is sO typical of MEN! It's a BOY! That's it... It's a boy! As though that is all the information we might EVER need to know. It's a boy! What is his NAME? How much did he WEIGH? What was his length end to end? And your just lucky I don't ask for his apgar score! I knOW he's healthy cuz Nurse Oops showed up! I just don't get why we can't have the rest of the story... Can Betty please write the next edition of Pigeon Falls?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't like ravens either - for the same reason! I don't like pits or pendulums either!

Isn't it just AMAZING how #3 and #13 worked out?!? God is sooooo good! If they had happened in the opposite ORDER, you might have suffered MORE depression... and a bit of angst waiting for the mortgage thing to go through. But because the mortgage went through first, you had already solved the pension problem before it even came! You ARE blessed!

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Ah, so that's what Oops was up to. I thought she delivered the baby just for Tommy's peace of mind, but I'll still hang around to see what the kid turns out like.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Oh Dr John, you're not alone, I too don't have much luck! It's why I stopped playing the lotto!
Love Di

9:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love Monk too!

I decided to give God all of the control a long time ago too!

God bless your weekend Dr. John!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I love #13 on your list!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I always thought a Raven and a Crow were the One in the Same. Great customer service is hard to find, glad you had good luck with your Van. I don't know what a Blingo is, I'll have to google search.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so unlucky, I haven't even had my name drawn once!!
And like Melli, I can't believe you didn't tell us more than "it's a BOY"!! Name, weight, height (length), APGAR, and at some point Pastor Joan needs to give us her labor & birth stories.

Off to contemplate God's goodness & provision...

6:10 PM  
Blogger BBC said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I've got to learn to trust in God to provide. I always worry about money or the lack of it.


$17 for all that work done on the van! Sounds like a great place to do business.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

That's good news your morgage became cheaper ! Pension loss is frustrating !

11:15 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

I have been struck by that compulsion three times -the night before each of my children was born, as a matter of fact. (The last time, I sprayed the oven with Easy-Off and went to bed but forgot to tell either my husband or my Mom (who came over in the wee hours of the morning to stay with the other children when I went to the hospital) and when my husband (ex, now) came home about six hours later and went to heat something up, he ended up having to clean the oven first. My Mom said she saw what was going on when he opened the oven door and just ignored it all, pretending she knew nothing. Pretty sneaky, huh? But, very effective way to get someone else -like one's husband -to clean the oven and I loved it and speaking of loving things, I do love reading your Friday 14! Very interesting.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home