Friday, October 02, 2009

Fourteen on Friday

Today's Saying

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams

Click HERE to get to my 55s

What you are about to read leans on the truth and bends it ever so little . But in the process every Friday you will catch a glimpse of me.And I save the cost of a psychiatrist.

1. No geese in the field this week. I know I shouldn’t but I miss them. ( stems from a conflicted psyche-hate winter more than geese)
2. Board of pensions cutting my pension $3000 next year . I am depressed . ( stems from too much concern about money)
3. Got the camera battery recharged in right charger. ( Stems from pure luck)
4. Now have finished three books from the unread book pile . ( Stems from taking books with me to where I have to wait for Betty and Pennie– See you can teach an old man new tricks)
5. Remembered painting the flashing on Grandmother’s two and a half story house by bouncing along the top when I was 12. It occurred to me that they would put an adult in jail for letting a kid do that today.( Stems from reading on a blog about people being upset that a ten year old walked to school alone)
6. Finally got around to starting a new contest on this blog. ( Stems from the fact that even procrastinators act sometimes)
7. Note dragon’s wing is still off ( Stems from the fact that one procrastinating ending act doesn’t change other procrastination.)
8. I have a poor man sitting in jail, a town about to be destroyed, and a secret agent who may get killed and haven’t a clue as to what to do with any of them ( Stems from lack of long term planning)
9. My niche in history is secure as of last week I am the creator of the dumb ass internet award. ( Stems from my grade school art teacher and what she thought of my art.)
10. I can taste the lava soap because of number 9 . ( Stems from ma and words she didn’t let me use)
11. I was upset with Quilly for telling us to pick words from the old list instead of giving us words. ( Stems from my dislike of making decisions and my need for directions)
12. Peter came to visit on Thursday. It was nice to have him here without the kids. ( Stems from my need to spend a little time with my first born.)
13. Didn’t like the new spin off from NCIS. The only thing on the program worthwhile was the boss lady. She’d make a good NCIS Director. ( Stems from my very high regard for the original. I like all those characters.)
14. They keep taking my scissors so I have no way to cut the contest tabs in the morning. (Stems from fear of leaving old man unsupervised with sharp instrument.)


(Click on the Pigeon Falls Graphic for previous chapters.)
Tommy UK looked at Herman and knew they were doomed. They could protect themselves and even destroy a few aliens but around them was nothing but destruction.
The town was now on fire. People lay dead on the streets. The dragons which had tried to take out the space ships had been vaporized. The man in black was gone forever.
It looked like the end of Pigeon Falls and all mankind.
That's when Tommy heard the voice.
It said " Tommy! Release the power."
Tommy had no idea what the voice meant. If he turned off his power the aliens would vaporize him. It must be a trick.
The voice came again. " Tommy! Release the power now! I can help but you must release the power".
Tommy wanted to trust that voice but it made no sense.
He would not surrender. He would not give up.
Again the voice. " Tommy! Stop the power now! Let us in. We can help."
Tommy-" Is that you Oops?"
But who is it? How can they help? What should he do?
Is this the end of Pigeon Falls and Tommy?
Is there somebody out there that can help ?
What will Tommy do?
Tomorrow these question may or may not be answered but one can hope.




And the name Betty drew yesterday is Gattina. If she draws it again today Gattina gets what is in the treasure chest.
We will announce the drawing right after it occurs.

Betty has come into the computer room and drawn a name.
It was not Gattina.
Sorry Gattina

The name is

.

.

..

Diana

If we draw her name tomorrow she gets what is in the treasure chest.
Stop over and wish her luck.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tommy, I think you should listen!!!

Crossing my fingers for Gattina...

And totally understanding #7 (although, if you had repaired the dragon's wing, would that one have been able to help Pigeon falls?)
Let's start a blog chapter of Procrastinators'R'us.... tomorrow....

3:52 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

I have a problem in my house with disappearing scissors. I always have to hide them I forget where I hid them. I figure someday I'll hit pay dirt and will have all of the scissors that I need.
I heard a voice in my head only one time. Twenty years later, I am glad that I listened to it. It said " Turn around and kiss him." And I did. We will be married twenty years in December!
Love Di

4:25 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

One always learns something new when they visit here.

5:10 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Sooooo... how does Diana FEEL about finger puppets? she didn't say...

Oh SHAME on you worrying about losing $3000 a year from your pension... GOOD thing you just refinanced!!! Sheeeeesh!

LOL! #8 -- THINK ... or stall! Those are your options, right!? LMBO!

I CAN see that Tommy is in a real quandry! I think this was all just a dream... WAKE UP TOMMY! WAKE UP!!! Honestly... I mean, I could HANDLE the mib being a puddle... but don't MESS with the dragons!!!!

6:27 AM  
Blogger DawnTreader said...

"one procrastinating ending act doesn’t change other procrastination" ...
Ah, such wisdom ;) (deep sigh from another procrastinator)

7:41 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I love #11 on your list. I'm the same way!

9:14 AM  
Blogger aims said...

I remember doing a ton of things that people don't do today. I am always amazed when I read or hear stuff like that. It always ends in a 'What! Are you kidding me? I remember when.....'

Tommy - can you hear me now?

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was glad Quilly did what she did with last weeks words. It helped me dramatically. Sorry to hear about the pension my friend. Again thanks for the award :) Hmmm Pigeon Falls...Tommy UK needs to get on it and quit procrastinating so much. But I think he comes by it honestly :)

11:49 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Oh no, they cut your pension?! That's just not right.

And they took your scissors! Maybe it's ok, we all need supervision with sharp instruments. I've got the scars to prove it.

Have a good weekend.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous favourite world said...

Nice one

9:37 PM  
Anonymous health fitness care said...

goog one

9:37 PM  
Anonymous quilly said...

I think Tommy should listen. Sometimes doing what doesn't make sense really is the most sensible thing.

And prepare yourself to be mad at me the first Thursday of every month Dr. John ......

10:02 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Your post was very amusing today, lol !
and I again ??? that's not possible,with the luck I have usually ! there must be nobody else in the bucket !

2:19 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

See, I said it, lol ! I saw my name didn't go further and didn't see the new name Diana. I think Betty cheats (hehehe), she always draws twice the same name, with Melli it was the same.

2:23 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

I'd be mighty upset too if my pension got nipped back to the tune of $3,000! Oh wait. Social Security granted me a raise back in January but that put my annual income apparently a tad above some income guideline so the state then took away the assistance they were giving me by paying my medicare payment each month so that raise cost me $96 a month and now, my ss is $36 a month less than it was back in December of last year. Back to what I was getting 4 years ago! Such is progress, huh?

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home