Thursday, October 01, 2009

Another Great Blog to Visit

Today's Saying

We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence, Grandmother was that person to me. ~Phyllis Theroux

It is time to share with you another of my favorite blogs.
If you need a grandmother this is the blog for you. Here a lovely lady shares her adventures with two autistic grandchildren that live with her. She is everything you want a grandmother to be , kind loving and always there. Plus she has all those wonderful hobbies that grandmother's come equipped with. I really enjoy my visits there.


It started this morning.
Tommy UK was having breakfast when suddenly his parents left the house and stood in the middle of the road.
He put on his special hat, took his bicycle and pedaled as fast as he could to Last Lutheran. But by the time he got there three space ships were unloading alien soldiers, rank after rank. There was no time to get the people off the streets. All those carefully laid plans for nothing.
Quickly Tommy and Herman stood between the enemy and the people of Pigeon Falls. They would do their best to protect them.
Suddenly the man in black appeared and stood between Herman and Tommy.
"I told you he would show up " Tommy said to Herman.
They studied the aliens in front of them. They looked almost human. Tommy hadn't expected that. There was something odd about their faces but they had two arms, two legs, and looked right. They could pass as a rather ugly human being.
Without warning a purple ray came from one of the rocket ships hitting the man in black and he dissolved into a puddle on the road. Instantly Tommy and Herman acted to shield themselves. When the purple ray hit them it was reflected back to the first row of alien soldiers who then became puddles on the road.
But the next row stepped forward.
The doors of Danelson's big barn opened and out came one of those woolly elephant like creatures ridden by a strange creature with a weapon.
They charged the first row of alien soldiers smashing them to the ground while using the weapon to destroy the second row. But before they could turn and start again the purple ray from the ship hit them and they became a puddle.
Then the next woolly elephant creature with just a bouncing head on top charged out and took out two more rows of aliens before becoming a puddle.
Then the huge spider came throwing out webs. Every alien touched by the web died on the spot. The spider took out four rows of aliens and a few in the rows behind before being puddled.
But still the aliens kept coming from the space ships. Every alien destroyed was replaced by another.
All that was left now was Tommy UK and Herman.
Behind them lay dead and dieing Pigeon Falls residents, hit by the alien attempts to defend themselves.,
Is this the end of Pigeon Falls?
Can Tommy and Herman do nothing?
Is our entire world doomed?
Will the next ugly person you see really be an alien?
Some of these questions might be answered tomorrow in Pigeon Falls.




And the name Betty drew yesterday is MELLI. If she draws it again today Melli gets what is in the treasure chest.
We will announce the drawing right after it occurs.

Betty is up and she has pulled a name from the bucket.

It wasn't Melli.
Sorry Melli.

But today's name is


Gattina

If her name is drawn again tomorrow she wins what is in the treasure chest. Yes we will ship to other countries. It just adds to the fun. And for Gattina we would substitute the pre-read book " Fourteen Cat Tales" for " A Lion Among Men"

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will have to pay a visit :)

My gosh so much happening in Piegon Falls. I certainly hope this is not the end. I think Tommy and Herman can save the day :)

1:10 AM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

That looks an interesting blog.

1:21 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

IS IT TOMMORROW YET!?

2:54 AM  
Blogger DawnTreader said...

Oh my. A lot seems to have been happening in Pigeon Falls since I popped in last...!

5:04 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Pigeon Falls doomed? I don't think so. Perhaps if they invite the aliens to a potluck at the church all will be well!
Love Di

6:03 AM  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Dear God! You know how to keep a person on the edge of his seat!

If you turn it into (a) a screenplay and a movie or (b) an electronic game, you should make millions of dollars.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

I'll go pay the visit. And hope tomorrow pick up my name... Yes!
And for the saying , my mother!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Oh, so much excitement: ugly people aliens and your contest. I am so beside myself I may turn into a puddle. :)

PS. Please check your reader if you are not seeing new posts for me. It seems my feed address changed while I was gone. I am posting daily. And most importantly, Rabbit, Rabbit!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Darn Darn Darn! I really wanted those finger puppets! Good LUCK to Gattina!

The MIB is a PUDDLE??? THAT wasn't supposed to happen! I'm getting nervous NOW... but I know Herman and Tommy will figure this out! Tommy DOES have his ring with him, right? They need giant reflector shields or something... Bouncing head goo... OOPS!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Dr. John -Such a glowing description of me, I am flattered you perceive me and my blog in that light. However, I have to add that this is one of those rare occasions that I am rather grateful none of my kids are bloggers and that they don't read the blogs I follow. Why is that? Because if they were to read your description of me, they would -all three of 'em -be rolling on the floor, howling with laughter, pointing fingers at me and saying "He sure doesn't know the real you, does he?" They each have their own little stories about me and my temper, my lack of patience, my off-color vocabulary too (although older daughter has some choice words that even I don't use but she forgets about that) Although, they will also tell you that with time, age -and grandchildren -all added to the mix of me, I am a much more mellow person than I was when they were growing up.
I've always said though that "Patience is a virtue" -but I am not a very virtuous person. Guess that does explain some of my quirks, doesn't it>
Thank you for putting me and my blog in the spotlight though as I really do appreciate that and consider it to be quite an honor.
Peace.

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

It's quite the pitched battle. So many aliens. I hope they can hold out.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Thanks for the heads up on the blog of the week.

I didn't win, I didn't even get my name drawn out! :(

11:29 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Love your todays saying DJ! My grandmother was everything to me!
<><

12:38 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Thanks for sharing this new blog to visit Dr John, You have such wonderful places to visit.

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAAaaaaaahh! Now I have to wait for the rest of the story!
You caught me by surprise, too. I thought it would be next week, and instead I am lured into peaceful thoughts of grandmothers and then, BAM! Puddles! Aliens!

I am worried about Pigeon Falls.
Can anything be done for the dead and dying? Will the dragons come to the rescue? Is Pastor Joan in labor?

10:13 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Oh my ! I came out of the bucket ??? I never won anything in my life, so if it rains today here it's your fault, I mean in case I would win, lol !
My grandma meant a lot to me, more then my parents ! she was a very impressive and modern woman and had a lot of (good) influence on me.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read this article. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such stories. I like to read articles like that. Just add more pics :)

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home