Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Best Award Ever

Today's Saying
Awards become corroded, friends gather no dust.
Jesse Owens


Anywhere you go on the internet these days you run into internet awards.
They are everywhere.
The same award repeated over and over and over again.
They are cute.
They are funny.
They are creative.
They are meaningless.
If everybody has the same award they are certainly not special.
I could fight the trend but I have decided not to .
Instead I have decided to create and bestow ( inflict) one of my own.
If you can’t beat them join them. Here is my contribution:
It comes with the usual rules.
1. Pass it on to at least one other blog but the more the better.
2. Never ever tell anybody who gave it to you. ( Link backs not allowed)
3. Make a nice acceptance speech.
Examples of acceptable acceptance speeches:

AS deserving as I am of this award I can not believe that they finally woke up and gave it to me. I have always striven to uphold the high ideals this award represents. You did well in selecting me.

Using Quilly’s Words:
Given the paucity of mellifluous isangelous blogs, how could you obstrigillate the awarding of this opprobrious award to this blog. I accept with great pleasure.

As a Raven’s Mini Challenge:
This blog, having roughly no bowling monsters in the closet from Pennsylvania on its menu for the day, is proud to accept this award.

As a flash 55 poem:
I am so very happy
I could thank my pappy
And a bunch of others
Like my silly younger brothers
But I shan't and can't
Though I shall not rant
I am responsible just me
I hope this you see
So I grab this award
It strikes the right chord
My faith has been restored.

As a six word Saturday
Enough already! Give me the award.

And now with a drum roll and the blast of a virtual trumpet I award this award to the following:

Thom

Becca-Beccas Back Yard


JennyMac-Lets Have a Cocktail

Liz-Mommy’s Little Corner

Slacker-Chic

Thom was picked because I know he just loves to give these away. The other four were picked by a random generator from a list of visitors that commented on my blog in the last month. For such an award a random generator seemed the best way to go. But if you feel slighted say so in a comment and I will officially award it to you. Far be it from me to slight anybody.
Good blogging and may you receive many awards.


(Click on the Pigeon Falls Graphic for previous chapters.)

Eino called his friend at Homeland Security and told him that there was an indication that Pigeon Falls was going to be attacked by an alien invasion force. His friend just laughed and asked what Eino had been drinking. There will be no help coming from there.
And where in the world is the man in black. Will he arrive in time ?
It looks like our little group is on their own.
Where is that alien force? Why hasn't it come?
As if things weren't complicated enough it is almost time for Pastor Joan to have her baby. The group is trying to get her to go and stay with friends in Iron Mountain until the baby comes but she absolutely refuses to leave them. She says she is Pastor of Last Lutheran which alone can give sanctuary when the battle comes. She has an obligation to be here. Besides if the battle comes and they lose, the entire world will follow and Iron Mountain will not be a place of escape. Herman is afraid she will have the baby in the midst of the battle and they may not be able to get her some help.
She answered that by pointing out several of the women who should be at the church have midwife training. And if everything goes right the Nurse Practicioner may be there as well.



And the name Betty drew is Mama Zen
If she is drawn again tomorrow she wins what is in the treasure chest.
Good luck.

Have added these little finger puppets to treasure chest.

21 Comments:

Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

I am so happy with last week's *Blog of the Week* that I am still celebrating... but whenever you create one of these awards again, I'll appreciate it if you think about me.
Thanks Dr!

2:21 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Dr. John, have I told you lately that I love you? You have a marvelous sense of humor and Thom should be honored that you went to all this trouble!

Rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-my-donkey-off!

3:00 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Leave it to you to come up with an award that has real meaning. Very funny.

3:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might be sad about not receiving this award of a donkey's behind wearing a dunce cap (the donkey, not his behind!)... but that might be the lack of sleep talking...

Pastor Joan may just give new meaning to bringing a baby to church! Yikes!

5:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like the award...very fun! Great presentation too! Congratulations.

5:27 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ya know... I'm sitting here remember our blog award conversation from April.... and I, too, am LAUGHING MY BUTT OFF! You have traveled in and out of EVERY window around this blog award topic in the past 5 months! Thom is gonna LOVE it!

I LOVE those finger puppets!!! They must have been Happy Meal toys once upon a time!

OF COURSE Pastor Joan is going to have Baby Bop in the midst of the battle! It wouldn't be Pigeon Falls, OR Last Lutheran, or Pastor Joan if that DIDN'T happen! And the baby shall be named VICTORIA! (or Victor!)

Oh! Speaking of "Victor" -- our new Vicar - Seth - was telling us last night that the some of the pre-schoolers think his first name is Victor! So he has become Victor Seth instead of Vicar Seth!!! LOL!

5:27 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

If I leave 5 comments today do I get 5 slips in the bucket? *shrug* ... just trying to work the system!

5:31 AM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

It is nice that you created your own award. And I like your reasoning why you created it.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

I completely side with Pastor Joan. It is her choice after all.

Quite a clever award there Dr. John!
Love Di

6:12 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

LOL thank you for this award. I will anonymously pass it on soon :)

7:49 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Things are in a real mess in Pigeon Falls aren't they?

Paster Joan will let God lend a hand. That's all there is to it.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Congrats to all the winners on the Award. You realize we will not hear the end of it from Thom now,

11:46 AM  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Leave it to a Finn to create a character named Eino....

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MAHLAO MAHALO MAHALO. Oh Dr. John...you are a kind and generous man and I'm glad you have come into my life. I am deeply touched an honored :) I do appreciate this and it's been posted on my blog. WOOT...thank you Again and Again :)

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

I got a feeling that baby is going to be born right in the middle of everything. Hopefully everything won't include a pitched battle.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

What?? Using Quilly's Words? I need a dictionary. Good thing they have them on-line!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

Congrats to you and to your winners...there's nothing like a little bloggy bling, huh?

6:43 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

I just got this award from Thom who gave it to a whole alphabet of bloggers ! When at the very beginning of my blogging career I got my first award, I was sooooo proud, because I thought it was unic ! 3 years later I have so many awards, that I can't count them anymore, some of them in double or triple, in short I should make an Award blog, lol !

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Liz said...

Yeehah! Thank you Dr. John. It certainly made me smile. I will come back for it later, :)

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Liz said...

The award is up! You can find it here. Thanks again. :)

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home