Saturday, September 19, 2009

My life in six words


Today's Saying

We can destroy ourselves by cynicism and disillusion, just as effectively as by bombs. ~Kenneth Clark

Dog is Smarter than I am

(Click on the Pigeon Falls Graphic for previous chapters.)

It is Saturday and time to look back on the week in Pigeon Falls.
Monday- All kinds of strange things happened. People missed fifteen minutes of a program they were watching, a number of people had water overflow and do small amounts of damage, two people were talking on the phone and just stopped without hanging up, some farm animals escaped from gates left open, and according to the cleaning crew at Last Lutheran people went and stood on the rod for fifteen minutes but non of them remembered it later. It was a strange day for Pigeon Falls.
Tuesday-Mrs. Pemberthy had a vision and it scared her half to death. She was looking out at the beautiful sky when these things appeared. Huge spaceships with strange markings circling Pigeon Falls. Strange creatures seemed to drop from the ships to the ground where everybody was just standing on the road. But it was just a vision and it ended. Though she is a Methodist she attends one of Herman's Bible classes and she told Herman about the vision.
Wednesday- Mrs. Trumble contacted a Milwaukee Piano Tuner to see if he could really tune a piano blindfolded. She is still waiting for an answer.
Thursday-Calab gave Tammy and several others new hats.
Friday- Tommy UK gets a new hat.

18 Comments:

Anonymous quilly said...

Why does Tommy have to wait until Friday for his hat? AND, I am afraid of those Flying Saucers.

2:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still working on the piano...geeze...it must be way off key :) Good saying :)

2:40 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Great saying of the day, I don't think the dog is smarter

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe I am always learning

3:50 AM  
Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

When a dog’s smarter
than the owner, it is time
to learn some new tricks!

My Six Words

4:41 AM  
Anonymous Jim said...

Hey Dr. John, I guess you dog doesn't have to mess with all the sillieness that seems to be going around at Pigeon Falls.

Did you try my quick apple pie recipe yet?
..
I have a smart dog too, Adi's meme
..

5:00 AM  
Blogger Betty W said...

What kind of dog is it? :)

Happy SWS!

5:27 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

Uhoh! I feel an alien invasion in the wind of Pigeon Falls!!! And don't despair, my dog is smarter than I am, too...and most of the cats. Now that's sad.
Sandi

5:46 AM  
Blogger Call Me Cate said...

Sounds like a crazy busy week! I don't want to take any chances of the dog being smarter than I am so I don't have a dog. Thanks for playing 6WS!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

So Maggie's outsmarted you again, huh?! Has she taken over the new couch?

I do not think anyone should wear those hats! I'm strongly feeling that the FREE ones are the ones who were in the church! EVERYONE else is slaves! I think. Until further notice...

8:03 AM  
Blogger Gretta said...

it's amazing how smart our pets can be isn't it?

8:10 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

My six word are:
I always feel better after walking.

8:17 AM  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

If I were going to play the six words game, which I am not, I think I would say something like "A nice hot bath works wonders."

You may substitute "cold shower" as the occasion warrants.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

I just came back to comment on your six words. They cracked me up. Has Maggie gotten you throughly trained yet, or are you still trying to prove you're in charge?

4:22 PM  
Blogger Mamí♥Picture said...

☼¨`*•.♥LOL♥.•*¨`☼
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

7:15 PM  
Blogger jabblog said...

Everyone's smarter than me I think ;-)

1:59 AM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

Today's Saying


We can destroy ourselves by cynicism and disillusion, just as effectively as by bombs. ~Kenneth Clark


So so very true....!

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Marisa @ Getting Back To Basics said...

Six words:

"I don't think you are alone."

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home