Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sharing Friends

Today's Saying

Thousands of geniuses live and die undiscovered - either by themselves or by others. ~Mark Twain


It is time to share with you another of my favorite blogs.

If you like deep philosophical thinking you could drown here.
If you want to take a hard look at English government you'll find it here.
If your interested in odd English things you'll find that here.
If you like short fiction including flash 55 and Quilly's words you'll find it here.
If you like short crisp poetry you'll find it here.

The problem is you'll find all of the above and a little more in a single post making it hard to comment. He just overwhelms you with thoughts.

Now he is cutting back to two posts a week but he is clearly worth a visit.

(Click on the Pigeon Falls Graphic for previous chapters.)

Calab , with great reluctance, told Herman that the man in black was not a friend and not a Guardian. Instead he was part of the alien force that was coming. He had been sent ahead to do three things.
1. Get rid of the Guardian for this sector. The true man in black.
2. Prevent any other dimension from attacking Pigeon Falls.
3. Prevent any dimension from sending help by sealing off doorways.
The real Guardian he had trapped in a rift between worlds while convincing the Guardian Council he had been destroyed by demons.
The bouncing heads, woolly elephant like things, and the giant spider were part of a group coming to help defend Pigeon Falls not attack it. The man in black got Tommy UK to help seal the opening to prevent that help not save Pigeon Falls.
Herman knew that Calab believed what he was saying but was it true? Or had Calab been mislead by the bouncing heads? How could one tell?
Perhaps the driblet would help.

10 Comments:

Blogger Rinkly Rimes said...

I feel it's more important to discover ones own genius and gloat on it privately than to receive universal commendation! Not that I ever do.....of course!

2:12 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Trust the free ones! The ones not trapped in the rift between worlds - -with Tommy's DAD!

And like you, I find much to like on Tony's blog. It is very interesting. It is almost too interesting. I usually leave there with my head spinning!

3:08 AM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

Thanks for the mention and link. You raise a criticism I've come across before. I started my blog two and a half years ago after nearly 25 years of research and writing. Finally getting a window, I went a little mad with my ideas. I was calming down when I discovered the prompt sites about 18 months ago. That sent me on another bender, leading to me developing the Magazine Post format I use today. I'm beginning to calm down - I think ... maybe ... :-)

5:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds very interesting, and eclectic...both very agreeable to me! I will definitely be heading over to check him out!

God bless Dr. John!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Oh ... dear... the evil comes from ABOVE... but the bouncing heads and things came from beneath the ground... hmmmm... at least that's where we THINK they came from. Could be NOTHING is as we believe... Herman is GOOD though - and we KNOW he is also GOOD at discernment! Tommy is young and could have been lead astray by his deep need to know his father... Oh boy... I just don't know! WHERE will this lead!?!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I love the line about drowning in the deep philosophical thinking. I'll bring my floaties!

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinks coming from above and from below...it's just head spinning :)

11:22 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Anthony's blog is full of interesting and fun stuff. :)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

I've always wondered and almost known I'm an undiscovered genius- just another matter of self-esteem...
Whereas> You ARE (a well known one) to me.
Come by and wish me a Happy birthday my dearest Dr.- will you? Thank you:)
See you tomorrow in the 55...

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree - Mark Twain.
Geniuses need geniuses to discover they exist.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home