Friday, September 11, 2009

My Own Meme

Today's Saying

One of the advantages bowling has over golf is that you seldom lose a bowling ball. ~Don Carter


Click HERE to get to my 55s


There are memes that are borrowed, memes that are stolen, memes that are created out of some ladies imagination but they didn’t satisfy me. I wanted a meme created just for me ( selfish, I am) by you my blog friends. So on Wednesday I set about to create one. I neglected then to tell you as you played the game I set up that you were creating
“ My Very Own Meme”
But you were . You did. And you did well.
Here then is the meme created by my blog friends.

My Very Own Meme

Blogger Thom - What kind of shampoo do you use?
I never use shampoo. That’s why at seventy I have no grey hair.

Blogger Hobo .- Define cricket.
Cricket is a game played by people who would rather play baseball but are English.

Quilly –What brand of ice cream do you prefer?
Have no favorite brand but I have a favorite flavor: Cherry Vanilla.

Blogger anthonynorth - What's your favourite kind of music?
Sad old ballads from years and years ago. For example “ Dead in the Baggage Car Ahead”CHORUS: While the train rolled onward, a husband sat in tears, Thinking of the happiness of just a few short years. For baby's face brings pictures of a cherished hope that's dead, But baby's cries can't waken her in the baggage coach ahead.

Blogger Rinkly Rimes - What do you like most about yourself?
When your as great as I think I am there is no most it is all wonderful.

Blogger Dulce - What do you like least about yourself?
There is absolutely nothing to not like about me.

Blogger Diana - What is your favorite thing to read?
Believe it or not it is still the Oz books. I own every book that Frank Baum wrote. And still enjoy running away to Oz.

Blogger Melli – How do you get ear drops in a dragon?
With a squirt gun while he or she is sleeping. Shoot and run like heck.

kcinnova - What is one thing you are looking forward to today?
Still being alive tonight. It’s the little things that count.

Gabriella - What is your opinion of politics in general?
A necessary evil in Democracy. It produces ( makes face) politicians.

Gattina - Have you ever kissed a frog ?
Yes. But it died soon after.

Mama Zen - What are you cooking for dinner?
I seldom cook dinner but I make a great breakfast muffin.

Liz - What is your favorite food?
A picnic pasty but it gives me such indigestion.

Trudy - Are you a night owl or a morning person?
I used to be a night owl but now with breathing masks, pills, schedules I have become a morning person. Up eery morning at 5:00

Lou - What is the last movie you saw?
The last Harry Potter Movie “ The Halfblood Prince”

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} - What do your Prefer, Walking on a Warm Spring Evening, Or Swimming on a Hot Summer's Day??
Swimming but it is hard with an oxygen tank.

Melli - How many comments do YOU average per day on your blog?
Average you ask. Lets see one day there was thirty , one day six, one day nineteen. This is hard. Do you want a yearly avenge or a monthly average or last week’s average. Perhaps an average of several weeks average. I think my slide rule is in the basement. This is hard. Good job I’m a math major. The average of a randomized four weeks with the highest and lowest number removed comes to 11. 234666000999000666000444 Of course that's rounded up.

Lori's Minute - What is your most prized possession?
I would write Betty but you don’t possess people you just love them so I would have to say either my old Marx Engine or my Grandfather's Bible. But then there is that World Series baseball signed by every player that played in the series that year but I’m not sure where I put it.

Melissa B. - Question: What's a good cure for writer's block?
A slap on the back of the head. Just look at what it does for the Agents on NCIS every week.

Thank you all . I enjoyed your meme.

(Click on the Pigeon Falls Graphic for previous chapters.)

Since Petrovich posted his latest driblet Herman has been setting aside time every day to pray for Pigeon Falls and Last Lutheran. He is praying that God would protect Last Lutheran from whatever is coming. He is praying that God would protect Pastor Joan and her unborn baby. He is praying for power to fight the evil.
In the midst of such a prayer he had a vision. A black shadow fell over Pigeon Falls but Last Lutheran put out a light of its own. People in the Church could not be touched by the shadow.
Herman shared his vision with Pastor Joan who was doing her own praying. She believed Herman had a real vision.
She knew most of her fellow pastors and her Bishop would think she was crazy but they hadn't lived in Pigeon Falls. Pigeon Falls changes your perspective on things.
She told her husband that at the first sign that something was happening she was going to the Church and would stay there until it was over. Her husband knew better than to argue with her.
Mrs. Trumble continued to look for some way to tune the piano. She read all the adds by piano tuners in the Milwaukee paper and one add jumped out at her. It said:
" So good we can tune a piano blindfolded".

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Dr. John BRILLIANT. I loved your answers and you did well. I love all your answers :) Well done :)

They need to take care of that piano in Pigeon Falls...

1:12 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

What a clever way to create a meme!! Brilliant! Loved your answers!!

1:54 AM  
Blogger butterflies said...

You are amazing as always.
Words must just be dancing around in your head :)

2:34 AM  
Blogger Russell said...

Most interesting and insightful comments! I especially liked your answer to "What do you like most about yourself?" - heh!! Also enjoyed learning you like to read the Oz books -- there are certainly quite a few of them!

Take care and be careful when putting those ear drops in dragons!!

6:11 AM  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

A very good meme, Dr. John, and I enjoyed your answers most of all.

I hesitate to point it out to you (blush, blush), but I think you meant picnic pastry.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Very clever Dr. John. No flies on you! Love Di

8:07 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Hahaha ! it was nice to read all the answers. Was great fun !

8:46 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

LOL! I LOVED this meme! And I sO agree with you on what is BEST about you! Loved your answer to BOTH of MY questions... and ... LOTS of swimmers use oxygen tanks! They call themselves scuba divers! I don't recommend it for you though! I'm grateful for the "little things" too - and you being alive at the end of the day is in my TOP TEN things I'm thankful for! ;)

Ohhhhh boy! Mrs. Trumble's going to hold them to it, isn't she? Can't WAIT to see how THIS goes!

Something tells me that Pastor Joan's BABY is going to be born IN the church! Somehow I just SEE this coming!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

So creative! Yes Dr. John you are awesome. :)

10:11 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Dr John ~ You are So smart with doing this Meme. I really liked your answers.

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

I missed the meme? That's what I get for always going straight to Pigeon Falls.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Quilly said...

You are sneaky -- and it was brilliant! This was a great meme. I especially loved that the questions were all posed by different people you interact with.

And Mrs. Tremble is one brilliant lady.

5:15 PM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

This was an excellent idea for a meme. And you did great with the answers.

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home