Saturday, September 12, 2009

My life in six words

Today's Saying

We do not err because truth is difficult to see. It is visible at a glance. We err because this is more comfortable.
~Alexander Solzhenitsyn



The health debate makes me sick



(Click on the Pigeon Falls Graphic for previous chapters.)

It is Saturday and time to look back on the week in Pigeon Falls.
Monday- The bouncing head showed up in Grandma Moose's driveway again while she was hanging up sheets on the line. It spat and she spat back. They both smiled. She isn't afraid of them anymore and she swears that the spit is the best cure for rheumatism in the knees.
Tuesday- The poor DNR Agent has no idea how a woolly elephant like creature can move in the woods without leaving a trail of some kind. But it seems to be doing just that. He knows there is at least one out there . He saw it in the Pigeon Days parade. But Calab isn'yt talking and he can't find a trace. His boss in Lansing wants a picture. He doesn't have one of those either. Soon he may be called in to see the agency psychologist.
Wednesday- Nancy noticed that people were becoming less and less concerned about the latest Petrovich Driblet. People coming in were now more concerned with ghost piano tuning.
Thursday- Herman and Tommy UK met to talk over the driblet. Herman shared his vision with Tommy and Tommy noted that when the event came the Church would be a sanctuary. He wanted to be sure his adoptive parents and Tammy got to the Church.
Friday-Tommy UK tried to use his rock to take him to the man in black but the attempt failed. He needed a vision of where the man was.

28 Comments:

Blogger Jientje said...

Very well said!

1:50 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Dr, Your quotes give me food to think every day... Thank you. In following ur advice i'm writing with + joy little by little. Thanks

2:35 AM  
Blogger Drahdrah said...

Very ironic !

2:53 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Me too Dr J., me too.
<><

6:12 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I totally agree with those 6 words.

This is very strange for people not to be upset by the new driblet. How does Petrovich FEEL about this?

I absolutely LOVE what you've done with the Fortress! That is a MIGHTY Fortress! WOW!

6:41 AM  
Blogger Gemma Wiseman said...

Love the neat "no nonsense" irony in these words! A paradox to be sure!

6:46 AM  
Blogger monica said...

I agree with your 6 words! Happy 6WS!

6:55 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

I like the castle and the succinct sentence.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Barry said...

What?

What have I stumbled on here (or into here)?

Dare I risk reading further?

7:24 AM  
Blogger Betty W said...

Me too! And I´m not even from your country!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Finding Pam said...

The health care debate makes me sick, too.

I like your new fortress. It looks very solid. Do you get lost in it?

8:01 AM  
Blogger Lindy said...

All I can say to that is amen and amen!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

me too.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

I agree....so sick of hearing about it.

Thanks for coming by my blog...

10:49 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Interesting challenge.

"She came, she went, nobody noticed."

11:44 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hey Dr. John, I've got my apple pie recipe up now. It really is quick and easy to make.

I like your words. Cut out the chatter and pass something so our hurting people can have equitable health care. American is too big for what is going on!
..
Blogging--I like your weekly quick lool-back. I have tried similar and it got out of hand. Yours is nice, you don't try to cove the whole realm of your activities for the week. Just teasers.

I have a Dr. Jim blog, Ask Dr. Jim (blog). I have been neglecting it lately due to some pressing personal commitments which are having priority in my life at this time.
..

11:46 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

I couldn't agree more!

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Quilly said...

I would like to visit the new Fortress! It looks grand.

I am way six of the health care debates, too!

And I want some spit from those bouncing heads!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Amen Dr John

1:16 PM  
Blogger Call Me Cate said...

Great six words. Thanks for playing along.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Make it stop!!!

2:34 PM  
Blogger J Mac said...

Thanks for stopping by! Love your blog, I'm stalking you now... I mean following! =D

3:26 PM  
Blogger tilden talks... said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:00 PM  
Blogger tilden talks... said...

dr john, i love your words! your very own meme was a blast too. a slap on the back of the head, indeed!

5:02 PM  
Blogger maddie/cadesmimi said...

I agree with your six words whole-heartedly...Kathy

6:13 PM  
Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Good congresspeople,
you’re making us sick with your
endless blathering!

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooraay for your six words. :) I so agree

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your quote for today is SO right-on-the-money. *sigh*

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home