Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sharing Friends

Today's Saying

A poem begins with a lump in the throat. ~Robert Frost

It is time to share with you another of my favorite blogs.

Those of you who are regular readers of this blog in all its parts know that I am no poet.
Those of you who read my poem a day in April are sure I’m not a poet.
But every day I go to this blog and read a poem.
Is it good poetry? I don’t know. I have no way to judge. It could be.
Is it great poetry ? I don’t know. I have no way to judge. It could be.
But I do know this.
I like it.
She writes with feeling from the heart.,
Sometimes the feeling is very sad.
Sometimes very happy.
But it is always genuine.
Even when I feel her premise is wrong I still enjoy the poem. It pushes me to think. That has to be good.
So go and give her a read.
You could enjoy it as well.



The group held another meeting after school last night. After much discussion bordering on arguing they decided that if and when there is another attack they will have blankets at the Church covered with that special spider web. Calab and Herman will take and throw the blanket over a group of people on the street breaking the alien control. Then they will walk them still protected by the blanket into Last Lutheran and Sanctuary. As rapidly as possible the men in the group and some ladies will be given special hats and blankets and sent out to bring in more. They will in this way get as many off the street as possible before the battle begins.
As far as the man in black is concerned Tommy UK insisted that they trust him and assume that though the heads are on their side they got the story of the man in black wrong.
Late last night both Tommy UK and Tammy left their homes. Tammy returned at 4:00 in the morning and Tommy UK didn't come home at all.
When the first person came to the town hall looking for Mrs. Trumble she came out of the storage room and it looked like she had been crying.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the soul have its own voice, it is called poetry may be.

1:27 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Oh my oh my!
My dearest Doctor,
You have no idea what this means to me. You are such a great Man and so GENTLE as well. Fortunately I 've always known you do not belong to those I mentioned yesterday, otherwise I would never follow you every day. This bond between us... is it Mangic? I don't know.
Neither do I know if my poetry is good. I consider myself just an amateur.But you are right it's genuine and it comes from the heart. When I first read William Carlos William and Walt Whitman I understood rhythm is more important than rhyme... and rhythm is in your soul, and the words you select to describe your feelings.
And I think you are a poet too. Great? I don't know, but you write with your heart and soul and that's what counts.
THANK YOU so much for this-my dear friend.

5:00 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I have visited Dulce a time or two - I THINK she is a poet - but who knows? There are so many FAMOUS poets who I thought were NOT poets at all, that I must be completely unqualified to judge! Good poetry is all about what you LIKE! Therefore, if you LIKE her poems, she is indeed a GREAT poet!

WHAT a PLAN! The Grand Master of all things Pigeon Falls has got a whopper goin' on this time! Maybe a double WHOPPER - with cheese! But WHERE in the world - or universe - has Tommy UK gotten himself off to NOW? At a time like THIS??? And WHY is the Mayor crying? Oh... come tomorrow! Come quickly!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Sometimes the good guy wears black. I visit Dulce already. She speaks from the heart.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I'm heading that way!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Dr. John...I too love poetry and one of my favorite bloggers does all of her blogging in poetry form...you should check her out too. She is at http://welcometomyworldofpoetry.blogspot.com/

I am going over to check out your friend right now.

God bless!

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm so what's Tommy up to now and his mom crying? hmmm interesting. I'll have to go make a visit to her site.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

It is nice when you share your friends with us.

10:35 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Having an open mind about life is what it should be all about.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

After reading your recommendation & all the comments, I will do check out Dulce.

Pigeon Falls has had many interesting times, but this one seems to top them all. I am hanging on every word!

12:43 PM  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

I am definitely hooked on the current goings-on in Pigeon Falls.

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Oh, no. Poor Tommy. Or, maybe poor Mrs. Trumble.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore Dulce de Leche ice cream, so I imagine that I will also enjoy Dulce's poetry.

And for the record, your April poetry is quite wonderful!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Aunt Julie said...

Thanks for the comment on my white Ford Econoline van, Vanna White. I live in Neenah too! Small world. Did you enter my contest, where you win a prize if the name you suggest is chosen for a Leader Dog for the Blind puppy? You should! Will have to explore your blog more at length. Thanks.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home