Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday's Jumbled Meme

Today's Saying

A pile of rocks ceases to be a rock when somebody contemplates it with the idea of a cathedral in mind.
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

1) Men go topless at the beach. Why not women?
I do think it is unfair and there should be a law making men wear tops on the beach.
2) Describe one of your bad habits?
I would be glad to but not right now. I intend to though. I promise I will . Let’s see aside from procrastinate …
3) Have you ever broken something intentionally?
Do people really do that?
4) Do you ever read poetry?
Every day. I read poem written by a nice lady name Dulce.

5) How do you go about making a sandcastle?
You need lots of sand, some water and then you hire the nearest creative kid to build you one.

6) Are you a tidy person?
No

7) How is the traffic where you live?
No cars or trucks driving through my house. Just foot traffic where I live.

8) Are you usually late, early or right on time?
I don’t drive any more so it is up to Betty or Pennie.
9) Which would you rather have: a high salary or job satisfaction?
I made that choice years ago and opted for job satisfaction. It was the right choice.
10) If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose?
Eureka.

(Click on the Pigeon Falls Graphic for previous chapters.)

Despite the threat hanging over the town life in Pigeon Falls goes on.
Mrs. Trumble has contacted the Piano Tuner in Milwaukee and offered him a hundred dollars over his usual fee if he can tune the museum piano blindfolded. He has agreed to come and try and should arrive on the milk train on Wednesday.
Yesterday ,after Church, Herman, Calab, Tammy, Tommy UK, and Mrs. Trumble met in the fellowship hall of Last Lutheran. They went over the driblet together and then they brainstormed.
A real argument broke out over the man in black. Tommy UK wanted to trust him but Mrs. Trumble was now having some doubts. Calab really trusts the bouncing head and if they say the man in black is not what he claims to be he believes them.
They went on to discuss how to get the people off the street and into the Sanctuary of the church. The aliens have to know that they will be reluctant to fight them if the fight could result in the destruction of all the people on the street.
They agreeded to meet again Monday night after school.

16 Comments:

Anonymous quilly said...

Well, I suppose picking up all the people and carrying them off the streets isn't an option. Not time ... plus, leaving the church would freeze the rescuers as well.

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first question intelligent one.

2:44 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Somebody needs to make Pasties NOW so that when this happens they can take them to the church and ring the bells and the people will smell the pasties and come RUNNIN'! Right? That should do it!

You have never intentionally broken anything? Not even a PENCIL in 2nd grade? I went through a plate smashing phase once... Oh it felt SO GOOD! SO liberating!!! Soooo GREAT to get rid of those UGLY plates!!! LOL!

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've tried to break a few bad habits, but I can't say I've been successful.

6:34 AM  
Blogger aims said...

I'm worried that Calab trusts the bouncing heads so much. Would anyone else do that?

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your #9 That is the most important I think. I'm beginning to wonder about the bouncing head. Trouble seems to be brewing ever since they arrived.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Great answers Dr. John :)

12:10 PM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

The first one cracked me up. But I'mnot sure I want to see a man in a bikini top.

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

It's like the second season of Heroes - the good guys turn out to be suspicious and the bad guys start acting good.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Dr John ~ I had to do a double take and shake the head, I thought I was at Thom's and reading his answers.

Actually these were good, I had a good chuckle.

Today was a good day, I think it had to do with your prayers, Thank you.. I've posted about it.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Barkley's Mommy said...

Wow, wow, and wow! I am an educator who often has opportunities to work with "piles of rocks". I always see a cathedral ready to be built.

Dr. John, you are an inspiration, a motivator, and an amazing man.

I respect and cherish you, your thoughts, and your opinions~

~~~Anne

9:19 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

This stupid Star visits you too with his chinese ! I had 3 spams of him/her too. He/she should write all that crap on a blog instead of taking comment spaces in other blogs.

I am ready with my camera to take pictures of the first men arriving with a bra on the beach, lol !

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home