Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Contest

Today's Saying
You know horses are smarter than people. You never heard of a horse going broke betting on people. ~Will Rogers

My new-old contest is up and running. I ran it first when I was blogging in Crystal Falls before we moved to Neenah.
I thought it was pretty simple and easy to understand.
As usual I was wrong.
I have Melli wandering around wondering if she can get more than one chance a day. The answer is no!

Rule 1:- Every day you leave a comment you get one and only one entry for that day.
But the entries in the bucket grow as you comment from day to day increasing your chances.

That beings me to Gattina . She thinks I put one name into the toilet and flush it..
So here is a picture of the bucket they go into next to my desk.
The names are on pieces of paper like this.

Every morning when Betty gets up she draws one name.
If your name is drawn two days in a row you win what is in the treasure chest.
You can see what that is by clicking on the treasure chest in the left margin.

That brings us to Cherie who noticed that I hate the book I’m giving away.
She is right I do.
If you also dislike the author and you win I will substitute a different pre-read book for it.
One that I like.

So let me recap. Every day Betty will draw a name from the bucket shown above.
If that name matches the one drawn the day before that person wins the treasure chest.
Otherwise the drawn name becomes the one to be matched tomorrow

I really hope you are a luckier bunch than I had last time.
Since I add at least three new priceless objects to the treasure chest every week it begins to get heavy.
Last time it took seven weeks and cost me a fortune to ship.

But then when Betty gets up it could be won today.


None of the group that is waiting for the great battle has been sleeping well. They have had bad dreams and nightmares. They really wish the battle would happen soon.
Herman is worried about Pastor Joan so he had a bed put in the room that used to be the Intern office back when Last Lutheran had an intern. The old desk has been pushed into a corner. The bed has a clean sheets and a comfortable pillow. If Pastor Joan goes into labor at the church there is now somewhere for her to have the baby rather than on a table in the fellowship hall or a desk in her office.
Tommy UK is beginning to wonder if the man in black is coming. He expected him to be here by this time. They would certainly feel better if he was ready to meet the aliens with them.
When will they come? That question is being asked over and over even as they plan in detail what they intend to do.
Today Tommy UK stayed home from school. He persuade his mother to tell the school he was sick with flue like symptoms. He couldn't concentrate in school in any case.



And the name Betty drew yesterday is Mama Zen. If she draws it again today Mama Zen gets what is in the treasure chest.
We will announce the drawing right after it occurs.

Betty has arrived in the office and drawn a name.
Sorry Mama Zen it wasn't yours.

The person whose name was drawn and who will receive what is in the treasure chest if it is drawn again tomorrow is

Melli

Stop over to her blog and wish her luck.

19 Comments:

Anonymous quilly said...

Good luck, Mama Zen!

Dr. John, when you "annpince" the comment, will it hurt?

Pastor Joan is having her baby in the church in the middle of a major battle. I can see it now.

1:59 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

What a thing this is!
I like today's saying.
thanks for your comment on my easy poem yesterday :)

4:45 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

What a great idea! I love this idea. I have my fingers crossed for ya Melli

5:16 AM  
Blogger Russell said...

I enjoy your posts every week! I will be honest and say I don't get to visit various posts on daily basis -- more like once or maybe twice a week.

But I always feel quite a home when I stop by your blog and enjoy catching up on events.

Please do not enter me in your contest - with all due respect I would much prefer someone else win in the most unlikely event my name would be drawn!! But I think you need to comment two days in a row so I should be okay!

Take care and, again, I always enjoy your most interesting posts!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Finding Pam said...

I too am hoping that Melli wins! I like this contest.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Dr. John, we are an easily confused bunch!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Whooo hooo! I'm IN the bucket! No, wait... I'm OUT of the bucket... or maybe I'm BACK in the bucket! Anyway... I've been picked! And pinched... or annpinced... or something! I'm LUCKY! Or I'm blessed! Now if I can be double blessed that would be almost miraculous!

I never even knew Tommy TW knew about the man in black... and isn't he old enough to decide if he misses school on his own or not!? And why did his MOTHER call the school -- I would have thought NANCY would do that! What classes is he taking anyway? Must be some more WRITING courses! I'm glad Herman has the church set up for the delivery. They can fill the baptismal font with HOT water when the time comes - then when the baby is born, it can be cleaned up and baptised all at once!!! This just gets better and better as it goes!

8:06 AM  
Blogger aims said...

I hope they put a cradle or something in the church. Of course they might be able to use something from the Christmas pageant....

9:07 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

You do realize that I was just having a little fun with the wicked writer, right? I think that this is a marvelous contest. Good luck Melli! :)

10:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such a fun contest Dr. John! I hope your poor treasure chest doesn't get too heavy this time!

God bless!

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Melli...7 weeks for someone to win? WOW....I hope there is no battle going on when Pastor Joan has her baby :)

11:30 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Well good luck to everyone! Did I win??? ;)

12:38 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Good Luck to all the contestants.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Well at least Pastor Joan won't have to deliver in the office! Love Di

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

I was wondering the same thing as Melli.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

I thought your bucket is in reality your waste paper basket until I saw the names Betty pulled out, lol !

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As appropriate as it might be to birth a baby in the fellowship hall, I can appreciate a private room for Pastor Joan! :)

Good luck to Melli! :)

10:44 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Your thought for the day blurbs always seem to give just the right bit of inspiration when needed. Love to read things like this from Will Rogers and also, Mark Twain too. Contest looks like it is fun too. I read your posts daily on my reader but don't always comment so this does push people a little to at least say hello and you know they(we) have been here, visiting.
Peace.

1:19 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I love Will Rogers. He's so smart.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home