Monday, October 05, 2009

A Monday Meme?


Today's Saying
What you don't see with your eyes, don't witness with your mouth. ~Jewish Proverb

A jumbled , uneven meme

1. What do you usually drink at meals? Diet Soda
2. Does your washer make a lot of noise? How much is a lot?

3. How many hair straightners/curlers/dryers are in your house? Who knows. It keeps changing as Pennie hauls hers back and forth.

4. Which side of your face do you like better? The other
5. Do you think that was a weird question? Look at the answer

6. Did you pull any pranks on April Fool's day, or vice versa? Of Course
7. Would you prefer a black or white cellphone, or a bright colored one? I hate cell phones

8. When you believed in the Easter Bunny, what did you picture him/her like? You mean he’s not real?

9. Are you allowed to eat meals in the living room? If we have guests
10.How many people could fit comfortably to sleep in the room you're in? 3

11.Your last ex: how did you two get together? I don’t have a first ex yet alone a last one
12.Do you always have an ice cube in your drink? No. I keep them guessing.

13.Does the last person you spoke to have any siblings? Yes
14.What's the best food for sleepovers? Pickled Pig's Feet

15.Do you have any pictures of yourself on your bedroom walls? No. But have a picture of Martin Luther

16.What do you do for fun when the power goes out? Worry about my oxygen
17.If you had to, would you rather have married your English or math teacher? Either would be weird to have to marry. They were both men.

18.About how many books are in the room you're in? Eleven and 2/3


19.Do you find history interesting? Only when told by Mr. Al.


(Click on the Pigeon Falls Graphic for previous chapters.)

Tommy UK skipped school today. One of the bouncing heads brought information that their intelligence people are convinced the alien attack will come this afternoon. They are trying to verify that information.
So Tommy is meeting with the group over at Last Lutheran going over the game plan. They are ready with the special blankets and some special hats. They hope to have the street cleared and the people safely in the sanctuary before the first Alien lands.
Given Tommy's nightmares they are discussing how to best use the group in the barn.
The man in black hasn't shown up yet but Tommy is sure that he will. Herman is not so sure.
Also because of Tommy's nghtmares they are discussing the possibility of Herman and Tommy blocking the aliens while the street is cleared if the aliens land before that is completed. Their first priority is to protect as many people as possible.
Herman is also worried aboutr Pastor Joan. He is afraid that just when the battle begins she will go into labor. He has made sure there is a midwife in the church at all times.
Now they have to wait .
Is this it? Is the battle finally going to take place? Will the man in black show up? Can they possibly win?


And the name Betty drew yesterday is Aims. If she draws it again today Aims gets what is in the treasure chest. Click on the treasure chest in the left hand column to see what is in it.
We will announce the drawing right after it occurs.

Betty has entered the computer room.
Betty has drawn.
Sorry Aims it wasn't you.

The person she did draw was



..


..

Peter ( Worldman)

Congratulations Peter.
If your name is drawn again tomorrow you win what is in the treasure chest
Stop by and wish Peter Luck

I am so sad that none of you have been lucky enough to be drawn two days in a row that I am announcing that if there is no winner by Wednesday then Thursday we will have our first twofer. That is on Thursday we will draw two names and if either matches Wednesday's draw that name wins. If neither matchs both names will carry over to Friday. Somebody has to win.

16 Comments:

Anonymous quilly said...

#16 made me laugh -- mostly because it isn't really funny. Does that make sense?

AND, the tension in Pigeon Falls is killing me. Plus, this aluminum foil hat is turning my hair green!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Intersting saying to me... and funny meme questionaire.
Good luck to Aim

5:03 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Sometimes the waiting is the hardest part! Loved your meme Dr. john, you are such a clever fellow!
Love Di

5:38 AM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

"I don’t have a first ex yet"

yet? That made me laugh.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Well... one thing I'm SURE of ... Pigeon Falls has a MUCH better chance of survival since Tommy woke up! How MUCH better remains to be seen!

ROFL! Dr. J? Was that YET a Freudian slip??? I'm positive it was supposed to be LET! Let alone a first one! (you're just tryin' to keep Betty on her toes aren't you!? As though she's not ALWAYS on her toes!) LOL!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I am not a very good waiter. I made a better waitress. yuck, yuck.

Of what book do you have 2/3's?

7:53 AM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

I left out a comma. It should read:I don’t have a first ex, yet alone a last one. See how that changes the meaning. Commas are important.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

I wonder who breeds these questionaries, lol ! There are such a lot going around ! I think I know each Blogger better then Mr. Gattino !

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pickled Pigs Feet? YIKES!!! I'm still trying to figure out the 11 and 2/3 LOL. Tommy UK I'm beginning to agree with Melli needs to wake up. He just might be dreaming all of this. Who knows. :)

8:52 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Pickled pigs feet? You and my dad would have gotten along just fine.

I don't know - the suspense of seeing if the same person is drawn the next day is quite fun! I got little sleep because of it Dr. John! ;0)

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your #11 made me smile. My grandfather (also a retired pastor) used to refer to my grandmother as his "first wife" LOL!

I'm getting confused in Pigeon Falls. Should I blame this on the bouncing heads or the aliens?

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quote - Listen to your heart.
???

9:52 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I chuckled at your Easter Bunny answer, I thought of Jimmy Stewart and his imaginary bunny in Harvey.

Congrats to today's winner.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

What a nice thing to say about Mr. Al! I can't wait to tell him. I'll let him know as soon as he comes home from work.

Looks like Pigeon Falls is a ready as it can get.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Ha! I got drawn. What expectations to be drawn again tomorrow. I have prepared everything for it to happen. In all the rooms I lit essence candles distributing good smell so that the spirits are attracted.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Ha! I got drawn. Now I am anxiously waiting to see if I get drawn again. I have prepared everything so that it happens again. I lit essence candles in every room and sweet smell should now attract the good spirits.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home