Thursday, October 08, 2009

Sharing an Old Fart

Today's Saying

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere. ~Frank A. Clark

It is time to share with you another of my favorite blogs.

The Old Fart's Blog

This is one of those special blogs. It has two cats with names, it has train pictures, it has Canadian scenery, it has old video clips, and it has the ongoing life of Bill, Movie Projector operator, turned cable office worker, turned bus driver, and now limousine driver. He has great memories that he shares and through it all his strong faith shines out. I try not to miss a single entry.




Tommy, still smiling said. "I can see that you really want to see what else we have." He then waved his hand and the door on the Masonic Building opened and out came not one but three men in black.
They came and stood one on each side of Tommy and Herman and one between them,
"I'd like to introduce my father and his two Guardian friends" Tommy said. " Of course Oscar you already know him as you betrayed him a long time ago . Now I am giving you one more chance to surrender. Lay down your arms and we will let you depart unharmed. Of course the Guardians will remove all the weapons from your ships as well."
The Alien leader looked at him with a look of pure hatred then signaled his men to begin laying down their arms. As that went on one of the Guardians transported himself into the rocket ship and began destroying the on board weapons.
When all of the weapons from the ground troops were piled up Tommy's father focused a blue beam on them and they were gone, disintegrated.
As all of this was taking place Herman was summoned to the Church. The baby was coming. What a wonderful day on which to be born.
Where did all of Tommy's troops come from? How did his father and friends arrive ? Will it be a boy or a girl? Shouldn't Oops be there? These and other space taking questions might be answered tomorrow.




And the name Betty drew yesterday is Dulce. If she draws it again today Dulce gets what is in the treasure chest. Click on the treasure chest in the left hand column to see what is in it.
Because this is a twofer Thursday she will have two chances.

Betty has arrived in the office.
Betty has drawn the first name.
Sorry Dulce it wasn't yours.
Betty has drawn the second name.
Sorry Dulce it wasn't yours.

The names drawn were:






Sue


and

Melli

Congratulations to you both . If either of you are drawn tomorrow you will win what is in the treasure chest.
Stop by and wish them luck.

I had really hoped that today would be the day. But because it wasn't and there seems to be a paucity of luck out there I am announcing that from now until somebody wins every Tuesday and Thursday will be twofers.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.
And a new path chosen to walk is appreciable if positive.

1:06 AM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

Another one to take a look at.

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill's blog is great. I'm glad you featured him :) So Tommy's dad, a man in black hmmm Woot...they baby is on it's way. Hooray.

1:43 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Hooray for featuring a regular! Bill deserves a bit of attention.

Hooray for Tommy and his dad. Do tell how this came to be!

1:45 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I like the Old Fart, too.

The aliens are disintegrated. Yipee!

3:59 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

My, my so much going on! Are we going to have a cliff hanger Friday? I shall wait with bated breath.

But in the meantime I shall visit The Old Fart!
Love Di

4:52 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Well YES! You see? Obstacles is what we find in the path... so not everything is joy, my Knight!
Love it!
Thanks for everything.
PS... this is getting on my nerves, that treasure is...
***

5:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the Old Fart Dr. John...I love the blog!

Have a blessed day!

5:58 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Oooooo! I have a CHANCE again! Whoooo hooo! I hope it's ME! Or I hope it's Sue... Orrrrr I hope something ELSE gets put in the chest! LOL! I rather like the suspense building ... and building...

THEY SURRENDERED?!! UGH! I hope one of those MIB's double crosses 'em and blows 'em up on their way off the planet! Now, I gotta run over to the church! THE BABY IS COMING!!! I am SO excited!!!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Thanks Betty!! Draw my name again.. I'd love to be a winner!!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

No'one's won yet?

Thanks for sharing the link to the Old Fart's blog. :)

11:16 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Thank you Dr John, for having my entry into cyperspace as your Featured Blog of the Week. I am truly humbled.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tommy's dad is a true MIB *AND* the baby is coming!! Baby baby baby baby baby... I love babies!!

Sorry. I'll just sit quietly here and wait for my grandchildren.

12:30 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

I wish I could write as prolifically as you do and the old fart..
You have so much to say.
Thanks again Dr John..youre a lovely man!

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

I'm looking forward to the space taking answers.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home