Saturday, October 17, 2009

Six Words

Today's Saying

Never exaggerate your faults, your friends will attend to that. ~Bob Edwards


Almost all unread books, now read!


We have come to the end of a relatively quiet week in Pigeon Falls. If you ignore Mrs. Pemberthy and her gremlins everything else was back to normal. There was no new crisis, no new driblet, no new ghosts and no strange happenings. The gossip at Nancy’s was moving back to which husband was cheating and who he was cheating with. The town gossips had two husbands in their sights Tommy UK was back in school and anxious for the month to pass so his birth father would return. He and Tammy were still very much in love. If Pastor Joan and her husband have finally picked a name they aren’t telling anybody. We’ll find out at the Baptism tomorrow. They certainly won’t postpone the Baptism over a name. Will they? Victor Larson has fully recovered from his episode but the doctor’s still don’t know what caused it. Somebody suggested to the neuro-surgeon that it might be a gremlin and he laughed. “If there are gremlins.” he said “ They only mess up mechanical things not people”.

Got to the computer room at 5:00. Put my url on the six word linksy and on raven's linksy. Then visited six word participant leaving six word comments, not as easy as it sounds. Pennie arrived at 6:35 with my Pepsi Max. Visited some wordzzles. Raven had three uplifting stories, the dragons had a poem and some dragonolgy, Sara had a sad happy thing about leaving home, Argent has a better poem and the ongoing adventures of demon Harold. I'll read the rest later. For breakfast I had a two egg bag omlett with cheese and Canadian bacon. Took a breathing treatment. Betty and Pennie left to clean the Church .I pretty much read until they returned then we had lunch.After lunch we went to Menards looking for furnance filters and then to Hobby Lobby.Coming home I did my usual blog visting and found that Dulce had given me this award. It had no conditions so I accepted it.Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

18 Comments:

Anonymous quilly said...

I think there's a gremlin in my dryer. It keeps making me forget to push the little button and turn the dryer on.

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to find out the name :) Happy reading :)

2:33 AM  
Blogger Bridgette said...

I hope the gremlins stay far away from me! Happy 6WS!

3:13 AM  
Blogger SparkleFarkel said...

Turn a page for me!

3:34 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

If it weren't for the gremlins Pigeon Falls would fall asleep.

Come Visit Silly Saturday

4:27 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I kept seeing your comments on blogs I frequent and got very curious. I shall spend this - the 6th day of our autumn vacation - catching up with the "gremlins" and enjoying a most unique and educational blog! (I hope this is a book in the making - or maybe I'll find out it is a book EXTENDED. I hope so!)

4:30 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Love the saying... where do you get them from?
Have a nice Saturday Knight! ;)

5:13 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

I wonder how long the peace will last, not long with the gremlins I suspect! Love Di

5:15 AM  
Blogger Autumn said...

WooHoo Books!!! I stayed up till 4am to get my link in there in time...and somehow I'm up again so soon. Lol. Thanks for the comment on my blog! I need to finish off some of my books around here :)

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Married to Singaporean said...

I like the "Today's saying." Happy SSS.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Read an unread book
to find hitherto unknown
treasures in fine print.

My Six Words

8:29 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I dream of reading unread books!

Happy Saturday Dr.J~
<><

12:42 PM  
Blogger Lizze said...

So what will you read now?

Happy 6WS! :)

2:04 PM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Oh no!!! another One... you've been awarded the One Amazing Blogger Award. Visit my latest post to pick up your award.
You deserve it, because you are one of my very faves, My Knight dear!!
Sweet Hugs

Please do display it somewhere by your side bar... hnmm

3:03 PM  
Blogger Jeanie said...

Happy 6WS: You'll probably just get some more.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Ah, but mechanical things can mess people up.

I'd say they should have come up with a baby name sooner, but they were understandably busy.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

See! Dulce knows how to give an award! NO STRINGS ATTACHED!

They would NOT postpone a baptism over a name! Although... I think by law you have 30 days to name your baby... At least in Maryland -- I don't know if baby naming falls under state or federal mandate!

I wish I could say that about MY stack of books!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Call Me Cate said...

Wow, go you reading your books! I have so many unread. Maybe now that it's turning colder I'll be more content to curl up in a blanket and enjoy them.

Thanks for playing 6WS - sorry I'm so late making the rounds this week.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home