Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Favorite Blog

Today's Saying

There is no telling how many miles you will have to run while chasing a dream. ~Author Unknown

It is time to share with you another of my favorite blogs.
This is another one of those blogs I try to visit every day
. It has it’s own brand of humor which is a bit hard to describe.
But there are kid sayings, adult sayings, funny videos, and here and there a bit of philosophy.
It is well worth a read.
And she is usually short.

Mrs. Pemberthy is still sure that it was the gremlins that put her son in the hospital and she is spreading that word all over Pigeon Falls. Almost everybody coming into Nancy’s is talking about it. Some people think she is probably correct but some remember the psychotic episode she had just after her husband Oscar, Victor’s father, was blown up in the mine. That time she saw marching dwarfs and had to be hospitalized for six months. But that was a long time ago.
Eino is telling anybody that will listen there is no such thing as a gremlin.
Pastor Joan and spouse have narrowed the list of ten names to these five:
Alexander,
Kevin,
Cody,
Tommy
Zachary
They dropped the family names since both Pastor Joan and her husband wanted names from their side of the family and decided it would be better to pick new names than fight over that.

Made it to the computer room by five this morning to find I already had six comments. What time do people get up?
I also had two comments on the story blog one by my chief zolist.
Penny arrived early and brought me my morning soda pop " Diet Rite Cherry Soda".
Checked in at 9:45 when Betty left for the Post Office with the package for Gattina. There are now ten comments including one that has experience with gremlins and one that doesn't want Pastor Joan to name the kid Tommy. Now I am going to go and try to finish the book I'm reading. It is 2:00 and I'm back. I finished the book. Betty has gone to the Ladies Meeting at Church. I am going to spend the next hour reading and commenting on stories using Quilly's words.They are worth reading.At 4:00 Betty came home and we had tea time. Now its time to work on my flash 55.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still running.

1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well my name is out...dang. Oh well. Mama Zen's blog is a good one :)

1:39 AM  
Blogger forever lost said...

mornin! and I love MamaZen too LOL!

2:07 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Pigeon Falls already has a town full of Tommys. Is there room for one more?

2:23 AM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

I've visited here a time or two. A good choice.

2:31 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

You know, just because you are the only one who sees things or creatures, doesn't mean they are not there.

2:51 AM  
Anonymous Dulce said...

It seems people never sleeps or they are sleeping on another side of the world, as is my case... Great saying today and deserved award.
****

3:57 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

Oh yes, I do believe in Gremlins every bit as much as I believe in Fairies...they always reared their ugly heads the week (sometimes the day) after Mac's ship would pull out on a 6,, 7 (sometimes 9) month med cruise...they toyed with the car or the dryer...sometimes the washer...but mostly with my head! We need to band the villagers together to roust them from their nests!!!
Over to visit Mama Zen!
Hope you slept well last night!
Sandi

4:53 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Thank you, Dr. John! What a pleasant surprise!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

That's the problem with dreams... I don't like to run!

Ohhhhh now I have to BEG Pastor Joan NOT to name that darling baby Tommy! There are so many Tommy's even the Great Creator has a hard time keeping them all straight - and he would just end up Tommy PK (the preacher's kid)... *sigh* What happened to all those great J names? LOL! I'm jinxin' the whole caboodle!

Cherry soda now? Wow!

7:30 AM  
Blogger aims said...

I like today's saying quite a bit Dr. J. My legs are tired from all the running I think.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Was over to visit Mama Zen and say hello. A very nice blog, I can see why you like to visit.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

OH yes, Mama Zen's blog is a good one!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

If she is usually short does that mean she is sometimes tall? I would like to be tall sometimes...

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home