Friday Fourteen Agaiin
Depressed? Of course we're all depressed. We've been so quickly, violently, and irreconcilably plucked from nature, from physical labor, from kinship and village mentality, from every natural and primordial anti-depressant. The further society "progresses," the grander the scale of imbalance. Just as fluoride is put in water to prevent dental caries, we'll soon find government mandating Prozac in our water to prevent mental caries. ~M. Robin D'Antan
Click HERE to get to my 55s
1. I feel so good the contest is over and the treasure is shipped. ( Stems from pride at not procrastinating this time)
2. Decided to try to keep giving same amount to Church next year even though our income will be cut 9% next year. It will be more than a tithe. ( Stems from the fact that in this economy the church has problems too)
3. Thought of dressing my scooter up as a train and going to the church Halloween party as an engineer. Still thinking. ( Stems from off the wall imagination)
4. Every flat surface in our living/ dining room is full again proving Linna’s law that all flat surfaces attract clutter. ( Stems from clutter magnetism)
5. My sister called every day this week. Only once during my soap. ( Stems from believe it or not the treasure chest contest)
6. My youngest sister now has COPD and one might be tempted to think it ran in the family except she was adopted. ( Stems from a lifetime of smoking and an infection)
7. My $36 earphones for my TV work far better than my $ 2000 hearing aid. With them, at a lower volume, I can understand every word. ( Stems from my believing the sales pitch on the hearing aid)
8. I am a horrible speller partly because I have a form of Dyslexia that causes me to reverse the position of letters. Thus a word that is spelled wrong looks right to me. I am so thankful for spelling checkers. ( Stems I guess from crossed wires in my brain)
9. Poor dragon still sits with a broken wing. ( Stems from extreme procrastination)
10. Ordered some of Betty’s Christmas gifts this week from the internet. ( Stems from my inability to go shopping outside the Fortress without her)
11. Am trying to rework the budget for next year since the 9% cut in income is coming. No more impulse buying. Spend less on gifts. This is hard. But not as hard as those who now have no income. ( Stems from my very practical side)
12. My son Patrick did a lot of things for us on his last visit including changing ceiling lightbulbs, fixing siding, putting in my TV earphones, and driving us to the Mall. ( Stems from having raised good children)
13. The people at our new bank know our names and always make us feel important. I think this is wonderful. ( Stems from needing my ego massaged)
14. All my grandkids and Pennie went to a Christian concert last Saturday. I was so happy for them. ( Stems from my love of Christ)
Mrs. Pemberthy is still seeing gremlins and is wondering how to get rid of them. They seem to be having some impact on things in the house. The coffee maker began, without any warning, to shoot a stream of coffee out into the room. It made quite a mess. Then the toaster threw the toast up to the ceiling and it floated down into the water in the sink. After that the heating system began to blow cold air and since it was about forty degrees outside that was not a good thing.
Her younger son, Wallace Pemberthy, repaired everything. The coffee maker had developed a little hole in a rubber tube. He replaced the tube. The toaster had so much junk in the bottom it was pulling the spring to far back. He cleaned it out. The cold air was the result of a short in the thermostat which turned on the air conditioner. He repaired that. He told his mother he didn’t see any sign of gremlins.
She is convinced, however, that all of these things happening at the same time couldn’t just be a coincidence and is asking if anybody knows how to get rid of gremlins. She is even offering a small reward.
Pastor Joan and husband still haven’t chosen a name and it’s almost time.
Made it to the computer room at 4:30 this morning as I couldn't sleep. Now I have to tackle some 55's. It is now only 6:30 and I came across a blog that has twenty seven comments. That just boggles my mind. I finished visiting all the 55's listed at 7:10 and went to breakfast.
Got back in time to acknowledge this award. It was given to me by Dawn Treader.
Note this is an acknowledgment not an acceptance. ( I accepted the scrap half once before).
After lunch I fixed the speaker system on Betty's computer now she can hear me sing the ballad on my flash 55. I've started a new book and I'm having trouble putting it down. I did visit some none 55 blogs. Now I need a breathing treatment.