Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Great Priest

Today's Saying

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

~Benjamin Franklin,

It is time to share with you another of my favorite blogs.
New Kid on the Blog


Today I want to share with you my favorite preacher. He isn't even Lutheran but he could be. This is how he describes himself."Alastair McCollum. Husband to lovely Jo, father to Katherine and Jack, minister to Five Parishes.
He is an Anglican Priest who know Jesus and loves people.
He rides a motorcycle and spends time in Pubs.
He plays a guitar .
He writes really great sermons.
THe only problem is he is very busy doing things like marriages, baptisms, visiting the sick, playing with his kids. preparing sermons and the other odd things preachers do so his blogging is erratic.
But at that moment he has two great sermons posted and if you scroll down lots of interesting stuff.
It is a good blog to visit.


Poor Mrs. Trumble no sooner had they gotten the problems at the power plant repaired when all the telephones in the Town Hall went dead. It seems something ate through the line just where it entered the Town Hall , possibly a squirrel. It took several hours to get that fixed.
Then the toilet in the public restroom backed up and flooded her office, that of the clerk, and the common area where people waited. It took a while to clear that and then they really didn’t find out what caused it. It took much longer to get the Town Hall mopped up .
Mrs. Trumble said she was beginning to feel like she was in a war zone and under attack.
Two of the men coming out of the Fly Inn last night just before closing time swear they saw two little creatures going into a hole under the Town Hall. But they had had a lot to drink.
This morning when they went to start up the town’s computer system nothing happened. The computer system is down. They have spent weeks transferring all the billing data to the system and now it wasn’t working. It was time for the fall tax notices to go out.
Just when Mrs. Trumble thought it couldn’t get any worse Petrovich posted the translation of another driblet.


It was a good day.Betty and I looked at some possiblities for a new feature on the blog called "Cooking for and by old people". We might try it next week. Enjoyed reading the other stories using Quilly's words. Worked over the flash 55 for tomorrow . Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Mrs. Trumble...and now Petrovich...geeze...this out to be interesting. Thanks for the info on your featured blog :)

1:38 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Oh, my, Will Mrs. Trimble ever get any peace?

Thursday Thirteen - Useless Knowledge

2:58 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Alastair's is a Wonderful place to visit. And a Good Friend to have.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Hi Dr, John,
I'm sorry I haven't commented lately but I have read your posts.
Things have gotten even crazier around here. I will Alastair's blog soon. Love Di

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Dulce said...

A priest's blog... interesting!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

3 CHEERS FOR ALASTAIR!!! I 2nd your vote!!! I haven't actually been over for his 3 most recent posts (he always does that - hammers me with a bunch at one time!!!) but I'm getting there! I need to go when I've got time to reflect, and I'm not too tired. It's a balancing act!

Who would NOT know that PETROVICH was responsible for these blasted gremlins! (am I being judgemental?) I think the town elders need to BAN driblets!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

OH poor Mrs. Trumble. :(

12:23 PM  
Anonymous quilly said...

You suppose they could get the witch lady to move the Gremlins from Pigeon Falls' Town Hall to senate building in DC? Maybe if all the good senators were buys with overflowing toilets, the White House could actually make progress.

And I love Alastair! Great choice to share.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

If you say it's a good sermon, Dr. John, then it's a must read!

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

A driblet? Yikes.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Wow, Dr John, thank you so much - as I have been obsessed with life in the pub lately (there is a good explanation, as you know) my blogging and blog visiting is lacking so I missed this!

I feel like a certain Mr Obama upon getting the Nobel Peace Prize...

Humbled

(and not quite sure I deserve it!)

As always, love coming to your blog and get so much from it, your praise means very much to me!

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home