Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Favorite Blog

Today's Saying

When I get real bored, I like to drive downtown and get a great parking spot, then sit in my car and count how many people ask me if I'm leaving. ~-Steven Wright

It is time to share with you another of my favorite blogs.
I lppk forward every day to visiting this blog. The lady that writes it has so many gifts. At the moment she has turned her life into a Soap Opera called "Best Laid Plans" . In it she handles rough events in their life with humor. You want to tell her how sorry you are that all this is happening while at the same time you can't help but laugh.
Take a look.

Eino heard from Homeland Security that the green Agent tracked the terrorist to a large The truck was abandoned there and there was some indication a small plane had taken off. The Agent had gone through the truck and found a map of New York City with some places marked with red crosses, He then called in a helicopter and left. Just after they got into the air the truck exploded if it had been earlier the Agent would have been killed.
Nancy says she was visited by two more Federal agents who were not green. They asked the same questions and she gave the same answers. Then she asked if it was true that both the Arab and the green man were aliens from outer space. The agents looked at her like she was crazy and started to laugh.
The head Agent said, “ Lady there are no aliens in outer space “. The only life we know of is here on earth.
But, of course, Nancy and all of Pigeon Falls knows that’s not true. But they also knew it was no use arguing with people who hadn’t been there.

The winner of yesterday's contest is the 16th comment. That's what the random generator says.
And the 16th comment was by Alice Audrey.
Congratulations Alice. Now I need your real life address and your book choice. Send them to:
jlinna@new.rr.com.
To those of you who didn't win but wanted to we'll do it all again next week and I'll add a book to replace the one Alice won.

17 Comments:

Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I got a good chuckle out of todays saying! Headed over to the soap opera now!
<><

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a big laugh when I read the quote. That is interesting.
Thanks for sharing.

2:24 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Loved the quote.

I'll head over and check out your link.

And my last run-in with Homeland security (at the airport) left me thinking that they're the aliens!

2:37 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Just watch Men In Black and you will know who the aliens are.

Thursday Thirteen - Fiendish Facts

3:51 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Good Morning Dr. John,
Thank you so much for choosing me as your featured blog of the week. That was very nice of you and I am happy that you enjoyed my real life soap opera!
Love Di

4:44 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I was just over to see Di and say hello but we are already buds. You always have a great Blog of the week.

4:57 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

ROFL! I LOOOOOVE that quote of the day! Tooooo funny!

I'm so sorry I missed you yesterday - t'was busy busy busy! And I MISSED a chance to get a Patterson book! Maybe next time! Congratulations to Alice Audrey!!!

Those agents are covering up something... but they don't know who they're messing with! Nancy knows more than they could ever HOPE to know! But... if they KNEW she knows what she knows, she might be in danger! Better for her to just shake them off... She's sO smart!

5:48 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Hey I've been here, this is just to say. I love your blog and that you follow mine daily... Great saying as usual.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

John, don't we all know that the government's line is 'there is no such thing as aliens!' I loved that.
..

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Whoohooo! Thanks for the book!

I get the feeling part of Pigeon Falls' installment for today is missing.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Congratulations to Alice!

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Didn't you get my email? I'll take Rita Mae Brown

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Alice. Something those agents need to watch out for is Nancy knows plenty :)

3:16 PM  
Blogger forever lost said...

Dr. John, thanks for the ideas on my antiques! and if the couch is worth the change that is in it..well it needs to go for sure!

4:07 PM  
Blogger aims said...

Hey Dr. John!

So delighted that you got your book! I hope you enjoy Rachel's dry wit and humour.

(our house guest is just starting to read it too)

4:43 PM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

Here, out DC way, things are so congested I often feel like parking on the roadway. I always seem to get stuck in the middle lane in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Some day I'm just going to abandon my car and walk...

6:06 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

that's a great idea with the parking spot ! I have to try that out one day I am bored !!
The cat book you sent me is wonderful ! I have read already 3 stories, so funny ! I didn't know this author at all !!

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home