Monday, October 26, 2009

Me in a MEME

Today's Saying

Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours. ~Swedish Proverb


Saw this meme on three other blogs and thought it would go well here.
( I'm desperate for content again)

1. Candy corn: Your thoughts?
Love it. But prefer the little pumpkins made out of the same stuff.

2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your spouse? (or best friend, if you're not married.) (Or someone significant, like your librarian.)
That was a long time ago. It was after a Christian youth meeting.
I think I said “ Would you like to go for coffee”
She said “ Yes”
We left for the snackbar

3. Could you ever become a vegetarian?
No. Those poor little helpless vegetables shouldn’t have to die for me. Kill me a cow any day.

4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume?
I think we put a Halloween costume on Maggie once. She didn’t like it.

5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Teaberry Gum, Malibu
Barbie, cracking fake eggs on people's heads with your fist and "It's the Great Pumpkin" airing only once a year).
I miss going to grandmother’s house for Christmas. Those were wonderful times.

6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for?
No but I won a Detroit Free Press wrist watch for debating. The debate teams I coached won a good share of trophies.

7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year?
I would prefer to keep Christmas music in the Church instead of seeing Christ be used to sell things at any time.

8. What's your favorite board game?
Scrabble. or Candy Land

9. How do you feel about surprises (receiving, not giving)?
I love surprises .

10. Is it easy for you to say, "I'm sorry?"
Yes, My father taught us that right or wrong when you say you are sorry the healing of relationships begins. And they do.

11. What is your favorite candle scent?
Never burn scented candles or unscented either.

12. October is traditionally "open house" time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you?
I would serve tiny little pasties and saffron buns. They of course would be there to see my train layout.

Nobody is able to understand Petrovich's latest translated driblet. It simply makes no sense as far as they can see. It talks of one chance. Then there is something about reason. It is just weird.
Besides except for the problems in the Town Hall everything is going well in Pigeon Falls. The only big problem was the town cable system went down and people missed their soaps. It seems some kind of animal gnawed through the cable right at the Town Hall. That never happened before.
Over at Nancy's things are slowly returning to normal and people are talking about which husband is cheating on which wife. It seems Krlo Loftum is cheating on poor sweet Helen. Somebody saw him sneaking out of the widow Leplow's house at 1:00 in the morning. They just hope Helen never has to find out.
Jack is saying that he may close up his sauna for good this winter but then he says that every year.
Things really are normal driblet or not.

Got to the computer room at 5:10. Read yesterday's comments. Spent a little bit of time visiting Pigeon Falls. At 6:10 Betty brought my morning soda ( Diet Coke today). At 6:30 Pennie brought my morning soda . I told her her Mother was already here. This was my blogging day and I visited every blog on my main friend's list and left comments on most of them.
Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful Swedish proverb.
Thankyou.

2:10 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

I very much agree with you I hate to hear Christmas songs wherever I go and they start already in November in some shopping malls. By the time it's Christmas, you can't hear them anymore. They also have changed a lot. I only knew Silent Night, Oh Christmas tree, and another one I don't know the title in English, but that was it ! And we used to sing together under the tree.

2:15 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

You're famous for your saffron buns. Did you know that?
LOL at #3!!!

4:10 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Aren't you the mighty King of the Fortress! Two anxious ladies waiting to serve you Morning Soda! You are sooooooo loved!

Those Swedes are fairly clever!

How in the WORLD do we pronounce Krlo? (Carlo?) Poor Helen... SHAME on Krlo! AND the widow! Why doesn't she hook up with nice Mr. Brevig? I know he's kind of new in town... but he seems so lonely...

5:55 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Great Saying today. I love it. Now you should tell us one of these days about those visits of yours to grandma's for Xmas...

6:09 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

Amen to keeping Christmas songs for worship and not for selling things. And I'd like to separate the secular XMAS songs from the worshipful songs by giving them some other group name.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I love those pumpkin candy corns too.

Book Review #4 - Drood

7:58 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Love you answers Dr. John, especially #3!

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Marisa @ Getting Back To Basics said...

Love your quote and I'm glad you're not afraid to stand up for the rights of vegetables every where.

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a name Krlo. I love it. Kill me a cow as well. :) I couldn't be a vegetarian. I need my meat :) Have a great day :)

10:13 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I never thought of it that way, but you answer to #7 is so right. I still like to listen to my Christmas Carols in July.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Barbara H. said...

I agree with your answer about Christmas carols. Love the vegetarian answer as well! I'd love to see your train display.

Good for you for not just taking both sodas. :-)

10:54 AM  
Blogger SouthLakesMom said...

I used to object to the mixing of Christmas carols and secular holiday music...but a Christian music radio station here started playing a mix and ran a blurb that said, "you may have notice we (do this). The reason is that we hope someone who doesn't know Christ will stop and listen because they hear a favorite tune, and then stick around a while to hear praise music and maybe find out something more about the Lord."

So...while I still don't want it on the airwaves before Thanksgiving, after that, I'm okay with either kind. It's also kind of fun to be wandering through a secular store and singing the words of the carols that glorify the Lord. I confess I turn my volume up a little when given the opportunity to sing "Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel"...I'm waiting for the day that someone asks me who Emmanuel in that song is.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

We don't do anything Christ-massey until after Thanksgiving. And candy corn? The best!

2:15 PM  
Anonymous quilly said...

#7 -- Amoeba and I have opted out of Christmas shopping. Too commercial and that's not what we want our Christmas to be.

Normal is a relative term in Pigeon Falls.

You could have had TWO sodas.

3:04 PM  
Blogger forever lost said...

Love the Swedish proverb..but Dr you and I could certainly put in some game playing!
And I cant help but sing Christmas songs whenever I am happy. My fav as I cook for a family dinner ... "White Christmas"

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

I get the feeling $100 isn't going to be enough

5:45 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I do like your schedule, Dr. John. I have too many blogging days. But then, I am retired so I may rate a few more than you.

You didn't think my being on a swing idea was very good 'cause no one solved the driblet. Or can just village members try to do that?

Thanks a lot for keeping me on your 'round.'
..

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home