Thursday, November 05, 2009

A Favorite Blog

Today's Saying

Proof of our society's decline is that Halloween has become a broad daylight event for many. ~Robert Kirby

We interrupt our usual Thursday Programing for this special announcement.





The big town meeting is scheduled for tonight. They are going to look at the last part of the driblet to see if it can help them get home. It reads:
Find then the giver of the curse.
She alone can restore the balance.
But she must not know it is hers.
Or lost forever they will be
Lost forever seems pretty final.
Nancy says she is going to make three big pots of coffee for the meeting. It is going to be cold and that many people won't fit in any of these buildings. The coffee will help to keep them warm. Joe Maki offered to set up three tripods and build three fires to hang the pots over to keep them hot.
Nancy is even going to try a recipe for egg coffee that came from her great great grandfather.
Fred Percival took the train to Marquette this morning to see what it was like in 1890. He was surprised to find that Marquette had some electric lighting . The big general store had only electric lights. He forgot and wore his jacket that says " I'm gay and proud of it", on the back. People looked in a really odd manner at him as he walked through the store .
These are some of the comments he got:
" That's nothing to be proud of young fellow."
"You'll get over it."
" More people should be like you".
" I used to be and then I got married"
"Where did you get a jacket like that?"
" You'd be better off working hard."
It was not until he was riding back on the train that he realized that in 1890 the word gay didn't mean homosexual. it meant happy go lucky, care free, or having fun. These years would come to be known as the gay ninetys.


The first winner of yesterday's contest is the 12th comment. That's what the random generator says.
And the 12 th comment was by :
Finding Pam
Now I need her book choice and address sent to me at
jlinna@new.rr.com

The second winner in yesterday's contest who gets to choose from the remaining four books is the 17th comment.
And the 17th comment was by
Thom
Now I need his book choice and address sent to me at
jlinna@new.rr.com
( Please send top two choices and I will send the one Pam doesn't choose.)
Congratulations to the winners.
I will add two more books and play again next Wednesday.

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hilarious quote.
Thankyou.

1:41 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Dr. John -- I just wrote an entire sermon for what you put in your peace globe frame. Mine is set to publish at 5:00 a.m. HST, which should be about 10:00 a.m. EDT.

Mine's longer. Yours is better.

2:19 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I love your peace globe. It says it all so well.

Dona Nobis Pacem & Thursday Thirteen

2:50 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I forgot to make a peace globe... I've been to busy to find peace! (actually, I've been quite peaceful about being busy...) But I like yours! Can I share?

Congratulations to Pam and Thom! Only two books down, and I liked 3, so that means I could still get one of my originals NEXT Wednesday! Or I might want a new addition! *crossing fingers* (what does THAT do?) I'll pray instead! :)

Sooooooo... BIG town meeting tonight. I hope they duct tape Eino's mouth! They have to find the witch and get HER to curse them back to 2009 - without her knowing??? THIS oughta be interesting....

4:51 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

Pray for peace.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Like your Peace Globe Dr John,

Congrats to the Winners Pam and Thom,

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOT...Thank you Dr. John. I haven't won anything in so long....I like that generator :) Mahalo my friend.
Egg coffee? Yikes. I love that they are back in the 1890's. See how fun gay was? Love it. Not saying it's not fun now but truly fun back then :)

5:12 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

I love your generator...why does it not love me? Now off to read Quilly!
Sandi

5:31 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

I am longing for that day to come!

5:35 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Peace will be with us one day for sure Dr.J!
<><

9:42 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

I think you and Quilly are right on. We all need to take action, instead of using peace as a word.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Wonderful words on your Peace Globe Dr. John.

Peace to you and yours my friend. x

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Egg coffee? Ewwww.

Love your flag.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

Congrats to Pam, congrats to Thom, and a comment on today's quote: I was recently visiting in your neck o' the woods. The kids were trick-or-treating at 4:30 p.m. My SIL tells me Neenah & environs have prescribed trick-or-treating hours. I've never heard of such a thing. Amazing...

5:20 PM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

Love the peace globe. Peace to you and yours!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

A very nice peace globe and I loved very much what you wrote on my blog.

2:57 AM  
Blogger Finding Pam said...

I love your peace globe and post. I thought I had been here to comment, but I see that I have not.

Thank your generator for choosing me. I need a new book. I am sorry that I took so long to get here.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Travis Cody said...

Peace to you and yours.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Excellent Peace Day words.

Best Peace day wishes to you. :-)

4:35 AM  
Blogger zzyytt said...

michael jordan shoes
100% real jordans for cheap
michael kors handbags
nike air max
stephen curry 5
hermes bags
mbt shoes outlet
michael kors handbags
jordan shoes
kyrie shoes

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home