I have my own little world, but it's okay - they know me here. ~Author Unknown
Click HERE to get to my 55s
1. Everyday I get two new entries in the Publisher’s Clearing House Contest but I won’t win ( stems from having no luck at all.)
2. The catalogues we are getting in our snail mail are beginning to out number those in E-mail ( Stems from being closer to Christmas)
3. There are piles of catalogues everywhere .( Stems from Betty’s fear that the perfect Christmas gift will be in the one we throw away)
4. Switched from Diet Coke to Diet Pepsi as my morning drink ( Stems from Diet Pepsi being on sale and we bought lots)
5. I now have five free magazines coming . ( Stems from inability to turn down something free. I don’t even like “ Wired”)
6. Every Sunday it takes three hours to upgrade the Church website . ( Stems from all the really stupid mistakes I make It should take an hour at most)
7. My long lost relatives in Kenya seem to have stopped dying and leaving me millions. ( Stems from their working on some new scam)
8. If I had won one real lottery for every ten scam lotteries I’ve “ Won” I would be so rich. ( Stems from scammers really liking me . What else could it be?)
9. Betty & I have one Christmas gift wrapped and mailed. ( Stems from its needing to be opened now so it can flower by Christmas)
10. Bought two Christmas Cactus plants from Publisher’s Clearing House that were supposed to be blooming by Christmas. There is no way they will. ( Stems from total gullibility)
11. I am doing most of my Christmas shopping for Betty on the internet and am almost done. ( Stems from inability to go anywhere without her driving.)
12. Am enjoying the new season of NCIS but still don’t care for NCIS Las Angeles. ( Stems from some spin offs just don’t have it)
13. Some places sure do charge a lot for the handling end of “plus postage and handling” ( Stems from old fashioned American greed)
14. Finally I am back to selling on E-bay. ( Stems from overcoming advanced procrastination.)
After much thought and discussion , after some screaming and head shaking, after being hit by the realization this is their one chance the group finally agreed on a story for Eugene to tell the old lady.
“It seems that in 2009 , back where the town used to be the daughter of an old Gypsy man fell in love with a man from Pigeon Falls. They dated and lived together for awhile and then he dumped her.
This angered her father who said that the honor of all Gypsies was tarnished by his action. He demanded that the man pay retribution and apologize to the tribe. He refused and some of his friends told the old Gypsy to bug off. They said it was all a scam to extract money from them.
At this the Old Gypsy announced that his personal honor was now at stake. He demanded an apology from the man’s tribe, the town, and a monetary retribution. The town council met and refused to comply with his wishes. In fact somebody on the council called him a scam artist to his face.
In anger he pronounced this curse:
Nothing seemed to happen.
But the next morning here was the entire town in 1890.
Now we really need help to lift the curse.
The people involved are repentant and willing to apologize to the Old Gypsy.
The town is willing to pay the price to restore his honor.
But to get back to 2009 we need help.
We need somebody to lift the curse.
Can you do it?”
Now all they have to do is sober up Eugene and plant the story in his head. Then guide him to the old lady/ Gypsy’s house.
While he sobers up they are going to keep telling each other the story close enough for him to hear.