Tuesday, November 17, 2009

More Thoughts Still Rambling


Today's Saying
I wish I was a glow worm,
A glow worm's never glum.
'Cos how can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out your bum!
~Author Unknown


Rambling Thoughts Again

Rambling Thought One
I didn't mean yesterday to imply that I expected to die soon. I expect to live for sometime yet.
The problem is not dying but blogging. Between the dizziness that keeps me from walking to the computer room and the difficulty keeping my eyes open because of the new medication I have less time when I can blog and know what I’m doing. Thus I have made some choices.
To begin with I am putting all the effort into keeping the blog as is that means no time left for visiting and everything has to be auto posted to be sure it will get done.
If it gets worse the dragons go first .
But it could get better.

Rambling Thought Two
Breathing has shown some slight improvement.

Rambling Thought Three
Perhaps, instead of calling this random thoughts I should have called it blogging in the fog.

Rambling Thought Four
Thanks for all the nice comments you left yesterday. I appreciate all your prayers and your attempts to cheer me up.
Hopefully I will stop with the random thoughts and get back to real blogging tomorrow.


Chief Ican and Eugene still haven’t returned.
They were expected back this morning. The town is beginning to worry.
Mrs. Pemberthy told Nancy that the old woman probably turned them into frogs or something.
Mrs. Trumble is reminding people that they are involved in negotiating the sending back of Pigeon Falls and that might take some time. Eugene is not a great negotiator.
Tommy UK now thinks he should have gone with them because then he could have zapped them back instead they have to come down that very difficult trail. They might even have gotten lost.
Mrs. Trumble says that they just have to trust that Chief Ican knows what he is doing. But then it isn’t the Chief they are worried about it’s Eugene.
Pastor Joan pointed out that they had done everything the driblet expected of them. They just have to hope it was enough. She further suggested a little prayer wouldn’t hurt.
So the town waits expectantly for the two of them to return. It feels like children waiting for Santa to come.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...well this makes me feel better. A little clarification on your part. See the positive thoughts are helping a bit. Your breathing is getting better. So I know it's gonna work. Have you ever thought of getting a lap top so it can be with you and near you and you don't have to move as much? The are really cheap my friend. Maybe that would help you. And by the way...I can send you plenty more awards with rules to cheer you up. How does that sound LOL :) Keep thinking positive and follow doctors orders. And ACK...your POW...WOW...something else I tell ya :)

1:23 AM  
Blogger Jinksy said...

I choose to be a glow worm - how about you?! Let's shine in unison...

2:08 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

"Blogging in the Fog" sounds likw what I've been doing recently - but with considerably less reason than you have!
Don't let blogging become a chore. It should be a fun occupation that you do because you want to, and that doesn't cause stress when you're medicated. Take things gently, because we like having you around!

2:09 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

I think waiting for Chief Ican & Eugene is more like waiting for the dentist. One wants the pain to end, but seriously fears the process ....

And Dr. John, I wanted to tell you what a difference you have made in my life while you're still here to appreciate it. I am trusting that with all of our prayers, you are going to regain your strength and breathe more easily.

2:21 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I didn't mean to make my comment yesterday to sound like a eulogy but I wanted you to know how you affected me.

I love the glow worm quote.

Tuesday's Tales in Two Hundred - Going In Circles

3:25 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Hey My Knight.. So good to hear you are getting better... You know? You could stop blogging for a while... Yet, you still do it perfectly well. No one would say by your wise writing you are dizzy at all.
I have new joy in my heart- thank YOU!

4:54 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Well Dr. John I certainly wasn't expecting you to die! But I do hope that you start to feel better and that you can continue to blog. I would miss you too much if you gave it up! Love Di

4:56 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

Hope you are unfoggy.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Oh, I knOw you're not dying yet! You're to fiesty to go out easy! But then again... you love the Lord with all your heart and know what is to come! BUT... this HAS been a wake-up call for me! Just as Mark 13 is a wake up call for us all - your email and post were a wake up call to me! I can NOT take it for granted that God is going to let me KEEP you! The day is going to come when He gets you with him, and I will have to wait a long time to see you again... and I do thank you for this wake up call - because I'm NOT there... Betty and Penny know... they see you every day... I was really caught off guard by the fact that you've lost 50% of your lung capacity - just since I SAW you! THAT was really a wake up call! And of course, I think... I have so much to say - but so much of it is selfish... and the only important thing IS that you know I love you... and of course... you do! I'll leave it at that right now. You are far from having been eulogized by me! But I really DO appreciate knowing... because not being with you and not seeing the progression I would really (REALLY) be caught off guard if I just suddenly heard the end was in sight. My heart adjusts better with the little steps... Giant steps throw me way of kilter! (see? me. me, me, me... totally selfish!) I'm glad you have noticed slight improvement! I hope you continue to notice not so slight improvement! MY true desire is complete healing! I will accept God's will...

I'm still biting my fingernails about Eugene and the gypsy... maybe we should have a prayer vigil!

6:06 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

The saying for the day cheered me up.


Blogging in the Fog is a good title.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Enchanted Oak said...

Blogging in the Fog is better than Blogging in a Frog. His typing is terrible.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

I'll second what Dragonstar had to say cause that Blogging in a Fog really describes me much of the time too.
Good to hear the meds seem to be helping cause as you know, every little bit is good, isn't it?

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand that loss of lung capacity (my dad is at or below 50%) -- it simply makes everyday tasks so much harder to accomplish.
I am grateful for the time you spend with us, Dr. John. You make the blogworld a better place just by being a part of it. ♥

12:44 PM  
Blogger Cherie said...

I thought that I commented yesterday, but I see that I did not. The truth is that I didn't know what to say. My first impression was that you were deciding to make some adjustments due to the medical situation. Never-the-less, I am happy for the clarification. Like all these people around here, I've grown very fond of you, and I have appreciated your wise words. But I've also appreciated your unabashed silliness with things like Pigeon Falls and the dragons and so forth. Such a delight.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Loved the Glow Worm quote, it sounds like something Pollyanna would say, She always like playing her "Glad Game".

Still asking God to send his Angels to keep watch over you and help you with your breathing and dizziness.

You are a Special Friends Dr John.

1:47 PM  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

I didn't come by your blog yesterday, and playing catch-up today and reading these last two posts has been like someone kicked me in the solar plexus. I do feel a little better after reading today's post. If it's any consolation to you, I never know what I'm doing when I'm blogging. I just sort of do it (one word at a time, sweet Jesus) and lo, and behold, eventually I have made another post. That's my advice to you: take it one word at a time, one breath at a time.

My prayer is that you will write many, many, many more posts. I'm with Melli. I'm selfish.

2:48 PM  
Blogger hope said...

Well of course you're not going anywhere...not while we're here to keep cheering you on. :)

Just go at your own pace because we all understand. I was diagnosed with asthma this spring so I can relate to the scary part of anything messing with your breathing. One of the meds put me in a fog, so forgive me for laughing at "blogging in a fog". Been there, done that.

Keep well and keep popping up.

4:02 PM  
Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

tory burch sale
jordan retro 12
uggs on sale
fitflop clearance
uggs outlet
warriors jerseys
moncler pas cher
heat jerseys
ray ban wayfarer
louis vuitton outlet stores
2016.12.8xukaimin

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home