Monday, June 16, 2008

Still More of Me

Saying for the Day:- There are at least two kinds of cowards. One kind always lives with himself, afraid to face the world. The other kind lives with the world, afraid to face himself. ~Roscoe Snowden

I swiped this meme from Mimi

In your ENTIRE life, have you ever...

gone on a blind date? Nooooo. I'm surprised I wasn't talked into it though...

skipped school? Once because I didn’t want to get the shots the health department was giving that day.

watched someone die? Several people in my calling as Pastor.

been to Canada? Yes. Pennie was conceived there.

been to Mexico? Yes , once.

been to Florida? Yes Several times!

been on a plane? Yep ! Flew a lot when the old Blue Goose still flew.

been lost? *whew!* Have I ever! When you ride with Pennie lost is a way of life.

been on the opposite side of the country? From the middle which side is opposite?

gone to Washington, DC? Was there twice. Once with my family and once for a National Church meeting about the war in Viet Nam.

swam in the ocean? Never.

had your booze taken away by the cops? What booze?

lettered in a high school sport? You have to be kidding. I lettered in Debate.

cried yourself to sleep? On rare occasions

played cops and robbers? Sure with the Stetsons and Poggis.

played dolls? Only at Grandmas house

recently colored with crayons? As a matter of fact, I have!

sang Karaoke? Never with my voice.

paid for a meal with coins only? Never had that many coins.

done something you told yourself you wouldn't? If eating the wrong foods counts then many times!

cheated on an exam? No !

made prank phone calls. No but got some.

laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose? I have... I don't wish to do this again.

caught a snowflake on your tongue? LOTS of them!

danced in the rain? Yes! Yes! YESSSSSSSSSS! (does anybody answer No to this???)

written a letter to Santa Claus? Of course!

been kissed under the mistletoe? Certainly!

watched the sunrise with someone you care about? Yes indeed!

been arrested? No

blown bubbles? Awwwwww.... of course I have!

gone ice-skating. Yes-Fell down a lot

been skinny dipping outdoors? Once or twice . Right from the sauna

had a nickname? I don’t think so

been to Africa? Nope.

eaten cookies for dinner? They are just perfect for dinner.

been on TV? Yep. We used to broadcast our Sunday Service on TV.

stolen any traffic signs? No

been in a car accident? Ugh! Yea... not fun!

Do you have any... tattoos? No! That is an emphatic NO!

body piercings? No. You think I guy who stayed home from school not to get a shot would get his body pierced?

Do you drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? I drive a Pontiac Montana because we need to carry my electric scooter.

What do you do to relax? Blog! And other stuff!

How do you see yourself in 10 years? Alive.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. The White Rabbit hasn’t been seen since the horseless RCMP man said it was a hoax. If it is a hoax it could be out for repairs. In the meantime our dragons have continued to fly and they certainly are no hoax.
Buddy East want to remind people that the Liar’s club contest has begun. You can get information in last Friday’s post.
One of the picnickers out at the Lake of the Loon’s yesterday said he saw a plume of water on the far end of the lake. It was too far away to see what was shooting the water up into the air but it could have been a whale. By the time he called other people’s attention to it it had disappeared.
Tommy UK and the Tommy Club are still trying to solve the mystery of the vanishing people. They spent all weekend going over the area searching for clues. So far they have found nothing new. But Tommy UK just hates to give up. Somebody in the Tommy Club suggested they also try to discover if the White Rabbit is a hoax. Tommy UK opposed this but the rest of the Club thought it would be a good idea. So today some of the members are going out to the crossing where the Rabbit was last seen and are going to search the area. Tommy UK complained that they are wasting time but decided to go with them.
******

Today's Link-Awareness- Bloom where you are planted.
This was a really rough day until:. It started with very low oxygen readings, a bloated stomach, but I blogged anyway. Then we called the doctor and made arrangements for a 3:30 appointment. I then spent most of the day in bed. At 3:30 I grabbed my faithful oxygen tank and Betty drove me to the Doctor's office. It was like taking your car in to get it repaired. My blood pressure was great. My lungs were moving air well. My heart was fine. My oxygen level was in the mid normal. I was in great shape. So I asked the Doctor why I felt like I was going to die and he said it was something I ate. In a day or two I should be fine. Well now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA


Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Tommy protesteth too much.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

LOL! I love your meme! We agree on so many answers! I'm thrilled about your vision for the future!

I'm fairly certain that the White Rabbit hasn't been back because his feelings are hurt. Rabbits are furry sensitive people and do NOT like being called Hoaxes! I think this chatter is going to have to stop and the town may even have to write a letter of apology to the White Rabbit before he will return. They might even have to offer gifts of carrots and celery.

Tommy UK needs to find out what those initials - ILEM - stand for! He should quit wasting time with the rabbit!

And I should quit wasting time period, and get to thinking up a good LIE!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Wonderful Answers Dr John, I always learn something when I come to visit.

A Blessed day is wished for you and Betty

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so sure you spent your days swimming in ocean and making sure your body piercings didn't rust out. Somehow you did this from the middle of the country too.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

I'm slowly developing suspicions about Tommy. I hope I'm wrong.

Love your meme answers. Make sure your ten-year vision transpires!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

What a fun meme! I enjoyed your answers so much I'm going to have to post this one, too, in the next few days.

Have a great day!

8:52 AM  
Blogger butterflies said...

Wow..how has anyone NOT swam in the ocean?
I like that youre going to live for another 10 yrs..maybe a seaside visit could be planned? Breathe easy

9:32 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

You always get the good meme's worth doing. If I didn't have so much blog fodder to catch up on... I'd steal it. =OP

Missed you Dr. John.

9:49 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

I think I'll try this one if I ever get caught up from being gone from home so much lately.

10:44 AM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

It always does me good to come by here, Dr. John. The power went out in my school building so we had to close up shop after noon. There was a Red Cross Blood Drive going on at the time. They require computers so they, too, had to shut down.
Good news is I'm out on my back patio getting caught up on my blog reading.
I loved your answers to this MEME.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

I'm guessing the key now is to quit eating. That's the key for me too. *sigh*

My friend, you CAN hear Pastor Paul!!! Go HERE and click on the sermon of your choice! They're ALL good!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Does this mean Pennie is Canadian? I always suspected...

Well, we will be dropping off the dog around eleven. Glad you are feeling better.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Carletta said...

Loved the meme Dr. John!
I especially liked your reply to the body piercing :)
I'm here late so I hope you're feeling much better by now.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

I hope you are feeling better. Enjoy your posts and the memes.

3:53 AM  
Blogger jmb said...

Interesting and humorous post Dr John, but I thought you disliked memes. But I guess if you only do the ones you like then it's OK.
I hope you feel better soon.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home