Sunday, June 15, 2008

I'm Back

Saying for the Day: I think skipping could be the answer to many of our adult health problems. ~Jeanne, as posted on iskip.com

Hi! I’m back, sort of.
I hope you missed me.
On Friday Betty and I went to the Post Office to mail out the five eBay packages. Then we went out and ate.
When we got home I became very sick to my stomach and spent the rest of the day going between bed and bathroom. Saturday was more of the same.
Today I’m a little better but won’t be able to go to Church. Among other things this has knocked my oxygen count for a loop. One of my small bottles wouldn’t carry me through the service. I hate it when people pass out in church, particularly if those people are me.
So today I’ll have to get my Church from the television. It won’t be the same. The music will be too professional. At timews it’s almost as if those services are done by robots and not by humans. But the Word will be preached.
I will miss the fellowship. The feeling of power that comes with the Holy Spirit in so many people. I will even miss the coffee after.
But this is the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice in it.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Since the RCMP man left the White Rabbit has been the big talk in the town. Can it really be a hoax? Nancy says that people coming into her shop are evenly divided. The problem for those who think it’s a hoax is figuring out who would do it. They would point to Tommy UK but this hoax costs money and Tommy UK doesn’t have a lot of that. If this is a special effects creation that somebody had made and paid for who is that somebody. Tommy UK was around most of the time when it was seen but sometimes he was in school. Mrs. Trumble was often there just after the rabbit came but she was trying to kill it. Eino was around much of the time but to accuse Eino is like accusing the Pope. There just are no good suspects. And we still don’t know if it really is a hoax. All we have is the observation of a RCMP man who didn’t even have a horse. What kind of Mounted Police Man travels without his horse?
Our dragons continued to fly after missing the night the RCMP man was here. Nobody in Pigeon Falls doubts that they are real.
Petrovich was asked what effect the rabbit not being real would have on his driblets. He said none. If the Prophet saw a big rabbit in a vision he wouldn’t know it was not real. He could only write down what he saw.
There have been no further sightings of the Lake of the Loons whale. Fewer and fewer people are going with their cameras in the hope of getting a picture and winning that prize money.
******

Today's Link- Faith in Community- The Pastor's dog. Hero or class clown?
It was a hard breathing day. I did some blog visiting in the morning. I played canasta with Betty and Pennie and I won. I went back to bed. Got up and brought the St. Mark website up to date. I did a little more blogging. Both of my sons and my sister called. They all worry about me. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
Our Rose

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better soon, Dr. John! If the White Rabbit is a hoax, people might want to consider Dr. Fortress as the perpetrator. The rabbit gets people to ride his train so they can see it.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

YAY! You're back!!! I bet you couldn't even guess I missed you - but of course I did! I'm glad you're feeling sOMe better - but I hope you are feeling like skippy by the end of the day!

I do think skipping might be just the answer! I think I'll see if mom knows how... we can skip from the car into Walmart!

I'm certain the White Rabbit is real - just as the dragons... AND THE WHALE are real! The town is wasting their time trusting a Mounty without a horse!

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that sounds horrible! Hope you are feeling better today.

You're right church on TV lacks the same power.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

I'm sorry you got sick, something you ate must have done it. i don't like it when people faint either, specially if it's you so hopefully with a bit of rest your breathing will be back on top.

Happy Father's Day to you and your sons.
I hope you guys have a wonderful day.

say hi to all the fam, hugs and our love to you all too.
xo

7:55 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I am glad to see you back Dr John, I will say a prayer for you for a speedy recovery. God will understand why you cannot go to church today.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

I wondered where you were. Sounds quite horrible, so I'm really glad you're recovering a bit. It takes time to get over something like that - even when you're 100% fit! Take care of yourself.

8:24 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

glad you're back and wish you speedy recovery!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

So I would guess that Gregnicov was not able to foresee the coming of Sgt York who has to potential to expose the White Rabbit hoax.

11:27 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

I was driving from your area of the country to my area of the country so I didn't yet know I could miss you, but now I see that you "weren't there." Sorry to hear that you were sick and I pray for your speedy return of health and energy.

Regarding TV church: I'm usually in church, so the TV church isn't on our TV,but when I was in the hospital, I could get a very conservative RC church station and something from another branch that was very different from what you and I attend. There was hollering and carrying on, waving his arms, walking all about. Big haired ladies with lots of eye makeup (and not even Tammy Faye) who yelled and scowled. My goodness. Is this the way Christianity is presented to the many who have no church background? Granted, this is apparently the culture of some American Christians, but it didn't resonate with me.

I even emailed that program and asked how do you catch flies with vinegar? ie: Yelling and scowling aren't very appealing. I got no answer.

I hope you tell what you really saw and heard on your TV. Perhaps there is a middle ground. Perhaps "our" groups miss a good way to reach others.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Happy Father's Day from Breanna....I told her you were not her father but she wanted to wish it anyway.

On Mother's Day all I got was..."Happy Mother's Day....I'm hungry."

She must think you are pretty special. She is now at camp.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I wish you to get better soon. I am back now too, after all the mess with the airplane crash in Khartoum. And I am struggling with my network's "health".

8:44 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

That was horrible Dr John, I hope you are feeling better now and will soon be back to your normal self, which admittedly is not perfect but OK, sort of.
I'm sure they were all thinking of you at church today and were with you in spirit at least.
Take care.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. Not sure about the white rabbit but watch out for the red squirrels.

3:28 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

Hope you are feeling Better!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Cedar said...

I grew up in Jersey, if a person skipped it could be the beginning of their health problems.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

sounds like you got a touch of food poisioning. It can range from mild to severe, I have had it twice, once mild, once thought I would die, and was afraid that I wouldn't, couldn't figure out which end to put over the toilet, and HURT........my stomach hurt so bad thought I was having a baby. Sound fun, nope.......

Anyway, It takes a few days for the stomach to get over that kind of insult. Hopefully you didn't, but I do know that you do survive......I always suspect the fish or the salads......I don't eat out anymore, can't now that I can't eat any glutens. Hope you are better, I have been catching up on the last few days, so I am not exactly sure which day you were sick......must have been Sunday. It is Wednesday now, are you feeling better?

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home