Friday, April 18, 2008

My sidebar

Saying for the day:“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. ”

For those of you who stopped by expecting to read my usual deep philosophical and witty blog I apologize.
This morning I want to take you on a tour of my left hand sidebar ( there being nothing on the right hand sidebar). On the plus side if somebody asks what you have been doing instead of saying you were wasting your time reading blogs you can tell them you were touring a bar. Doesn’t that sound better.
But on with the tour.

The first point of interest is this box labeled family videos. If you click on it you will be taken too old and very boring glimpses of the Linna family’s life. I did intend to keep adding to it and I still might. But the new additions will be as boring as the last.


Next is a little box that will take you to my private awards room. I used to keep my awards on the sidebar itself but then it got so cluttered. So I created a special room where I can go and admire and dust them.

The box after that takes you to all my links. It may be the most important box on the bar. Here are all the wonderful people that make blogging fun. Well they aren’t all there there are a few I still have to add but you know how I procrastinate.


This is the box that will show you how a child atheist gets to be an old Pastor. It is the story of my life so I think it’s worth a read.

This takes you to the website of the Church I belong to. You can see and hear the bell choir, the children’s choir, and the regular choir.

If you like art this takes you to a place where you can buy the best. Her fish cups are great for cocoa in the morning. This is an unpaid advertisement just because I think so highly of what she does.

If you have read any of my elf tales you might want to read more ( though I doubt it but you might) . So here are all the tales in one wonderful place. They are stories and should be read out loud. to get the full effect.




The last box before the daily Bible verse is Petrovich’s website. Petrovich lives in Pigeon Falls and wants people to know about the great Seer Alexis Grengicoff so he keeps a website with the translated driblets. I keep the box as a favor to Petrovich.

So that’s my sidebar. Feel free to visit it often.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Last night things changed again. The Pigeon Falls dragon did a barrel roll. It was like a flaming wheel of fire. It is now obvious that it is performing for the crowd or it would seem to be. But since nobody knows why a dragon would do such a maneuver one can’t be sure. In any case the crowd shouted and applauded. It was the highlight of the evening. It almost guarantees there will be twice as many people out tonight. Sometimes it is weird that makes life good.
The snow is starting to melt and it looks like Spring is coming to Pigeon Falls but then old timers remember that May storm that brought three feet of snow with it in 1976 or 77. So people aren’t looking to plant any gardens yet. But it was seventy in Pigeon Falls yesterday.
Somebody suggested the dragon may just have Spring fever.
Joseph Becan is lost. He went climbing up Mt. Hillary even though he was told not to. You know how untrustworthy that Mountain is. Parts of it seem to keep shifting and you are never quite sure where you are. But he’s young and doesn’t listen to anybody. So away he went. He’s been gone now for several days and people are beginning to worry. If he’s not back by tomorrow a search party will set out to look for him.
*****

Link for Today-Noble Pig- A Battle for the Roses
Felt better today. Oxygen was still on the low side but I went grocery shopping. It was good to get out of the house. When we came back I put this Sunday's bulletin on the St. Mark's website. Then I took a nap and watched two hours of Monk. my sister Dawn called. She likes to check in on me. This blog will; be up a bit later tomorrow as my grandkids will be here and are sleeping in the computer room. I can't get to the computer until they get up. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
From the archives: Patrick and Caleb

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice tour guide.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

I visited your private awards room, I was suitably impressed. If there was an award for best private awards room, I feel sure you would be in with a chance.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joseph Becan will be back in 100 years, ala Rip Van Winkle.

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey thanks for the tour. I saw the wave of the hand "and over here". Very cool to learn a bit before clicking....

10:48 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Patrick is terribly handsome and Caleb is such a cutie pie...how nice the 'genes' that run in your fam veins.

hope you and all are alright. dentist for 3 rd time this wk for me...work continues in my mouth and i will be happy when it's over. so happy to have found such a nice lady denstist.

much love to all, xo

5:30 PM  
Blogger Ruth W. said...

So happy I'm on you friend's list. :)
Hope all is well with you and Betty.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Thanks for including my link in your side bar.

They should look for Joseph at night as he will be easier to find. After all he is a Becan.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home